Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/5/22 5:57 p.m.

I found an older article while looking for this, but it doesn't seem like it's been mentioned recently.

With regard to the included reference to buying reconditioned better-than-consumer-grade fire extinguishers, seems like the local fire safety pros mostly advertise service, not sales. I see I can get, as an example, Amerex (which would seem to be "real" stuff) even off the big online hub what's named for a distant river, and can presumably get them checked out/serviced locally in future.

But even at said discount retailer, the "starting at $50" for a CO2 extinguisher seems like a distant dream, even with a generous helping of accounting for inflation (looks like about $200 for a 5lb CO2 unit). I like the idea of having a full complement of extinguishers and having the option to start with CO2 to avoid a mess and have ABC chemical to make sure I'm not left wishing for more...

Any idea where to look for reconditioned fire extinguisher sales? Online sources?

Spearfishin
Spearfishin New Reader
12/7/22 1:47 p.m.

I work in commercial/industrial construction and there are a number of vendors who supply the extinguishers for finished buildings as well as the ones we use during construction. You're correct about the service/inspection guys being more about that than sales, but I'd be surprised if you can't find someone locally who will sell them to you. Grainger is the easy answer, but $$$. 

Try this: https://www.theextinguisherpro.com/search-by-state.html

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/2/23 4:51 p.m.

I just got a bigger shop so I called a local Fire Extinguisher company.  After a few questions and confirming that it was not a "Business" he ended up suggesting that I go to Lowes and buy 3 of these for my 40' x 50' steel building.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2BPfwbHdaBuTjVwPDoUJIyvlPXmv8lm1KmDHFqXQezFUIzg64quXZaF3ZNAeaKnG