TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
9/5/12 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Geekspeed:

Yes was absolutely epic racing.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
9/8/12 10:53 a.m.

I have actually been able to get the Vandura somewhat competitive in C class. I put it in the club garage, should anyone be truly bored.

failboat
failboat Dork
9/10/12 6:30 a.m.

I picked up your Vandura livery yesterday, its pretty clean. If anyone is interested I got a really nice Vandura livery yesterday from "BIGspuke" I sift through all the A-teams, Mystery Machines, etc.. every couple days looking for the good ones.

This one is coming along..

failboat
failboat Dork
9/11/12 8:04 a.m.
Hoop wrote: I have actually been able to get the Vandura somewhat competitive in C class. I put it in the club garage, should anyone be truly bored.

Any chance you can put the tune on your storefront? I went looking for it last night and didnt find anything. I am trying to build my GMC Affinity now that I have built something like 8 vans with storefront paintjobs. I would rather them not cost me 80k each time I build one.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
9/15/12 10:31 a.m.
failboat wrote:
Hoop wrote: I have actually been able to get the Vandura somewhat competitive in C class. I put it in the club garage, should anyone be truly bored.
Any chance you can put the tune on your storefront? I went looking for it last night and didnt find anything. I am trying to build my GMC Affinity now that I have built something like 8 vans with storefront paintjobs. I would rather them not cost me 80k each time I build one.

Yeah, I can. Did you try the van I put in the club garage?

failboat
failboat Dork
9/17/12 6:47 a.m.

I havent yet. Sometimes the garage doesnt want to load for me with so many cars in it. I will try again and check back on your storefront.

failboat
failboat Dork
9/18/12 8:47 p.m.

Ill just leave these here

I am almost done with this thing:

I also really like this paint, its on KoolIROCZ1967's storefront along with another custom GMC paint

some other awesome GMC liveries can be found on these guy's storefronts : STANG500 - Corvette Summer "Vanessa" replica, BIGspuke - has a couple GMC's, SilencedMykham - Vantasy

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
10/2/12 5:26 p.m.

I was bored while on-call

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/22/12 8:15 p.m.

Got into another series..."Players Challenge" '87 Trans Am and '90 Iroc's only. basicly showroom stock series based in Canada '87 to '90.

Original photo is the 13th one down.

Players Challenge

I took a few liberties with my paint job LOL!

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/26/12 2:56 p.m.

Did up a Grey Ghost. No Tempest so a GTO will have to do

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
11/26/12 4:47 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: Got into another series..."Players Challenge" '87 Trans Am and '90 Iroc's only. basicly showroom stock series based in Canada '87 to '90. Original photo is the 13th one down. Players Challenge I took a few liberties with my paint job LOL!

After we played the Player's cars the other night, I went to take a look at my Corner Worker hat. I remembered the series, and seemed to recall trading hat pins with a Canadian worker at the Runoffs one year. Sure enough, I've got a pin from that series! It looks like the GM logo on the left side of this pic.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
12/3/12 9:19 p.m.

The Stance-Tards Kinda got on my nerves this weekend....

It's in my storefront

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/23/13 12:23 a.m.

So.....anybody interested in another series?

Oh, say spec GTI in F or E? Ferrari Challenge? Porsche Cup in C, B or A? Vintage Trans Am in C & A? Football season is almost over ya know..... Time to warm up those thumbs and forefingers

friedgreencorrado
1/25/13 7:12 p.m.

Proposal: Cheap & easy interim series.

Or at least an unreasonable copy!

Build: VW 1984 GTI. Racing brakes. Sport springs & dampers. Street tire compound. And that's it. F192. Tuning on, but limited to tire pressure and brake bias/pressure (yeah, they feel like they have the wheelbase of a kart). I played around a little tonight, I'm currently at a 1:55:884 on Road Atlanta. Car built to basic spec is in the Club garage as a "body in white".

Damage on. ABS/TCS/STM off. You pick your own view/steering/transmission (trying to split the difference between "sim" and "game" here..).

All races a minimum of 25mi., rounded up. That is..if 9 laps of a track is 24.999 miles, we do 10 laps.

No qualifying for a race this short, plan at the moment is a 6-8 min warmup session, and a standing start from random grid positions. Of course, if participants would like to change the warmup to a qualifier, I could be talked into it.

Points are 'old school' F1 finishing order, 9-6-4-3-2-1. No extras for fastest lap or livery or whatever (although cool liveries are always an inspiration!).

Play with the thing this weekend, lemme know what you think. Don't know how often I'll be on, since SWMBO is off this weekend (and just brought home a shiny refurbished Wii). OTOH, she brought me a new headset as well! Sometimes I think she's bribing me for gaming stuff like I bribe her for car stuff!

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
1/25/13 7:29 p.m.

I would be up for that, especially now that I've essentially finished Forza horizon.

friedgreencorrado
1/27/13 6:05 p.m.

I have to admit..between watching Daytona this weekend and SWMBO being home, I haven't really done any more research/practice/whatever. Off the cuff, I think it should be a short series (4wks at the most), and the kind of thing we do between the "serious" stuff.

Another thing I was thinking about..having no traction assists on the car but allowing personal choice in view, steering, and transmission gets folks who want to stop using assists to get familiar with how non-robo cars behave. But allowing free choice in view, steering and transmission means they don't have to walk off the cliff in a single step.

Or am I just taking the whole thing too berkeleying seriously?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/27/13 7:38 p.m.

Have you gotten a flippin mic yet. .......

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/27/13 7:58 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Have you gotten a flippin mic yet. .......

Yep, he got one!

Then mine took a berklying dump, on the last lap of a race at Camino Extream. Screaming static flooded the whole lobby until I was able to yank the batteries out.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/27/13 8:07 p.m.

As for a GTI Spec series. I can't commit to running the show, heck, I don't even know when/if I can log on for a public lobby (no pause button!) and even then it's usually late at night. I was just throwing the idea out.

Now if we just want to run an informal thing and whomever shows up, shows up. I'm up for that.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
2/16/13 12:53 p.m.

Bunch of us were in Corrado's "Little Brit cars" (F class) lobby last night. What a hoot!!!!

Cortina's, MG's, Triumphs and Healy's all snorting about in proper fashion.

Good stuff

friedgreencorrado
2/16/13 1:21 p.m.

In reply to RoadRaceDart :

That was a lot of fun. I really didn't think it would be that popular, seems like more people fool around with those cars than I thought!

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
2/16/13 1:27 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: In reply to RoadRaceDart : That *was* a lot of fun. I really didn't think it would be that popular, seems like more people fool around with those cars than I thought!

Now...go build your 'Tina!!!

I'll be on again tonight, been tuning mine

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
3/11/13 5:34 p.m.

friedgreencorrado
3/11/13 6:22 p.m.

In reply to RoadRaceDart :

Which one is that? I thought all the aircooled 911s in the game had rear wings/spoilers.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
3/11/13 6:52 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Tony Adamowicz Trans Am '68 911

http://www.a2zracer.com/page12.html

The car in the game is a '73 and is over 2 litre...so certain liberties were taken LOL!

You can take the spoilers off in the aero mods section

1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SgnAwAkLtuS27kYRqCOKkO74PizArNUHPVT6fL7P2GplgkZh0MxAAAI6EhF8dFmK