slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/3/22 7:35 p.m.

What is this Tire Bead helper tool called?  It seems that I could use one, but I don't know what it is called to look for one.

It's a video so if you click the picture it should play.

277485162_317366033821614_7423303826283826181_n by Hyperpack, on Flickr

bekzclz11
bekzclz11 New Reader
4/6/22 3:47 p.m.

A tire changer located at a tire specialty store. The above tire changer is the Rim Clamp 5060AX manufactured by COATS. A tire changer is a machine used to help tire technicians dismount and mount tires with automobile wheels.

krnt.run

indigocard.ltd

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/6/22 4:03 p.m.

I think you are looking at the bead blaster?

oh sorry I just realized that was a video. I can't view it for some reason on my phone it comes up as a black square. Maybe it's a bead blaster though. Haha!

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/7/22 8:55 a.m.

No , it's not a bead blaster,  I have one of those.... and no, not the tire machine, I know what those are.

I have a rim clamp machine - I was referring to the specialty tool the technician uses in the video Along with the rim clamp machine.

Here is a youtube video of it if that helps.

I guess I should have been more specific.  The operator puts a tool through the center hub hole on the wheel; and then uses the attached / wired in blocks to help "tame" the bead - keeping the tire's bead closer to the drop center of the wheel during the mounting process.

That is the tool I am specifically referring to here... What is that tool called?

Thanks.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/7/22 11:43 a.m.

In reply to slantsix :

Can't seem to find that exact tool or had ever seen one prior to today. Had always just set my weight on the tire and went for a ride when the need came up. I'm not a mechanic just worked front counter in service for a while and played in the shop sometime. Best name I found in some searching is a bead assist, bead holder, bead keeper. Found these on Amazon but it's just a two pack, which seems like it may be enough for most tires.
https://www.amazon.com/Sutekus-Tire-Changer-Clamp-Center/dp/B07MFNJJVK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tire+bead+holder&qid=1649345819&sr=8-1

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/7/22 11:54 a.m.

In reply to slantsix :

That almost looks homemade. 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/7/22 12:38 p.m.

In reply to dan0 (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks dano,

I already have those.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/7/22 12:39 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Maybe - if it is, then I need to make one.

Still wanting to know if any one else can confirm or deny the existence / availability of said device.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/22 2:21 p.m.

Hunter calls it a bead depressor tail.

HUNRP6G10A67, Traction Bar with Extension and 28" Bead Depressor Tail -  Mopar Essential Tools and Service Equipment

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/22 2:29 p.m.

Looks like it's also called a Chain Bead Press. https://www.twinbusch.com/product_info.php?products_id=58

Chain bead press - TW X-Kette - Specialty tool

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/7/22 2:41 p.m.

Whoo hoo!

Tonyman! You 'da man.

Thank you sir!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4rBJyJ9q1xyeZXL7omE7baJ8z5rGUv3z5viIQUKZy6FEAOHO40CGZIZI0eBO2qvH