yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/28/15 1:18 p.m.

Looks like forza/gt except with bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZY0v8bB7Yo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
1/28/15 1:21 p.m.

Looks interesting- but has any motorcycle game ever "felt" right? Half the appeal of forza/gt is that they get oversteer/understeer right and it feels kind of like you're driving an actual car. I'm not sure it's possible to do the same for bikes through a controller.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/28/15 1:24 p.m.

Never seen it but have a PS4 here so... would buy.

It's going to have to go a long way to be more entertaining than Road Rash though.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/28/15 1:28 p.m.

But can you play squid launcher?

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/28/15 1:59 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

probably, they have suzuki in the game after all.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
1/28/15 3:28 p.m.

Tourist Trophy (Polyphony developed, same team behind Gran Turismo) was a "realistic" bike game... This looks in that same vein (and damnit Polyphony, we need TT2!)

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/28/15 4:04 p.m.

I still break out the PS2 occasionally just to play Tourist Trophy .

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/30/15 12:10 p.m.

I have tourist trophy for the ps2 as well, great game. But if Polyphony were to announce a TT2, it'll end up coming out 3 years after the scheduled release date. I won't even go into detail how I had GT4 for about 3mo prior to everyone else.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
2/23/15 11:40 a.m.

On a strange note, I dug Tourist Trophy and my trusty ps2 out last night only to discover the memory card wasn't in the case. So, I started from scratch and already have at least half the bikes and have already won a quarter of the races.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/20/15 12:44 p.m.

I have played Ride......and holy berkeleyballs is it fun. Once you turn all the frat boy modes off(autobrake, automatic, tcs, abs, antiwheelie, and they stay off mercifully) Graphics aren't quite up to what I expected from xbox one, but are decent enough considering the physics engine is epic. The amount of customization is incredible, and things get really rowdy once you get up to the bigger bikes(drifting out of corners, random power wheelies, holy crap I used to much brake, etc)

For all you peasants not wishing to order from the UK, you'll have until sometime in June to think about getting it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
4/22/15 11:41 a.m.

So how does the game "feel"? Bike equivalent of Forza, or GTA V with better graphics?

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/22/15 1:38 p.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

It felt like a worthy successor to Tourist Trophy....physics wise, it is about life like. There is a demo out in the UK storefront if you change your location settings to the UK. Still no word other than late june release for the US.

And for your comparison, it is much closer to Forza than GTA. While you can stoppie well, wheelies are filled with danger.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
4/22/15 2:11 p.m.

I never thought to try changing regions, downloading the demo now.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/23/15 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

I don't know if you can play the demo after switching back to the US region, but switching is easy peasy on the xbone.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
4/23/15 10:49 p.m.

Turns out you can!

Is the demo an accurate representation of the final release? I really hope they tweak it a lot more before the US launch.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/24/15 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

Couldn't tell you, I never had the demo. It takes a bit to get everything adjusted nanny wise. Like turning off TCS, Wheelie Control, AutoBrake, etc.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9M7jgBCqPwrfcX9fX1kqIMJFDJAVuuffH5Qw0ggfrn1gkoFC7TUhc5F4u00ijtS8