1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/12/23 9:22 p.m.

Some pics from last night, so you can see what you missed if you didn't have the snow:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/23 11:43 p.m.

Some re testing tonight of 911s and Pros tire mod seems to work very well.  There is a file of the car on the google drive at the moment. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/14/23 3:33 p.m.

OK, feedback needed. 

Here are some, less artsy treatments for Race Round Posters.   Any preferences?

As captured:

A filter, kind of a colored pencil look:

Just a boatload of saturation:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/14/23 3:41 p.m.

We also need a different logo.  The current one is just a Premiere preset and will not work as well with a t-shirt.  I think you can see where I am going with this one.  Any feedback is appreciated.  It doesn't actually say Assetto Corsa, maybe a version with "Assetto Corsa" across the top?

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/14/23 4:35 p.m.

As captured, and white on black 

dean1484
1/14/23 4:55 p.m.

I am doing server stuff today and Server #1 is down.  Server #2 is up.  It will just show up as GRM Test. Some cars from our past on there for fun.

IF things go to plan this will become the main server box and I can retire my buzz box to normal use.

dean1484
1/14/23 5:56 p.m.

It would be nice if we put GRM in the logo but we would need Tom to chime in about what we can and can not do with that. In short when does it become there logo. Is GRM there logo or is it the whole thing with the checkerboard and Grassroots Motorsports spelled out?  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/14/23 6:10 p.m.

What font is the GRM logo?

dean1484
1/14/23 7:41 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Good question. I bet Air knows. 

dean1484
1/14/23 7:44 p.m.

Air.   Son's comment. Put the color palette of the second one with the crispness of the first one. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/14/23 8:53 p.m.

Personally I'd do something like "Grassroots Simsports" or Assettosports or Virtualsports or ???.  Not official or copyrighted, but you know where it came from.  You could make a variant of the logo that looks similar too.

Unless that would create enemies here.  I dunno.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/14/23 8:57 p.m.

Regarding the poster images, the over saturated and colored pencil seem to be more fitting for old-school races, not something modern like GT3.  That said I have zero idea what modern day racing promo posters look like.

dean1484
1/15/23 9:15 a.m.

Oh I need to look at that folder Air for a t shirt for Colin. Has anyone seen Colin lately?  

dean1484
1/16/23 11:14 a.m.

New server is up (it is server #2 for those that have been around a while)

Still using the old software but at least it is progress!!!

dean1484
1/16/23 11:29 a.m.

People are also going to have to start looking at what car they want to drive.  Ait can chime in with the policy about swapping cars. I think you have up to the start of the third race to change cars.  HC points transfer with the driver.

AMG GT3

NSX

2016 911

BMW z4z4

Huricon

Lexus

Was one of the McLaren deemed an overdog?

McLaren 720s

McLaren 650s

The 488 on the server is untested.  I found it to be a little faster than the previous version. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/16/23 11:41 a.m.

So the Dean Special is not in play?

dean1484
1/16/23 5:03 p.m.

Nope it drives worse and is slower than the 2016 911 and there is very little adjustments that can be made to it.   The trans is the big one.  With the tires that are on it it feels like it is down on HP.  I know that is not possible but it feels that way.  Oh I tested the Aston Martin and that thing is slow.

I have yet to test the Cadillac and the Ginetta.  I will probably get on tonight and do that.

Unforchinitly the Bently is out or I would drive it.  I know you (Pro) are wicked fast with it I am not.  I am faster with 2016 911 than I am in the Bently but the Bently is just so cool and I think has the best engine noises.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/16/23 6:27 p.m.

I don't know if the 720 is an overdog, but the 650 has standard Kunos tires so I'd keep that one in play if anyone wants to brave it

dean1484
1/17/23 11:48 a.m.

I tested some more cars last night.

The Ginetta has "special" tires and is set up tuning-wise like 2019 911.  But even with this, it is still slow so I would say it is a no-go.

The Cadillac on the other hand is a good car.  I was running constant 34's with a one-off in the 33's at RBR last night.  I am sure there is more in it.  I think it is the driver lacking talent that is the problem.

I also tested the HC weight and I found that adding 40 kg to a car dropped my lap times an average of 1 second +/- a lap.  As such this will be the HC step used for this series.  This I hope will mean a fast equalization of the cars.

dean1484
1/17/23 11:52 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

For now, I will leave both as options. With the HC I don't think it will matter much.  I want to test the Bentley tonight to see how the HC affects it.  If it brings it into line fast with the HC, I may also consider putting that back in.  The Bentley is fast in a straight line but its cornering has limitations and with 80 or 120KG I bet it will be neutered very quickly.

BradLTL
1/17/23 8:28 p.m.

So.... What's the plan for tomorrow? 

dean1484
1/18/23 12:56 a.m.

I was thinking of running a regular race at one of the tracks on the list. Just not making it a points race for the season. Let people test and finalize their car selection. 

This is because I have not heard back from Tom. I sent him an email over the weekend but I think he was away driving his Z car.  And Air is most likely out this week. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/18/23 10:46 a.m.

Yeah, I am likely out this week.

I think we also need one more (appropriate) track.  We also should probably at least do some basic testing of the tracks listed to make sure they are not as bumpy as Fuji.  Finding a non-bumpy Fuji might be a good idea also.

BradLTL
1/18/23 3:24 p.m.

Have we defined the final track list?  (I refuse to go back to page 1 and check)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/18/23 5:39 p.m.

We have 8 tracks now.  We can go with that or add two more, which we don't have to do immediately.

BTW - I might make it tonight, leaving early from scenic Moreno Valley surprise

1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6ni8RS3NHiFbv2jCOXqWiR05eU3eHi2sUeYo8LAkbvuEuKOMtgiMydauYESIJLEx