jburnash
jburnash New Reader
3/27/21 12:09 a.m.

So - real (LeMons) racing is out for me again this year fora variety of reasons - not finding a team to drive for in the northeast for one ...

So my buddy and I fired up old Xbox 360s we had bought or were lying around and signed up with Xbox Live.

He modified and tuned a couple of cars, and we're having a blast online - but it's lonely out there and we're tiring of racing against the AI cars, which are insanely aggressive with the difficulty turned all the way up!

If anybody here is similarly cheap and crazy and wants to join us old school, leave a comment here we'll figure it out.

Thanks!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/21 1:56 p.m.

I don't have an x box.  Is it cross platform comparable with PC?  

jburnash
jburnash New Reader
3/28/21 9:32 a.m.

In reply to dean1484

It does appear to be available for a PC - not sure if that version can go online.

I'll download a copy and see :-)

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
3/28/21 9:41 a.m.
jburnash said:

In reply to dean1484

It does appear to be available for a PC - not sure if that version can go online.

You're probably talking about Forza Horizon 4, the open-world arcade game.  This thread is about Forza Motorsport 4, the sim-lite.

jburnash
jburnash New Reader
4/1/21 2:50 p.m.
red_stapler said:
jburnash said:

In reply to dean1484

You're probably talking about Forza Horizon 4, the open-world arcade game.  This thread is about Forza Motorsport 4, the sim-lite.

I found a couple of links to what purported to be PC versions - but they weren't from any site I recognize, so I was going to try download them to my "sandbox" Windows 10 PC and see if they were legit.

This was the most reputable looking link: https://forza-motorsport-4.en.softonic.com/

iborg
iborg New Reader
4/4/21 8:39 p.m.

I have a xBox 360 as my only gaming system. I have a state of the art rig for the 360 consisting of a Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals mounted on an Open Wheeler seat. I've got a butt kicker waiting to be installed. I've not joined Xbox Live. I'm currently in career mode racing against the lower class cars. 

Its a fun diversion. On some tracks, its very one sided even with the AI turned all the way up and other tracks, I don't have a chance for much better than 6th. I do wish this Sim had more cars with actual race car livery. 

I've tried to tune the upper level cars but really need a good guide. 

Curious what cars and tracks you're running. I know Macs very well and can navigate reasonably well. Are there upgrades available for Forza 4......not Horizon, which is just a bit too sim for me.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
4/5/21 9:37 a.m.

By the gods I miss FM4. It was the best of the series feature-wise. Unfortunately not back compatible with the X-Bone.

jburnash
jburnash New Reader
5/10/21 7:58 a.m.

In reply to iborg :

Ugh - sorry this has taken so long - more time racing and on my tablet than on my computer.

Cars we are running:

Ford Ka (tuned pretty highly - fun and pretty fast)

67 Corvette - a monster, way too much power - tuned mostly through suspension and brakes - still a handful

1998 Subura STI - Tuned to keep it in class B - 499 - a VERY fun car to drive on the twisty tracks

Tracks: Infineon Raceway (near where I used to live - it was then known as Sears Point), Maple Valley Raceway, Silverstone, Indianapolis, Laguna Seca

I've actually driven Laguna Seca in a early Boxster S for the finale of the Bondurant High Performance Driving school - a gift from my son for a birthday quite a while back :D

It would be awesome to get others on their - old game systems and all.

Thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kLyezV18tSiPAVXzkEAkcZHbemXBtYAsGHUlBBtUEuKJRhKy9BtCFyCBGfhDZPJ2