WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/8/16 11:27 a.m.

Just wondering as I just downloaded it, it's still a playable Beta on Xbox currently and not a fully finished game, but with the large numbers of my friends playing it make it sound decent.

WOW Really Paul?
2/15/16 2:42 p.m.

Wow, guess not......I must admit, after getting started and established on several private & public servers(a complete pain in the dick), this game is fantastic. You could just run around and capture/kill animals, or you can go full blown minecraft and build massive compounds. I still prefer Player vs. Enviroment however.

WOW Really Paul?
3/3/16 12:51 p.m.

Dead Brontosaurus evidently like to cuddle with buildings.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/7/16 8:36 a.m.

I bought it in september, as an early release, but the controller mapping was crap and it wasn't optimized even on my gaming rig. I should get back onto it again, fun as hell.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/7/16 8:56 a.m.

I have a bad taste in my mouth from other Early Access stuff. Will not buy/play until it becomes a real game.

WOW Really Paul?
3/7/16 12:21 p.m.

Only issue I've noticed thus far is server connectivity.....other than that, it's decent and stable on the console. It is fun as ever living hell though. Thus far I've done titanboa pens to harvest their eggs, large stone open top compounds to drop things such as raptors & carnotaurus in with my quetzal to tame them at my discretion, buildings specialized for mating specific dinos, and perhaps my best achievement, monstrous multilevel pens for flying animals. A lot of the stuff requires an all around team effort to drop things, mainly being the high level T-Rex & Spinosaur, a Gigantosaurus(most powerful land based dino in game), Gigantopithecus(Sasquatch), Mosasaurus(most powerful ocean based dino), and most Quetzalcotus(huge avian that doesn't land if wild)

The game itself should come out as a finished product in June if they remain on schedule.

WOW Really Paul?
3/8/16 2:59 a.m.

I did most of the work tonight dropping two Gigantosaurus.....1200narcotic, 34 tranq darts, 2 crossbows, 5 bows, and about 550 tranq arrows used and I didn't get to keep either. Motherberkeleyers are in debt to me up to their eyeballs, and my compensation demand is 16 air conditioners.

Otherwise the indebted parties will be dragged out of their houses, cuffed, caged, and I'll pay someone 5000 metal ingots to force feed them food so they never die.....yea, this game can be quite amusing.

WOW Really Paul?
5/27/16 4:07 p.m.

Bump....anyone else? If you're on Xbox I can hook you up on a private dedicated server. We're a great group of people on there

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
5/27/16 4:26 p.m.

I might try this. It looks like a lot of fun, but is there much to do if no one else is online?

WOW Really Paul?
5/28/16 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin:

If you play the public PVP servers.....that's when you raid people's E36 M3 relentlessly. The public servers are much more tedious versions of gameplay though.

A friend of mine usually sets up his private server that runs 24/7 most of the time though and it is a bit more fun since it is less of a grind. You can do damn near what ever you want in his server, plus if it isn't up you can also set up your own non-dedicated "single-4 player" game.

WOW Really Paul?
8/31/16 2:14 p.m.

If anyone is interested in an addictive game for reasonable money, ARK will be available this week for $21 still in early access.

I'll even let you come join us in a private dedicated server that is far more fun to play in. You'll get 3 dinos of choice and building materials for joining.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/31/16 2:17 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

It's going on sale this week? I hate double buying games,and but after watching my friends soon play on xbox, looks like controller mapping is up to snuff now. I'll have to pick it up.

Revrico420 is my gamer tag, don't think I saw yours on the list to add you.

WOW Really Paul?
9/1/16 8:12 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

mtx95sho

Also, here in an update or two you'll be able to cross platform transfer through the pillars.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/1/16 12:37 p.m.

Bought it last night. Wow, it's taking more time than I thought to get used to the controls again. I'll be messing around on a solo server until I get used to everything again that's for sure.

WOW Really Paul?
9/6/16 2:32 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

We use Playjurrasicark for the admin commands/spawning of things. It makes it a bit easier to get used to. You also don't need to buy scorched earth to have the stuff from scorched earth. Those with it can give it to you IIRC.

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
6/29/18 12:59 p.m.

Bumping up, i just got this for PC during the steam sale.  Awesome fun, wasted most of the previous two evenings playing it, and died 30+ times.  It was described to me as "Minecraft but with dinosaurs", and I'd say thats pretty spot on.  

Anyone still playing, or interested in setting up a private GRM/family server to avoid the scourge of public griefers? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8KJCR9TqBVg52X9Q0v1zj8BlNq14jvAXc9UWCodIYN2TZeSswhTpBcgU8VGMaDjq