1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/21 2:47 p.m.

I just remembered that in the last race someone was asking about a cheap handbrake setup, here's a later revision of the one I'm using which is sold under a number of different brand names that were probably made up on the spot, but it's most often referred to as the "banggood handbrake" after the company that first sold it:

https://www.amazon.com/PC-Handbrake-FANATECOSW-Mac-Linux-Unix/dp/B08VHN8GSV/

Another one with a desk clamp, it seems they don't all include the clamp:

https://www.amazon.com/handbrake-Suitable-Logitech-Simulation-Performance/dp/B08PQDD6W3/

I would recommend applying grease to the hinge points and the shaft with the spring around it.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/2/21 3:16 p.m.

Hmm, now to figure out how to mount that to a playseat challenge

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/21 3:46 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
aircooled said:
ProDarwin said:

FWIW I hopped on to try some more Suzuka last night.  The "new" version of it is awful. ...

Interesting.  I was not seeing that (maybe my settings).  Does it do it offline also?  If not, it might be a good test track for Deans new server.

Yeah, it does it offline too.  Frame rate is solid at the 144cap for most of the track, but the back straight will drop it into the 90s.  I think there is just a lot of extra polycount there, perhaps too much. 

I cap my setup at 60 as I am playing on a 1080p tv. This may be why I have not seen any of this. 

dean1484
8/4/21 12:34 a.m.

Well tonight should be fun!!!  We got a interesting group up on the server.  

dean1484
8/5/21 5:29 p.m.

Give me some ideas for a car set to go look at or give me a car and I can go see about finding other cars to run with it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/5/21 6:01 p.m.

Look at these:  https://thracing.de/ac-legends-gt-classics-by-bazza/

Or these: https://thracing.de/drm-revival-mod/

Or maybe these:  https://thracing.de/pre-war-cars/

(yes, that sight has some rather nice mod sets)

I suspect all of the above are a bit beyond beginner level, but I think we can handle it....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/8/21 11:55 a.m.
dean1484
8/8/21 3:09 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Very Nice!!!

dean1484
8/8/21 3:11 p.m.

I forgot about that crash.  It was like all of a sudden there was a car in front of me going really slow.  LOL

dean1484
8/8/21 10:13 p.m.

Air. Check  this vid. I think swapping things around in cars may be very do able. The only thing I did not get was his comment about the sound file at the end. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
8/9/21 10:21 a.m.

My oldest has been doing quite a bit of modding, swapping tire models, sounds and the like.  He will find a car he likes, drive it and if its not right then he goes and starts messing with stuff.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/9/21 12:52 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Air. Check  this vid. I think swapping things around in cars may be very do able. The only thing I did not get was his comment about the sound file at the end. 

That is pretty much how I would do it.  I was not aware of the dynamic update of the showroom preview though, that makes adjustments a lot easier.  Not sure what the deal with the sound swap is, but it is very easy to do in CM.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/9/21 1:59 p.m.

I ran across this, for those with the super video cards:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/9/21 2:05 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwaIsSlxZI

You can tell his computer can't keep up with the rendering.  This must be well below 24fps, super easy to see the stutter.  Its a shame it can't just batch process the frames instead of doing it real-time.  Then you could crank the settings to 11 and still render a perfect 60 or 144fps

dean1484
8/9/21 9:58 p.m.
aircooled said:
dean1484 said:

That is pretty much how I would do it.  I was not aware of the dynamic update of the showroom preview though, that makes adjustments a lot easier.  Not sure what the deal with the sound swap is, but it is very easy to do in CM.

If you want a challenge. I want the Audi put into the Ferrari.   Just keep the Ferrari sound. 

Both are up on the server at the moment.

dean1484
8/9/21 10:03 p.m.

It looks like if we found two or three base cars that were similar in performance. You could then use the underpinnings of those cars to modify other cars and you could end up with a very balanced field of cars that would sound and look different but all be competitive. 

I could see it being used to make some really cool race packs. 

The reason I say you would want multiple base cars is that I think you would want to keep the doner cars driveline the same as the car you are putting it under. It would be weird to have a c7 that handled like a 911. But a Austin and a C7 would work physics wise. Does that make sense?

dean1484
8/11/21 12:23 a.m.

The Formula COVID is on the content drive.  It is good fun. Tried it after TDT tonight. 

Think F1 does TP and pasta. 

It is actually a very good driving car. 

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 New Reader
8/11/21 10:59 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I have a pretty decent graphics card and I would love to know how to get the game to look better.  I have the custom shaders pack right now, but the game doesn't look anywhere near that good.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/11/21 11:07 a.m.

I wonder which tires are better, Charmin Ultra or Kirkland Signature?

dean1484
8/11/21 11:46 a.m.

Quilted?   How many plys do you want?  laugh

dean1484
8/11/21 11:49 a.m.

Oh did anyone put up the bathtub car?  

dean1484
8/12/21 1:49 p.m.

So I am thinking that the best quote of the evening was something along the lines of;  "I hit your TP with my pasta"

dean1484
8/13/21 7:20 a.m.

Good news; last night time was spent figuring out the 488.  Sauce is 3seconds faster than me at spa at the moment in its stock firm. Someone else did some tuning and greatly helped the feel of the car as well. Over all a big improvement. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/15/21 7:33 p.m.

Some action from the last races.  The first part is a clip of the drift race we had.  Apparently Sauce does not respect the drift....

... then there are the tubs.  Yes, that does go through the ground and yes, Dean has horrible throttle control!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/16/21 8:48 p.m.
cmcmillin31 said:

In reply to aircooled :

I have a pretty decent graphics card and I would love to know how to get the game to look better.  I have the custom shaders pack right now, but the game doesn't look anywhere near that good.

Here are the various settings I got out of my GeForce Experience app.  They are all 1080p, but you can adjust to 4K if you like (I use 4K for pics).  In order from lower to higher, note shown frame rates.

The Reflection section apparently has a heavy affect on frame rate.  The Post Processing setting can be messed with a lot.  Not sure why it likes the Oculas Rift setting, but that is what it suggests (for my card at least).   It should give you a good starting point.

1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53
Our Preferred Partners
rFoUNa4xN5cF8EFGR81hH3312g8vIX1OLIMCh24EQERTGcAgitcluPjb90EBxiDy