1 2
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/9/23 8:02 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

My father-in-law put a 2x4 on top of his garage door and wedged it into the ceiling.  This way nobody can open the door.  

But he didn't tell anybody.  

We snuck over to surprise my mother-in-law and paint her bedroom since the FIL had been "fixing" to do it for 10 years.  

Yep - I go out the garage to take some garbage out and I hit the button and I watch the entire rail bend in half towards the roof of his car. 

Fudge - it took me a few seconds to figure this out.   Next day I'm hanging a new opener.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
1/9/23 8:03 p.m.

A rope. 

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/10/23 9:57 a.m.

Liftmatster 8500W and have been happy with the app (no one has hacked it yet laugh) and the battery backup is great as we use the garage for primary entrance.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/12/23 12:01 a.m.

I recently installed Toyman's Genie. recommendation.  It was a pain because the original control unit was defective.  A replacement was finally sent and has worked fine.   We still haven't set up the Home Link because a car sits inside the garage and I can't get to the proper button on it to program it without playing musical cars.   It definitely is quiet because I can't hear the door opening when the wife is coming in.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mqm5GB3PziH6FH9y4RL9bWAQgSaGxPfg9FYjqlIj8Q8PXEUpp5mgzFyDwjFd7kra