1 2 3 4 ... 46
N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
10/11/11 5:26 p.m.

Playing online now. Tom has added me to the club already, hope that answers your question, Supra. Very cool so far. I'll be playing all evening and am off work tomorrow for a job interview (Commissioner review board), so I'll be here if anyone wants a little multiplayer action.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
10/11/11 6:45 p.m.
Salanis wrote: SWMBO has outlawed the sound of racing games in the apartment.

I had a similar problem, seeing as how SWMBO didn't like waking up to the sounds of racing or combat at o'dark thirty on the weekends.

Buy a set of Turtle Beach X12 headphones. They'll set you back 60 bucks, but they're more than worth it. I find myself using them more and more just to feel more immersed in the game.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
10/11/11 7:22 p.m.

I picked it up today, and played a bit before work.

My XBL tag is Richard Kopf. Add me! (previously Glenn H II)

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
10/12/11 12:34 a.m.

Picked it up played some. I wish I could port over my vinyl groups from 3. Give me a couple days, maybe Friday, and I'll have a GRM bumper sticker back up on my storefront. I'll be on more just not much for a couple weeks. Request sent to join Team GRM. I should be on for a bit tomorrow night starting between 8 and 9. Now it is way to late and I've got an early 12 hour day ahead of me tomorrow. Like have to be at work in 6 hours. G'night all.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/12/11 1:18 a.m.

picked it up in the afternoon... didn't get the LCE because I didn't pre order early enough like I knew I should have haha... anyway spent a little time playing... ran into the size limit of my 4gig hdd... don't have much saved on the HDD... I removed everything but game save info and I still don't have enough room to save the entire 2nd disc to my drive doh lol... will go pick up a 250 gig on amazon for $38 soon I guess lol

not sure about it still... the game play and look is better then 3 but I think I liked the season method in 3 better... but won't stop me from playing for many many many hrs...

on a side not... it seems I get much better bang for my buck in racing games vs just about everything else... I also dig shooters (MOH/COD/halo) the last COD i picked up I beat in 3 or 4 days and didn't spend THAT much time on it... sure the online stuff is awesome... but the actual game play portion was just to short... :(

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/12/11 1:23 a.m.

I've already ported over all my vinyl groups from 3, so I should have my Grassroots sticker up on my storefront tomorrow, along with some of my other decals.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
10/12/11 3:52 a.m.

Played for a couple hours now. I like it. Its a small thing, but I really like how you can choose your bonus car. Im up and going online, so I'll be looking for the GRM club.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
10/12/11 5:50 a.m.

I wish that you could change your name in the career mode. I get annoyed that all my opponents are like "M. Rossi" but I still have to have my gamertag.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
10/12/11 8:10 a.m.
racerfink wrote: I've already ported over all my vinyl groups from 3, so I should have my Grassroots sticker up on my storefront tomorrow, along with some of my other decals.

You can do that?! Awesome!! I have a great carbon fiber group and a lot of the Gulf livery items to put on a GT40. Thank Gawd I don't have to make them all again. Do you just go to Vinyl groups and import or what?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/12/11 8:24 a.m.

I think I did it from the paint section, but I noticed this morning as I was loading my stuff up on my storefront, you can do it from there as well.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
10/12/11 9:38 a.m.

Awesome.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/11 10:41 a.m.

Mine should be at the door when I get home. Then I just have to figure out how to get it away from my 8 year old.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
10/12/11 10:55 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: Mine should be at the door when I get home. Then I just have to figure out how to get it away from my 8 year old.

Candy?

Lies?

Puppies?

Make it happen.

failboat
failboat HalfDork
10/12/11 11:37 a.m.

i think i have to go steal my brothers xbox from my parents house this evening. he is away at college.

also i see that you can put vinyls on the headlights. kind of cool, i can think of some possibilities. also removing bumpers on some of the cars is way awesome.

gratuitous hotlink

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/12/11 12:22 p.m.

Love the Mr. Yuck headlights.

Does anyone who has this also have kinect?

I'm really curious how well the head-tracking works, and they were showing NO demos of it prior to launch.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/12/11 12:31 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Love the Mr. Yuck headlights. Does anyone who has this also have kinect? I'm *really* curious how well the head-tracking works, and they were showing NO demos of it prior to launch.

We've had mixed results on our setup, but I've talked with a few folks online that really really like it. I've got an old-school Xbox that won't accept the kinnect sensor, so I can't really say.

I will say that last night had some great races. There were 5 or 6 of us in 50-60s era european sports cars (Miura, Ferrari Daytona, Jag D-type and the like) that will make for an excellent replay sometime.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe HalfDork
10/12/11 1:04 p.m.

Does anybody know if the multi display still works. And if they have a two screen setup instead of the three that they had in the past.

I have a set of 42' Plasma's that fell off a truck and have cracked cases and two 360's.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/12/11 1:25 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Does anybody know if the multi display still works. And if they have a two screen setup instead of the three that they had in the past. I have a set of 42' Plasma's that fell off a truck and have cracked cases and two 360's.

Can I come play Xbox at your house? I'll bring sodas and doritos.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
10/12/11 2:08 p.m.

For those who haven't purchased it yet:

If you buy it at Kmart this week and use your rewards card (free to sign up for, NOT a credit card), you get a $20 off your next gaming purchase coupon (hello Skyrim).

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/11 2:14 p.m.

I've played exactly 15 minutes of it, and it was the best 15 minutes of my gaming life!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/12/11 2:19 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Multi display still works. (Or so I'm told.)

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
10/12/11 2:22 p.m.

I am having a lot of fun fiddling around with my Nissan Leaf. I put it up for sharing in the club if anyone wants to experience weird awesomeness.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
10/12/11 4:18 p.m.

When my copy of the game arrives I will take you up on that offer sir. Is it silent aside from tires howling?

Hoop wrote: I am having a lot of fun fiddling around with my Nissan Leaf. I put it up for sharing in the club if anyone wants to experience weird awesomeness.
Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
10/12/11 4:51 p.m.

Just requested to join the club. Cole_Trickle83. This game is getting better and better.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
10/12/11 4:52 p.m.
failboat wrote: i think i have to go steal my brothers xbox from my parents house this evening. he is away at college. also i see that you can put vinyls on the headlights. kind of cool, i can think of some possibilities. also removing bumpers on some of the cars is way awesome. gratuitous hotlink

THAT.

IS.

AWESOME!!!

1 2 3 4 ... 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dOPfwwXoXONoT8Kd2ERFMnBvr6TGz2TZsHmSuD65Ys6KFTkZRUqDihURuDzfJDvR