1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/25/23 10:30 a.m.

Highllights, with some new camera angles in the final shot:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/23 1:09 a.m.

I know we are only halfway through this season but I am starting to think about next season.  I am thinking a single make series that has lots of livery's.   I did a little testing and found a couple cars with potential. One being the RX7 that I was working on to be competitive with the 944 cup car. I would probably want to body swap it with another fc rx7 but other than that it is almost all set to go.  I also found a BMW 125 that was not to bad. It felt a little low on grip but a well balanced car.  

For the next series I would like to keep the cars similar in driving difficulty to the current GT3 cars.  

Both the Rx7 and the BMW were about 10 seconds slower around Red Bull Ring than the GT3 cars are so not Miata slow but definitely slower than the current cars. 

I would like to re visit some of the car packs we raced. I think there was a small bore group that we have not run/tested that we should look at.   

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
2/26/23 7:42 a.m.

The 944 and rx7 again?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/26/23 8:48 a.m.

With a bunch of newbs joining (potentially) why not do a race with a super easy car to drive like a na Miata?

dean1484
2/26/23 9:22 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

With a bunch of newbs joining (potentially) why not do a race with a super easy car to drive like a na Miata?

Because I was hoping to drive something with a bit more speed.  For some reason am a back marker in those cars cars.  But if others are interested in them we race Miata's.   

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
2/26/23 9:39 a.m.

Here is an easy way for participants to vote on stuff https://easypoll.bot/

dean1484
2/26/23 9:40 a.m.
Racebrick said:

The 944 and rx7 again?

No. I was only looking at the RX7 that I detuned trying to make it competitive with the 944. It is a much easier car to drive than the 944.   Again these are just things I test drove the other night I am looking for ideas from everyone that we can test and hopefully have something ready to jump in to when this series is over.  

I will make a "Test Car" folder in the Google  drive where we can put cars that people suggest so others can give them a try.  

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
2/26/23 9:42 a.m.

I'm too new to AC to know what I'm talking about with modding cars, but Miatas with a K swap powerband (220hp) could be a little more fun and still reasonably easy to drive... ?

I still need to find an NA Miata to download so I can replicate mine.  Anyone have a good spec Miata?

dean1484
2/26/23 10:00 a.m.

I had another idea. Kind of a bracket type race where we pick three tracks and set a lap time for each track. You can race any car you want but you can not be faster than the set lap time for any one lap. Kind of road course bracket racing.  I can see all kinds of ways to sand bag this but it would be fun to mess with some time.  

Another thought was to set a fixed fuel amount challenge. Not sure how it would work but hay just me thinking of weird wacky stuff to do. Could be a fun one off thing to mess with. 

dean1484
2/26/23 10:04 a.m.

Oh them there is mandatory pit stops. I can set the fuel usage and tire ware to the point where you would have to stop. Or make tire ware so softs are a gamble but really fast and hards will make it but the net lost time by using them is equal to a pit stop.  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/26/23 10:27 a.m.

I need to start getting some laps on the OLOA tracks if I can find them. We could always race something like this:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/26/23 10:32 a.m.
dean1484 said:

I had another idea. Kind of a bracket type race where we pick three tracks and set a lap time for each track. You can race any car you want but you can not be faster than the set lap time for any one lap. Kind of road course bracket racing.  I can see all kinds of ways to sand bag this but it would be fun to mess with some time.  

Another thought was to set a fixed fuel amount challenge. Not sure how it would work but hay just me thinking of weird wacky stuff to do. Could be a fun one off thing to mess with. 

This sounds silly and all but it is in no way user (or newbie) friendly.

Same with mandatory pit stops and tire wear.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/26/23 10:34 a.m.
Rodan said:

I'm too new to AC to know what I'm talking about with modding cars, but Miatas with a K swap powerband (220hp) could be a little more fun and still reasonably easy to drive... ?

I still need to find an NA Miata to download so I can replicate mine.  Anyone have a good spec Miata?

NA Miata is a Kunos car.

Post up the specs for yours and I'll make it.  Body mods aren't my jam though.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
2/26/23 10:39 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I may already have it then... I jumped into the GRM races right away and haven't even really looked at all the cars that came with AC.   Thanks for the offer, but I need to figure this stuff out, so I'll try to do it myself first.  We'll see how that goes!  cheeky

dean1484
2/26/23 3:20 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
dean1484 said:

This sounds silly and all but it is in no way user (or newbie) friendly.

Same with mandatory pit stops and tire wear.

Oh I agree. Not new person friendly at all. More of a one off thing for a Sunday or something  so we can see just how bad an idea it is. laugh

dean1484
2/26/23 3:54 p.m.

I am up for re visiting Brads Mini.  That was fun. I am not good with it. Maybe open up tuning on it a bit more.  Or not. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
2/26/23 3:57 p.m.

I spent most of the morning downloading.... a bunch of cars, Classic Touring and GT, a few Miatas, and a couple of our local Arizona tracks.  First time other than Laguna that I've been able to drive in a sim on a track I've actually driven.  Pretty cool.

Now I just have to get back to practicing Red Bull Ring... 

dean1484
2/26/23 3:57 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
Rodan said:

NA Miata is a Kunos car.

Post up the specs for yours and I'll make it.  Body mods aren't my jam though.

Allaircooled is the livery expert.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/26/23 6:59 p.m.

One set of cars we have not played with that should be a consideration is the 60's GTC cars:

Here is the car list (some pretty interesting stuff):

I am curious how this

Matches up with this:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/26/23 7:06 p.m.

Also of note is that I have access to some new tracks if we want to extend the GT3 Series two more races, Kuwait Motor Town

and Las Vegas (F1 track), which we have played with a bit (kind of a strange track):

dean1484
2/26/23 10:35 p.m.

Ohhh cool. Put the tracks on the server I would like to mess with them.  

Those cars look cool we should test them as well.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/27/23 11:05 a.m.

The two tracks are up in the Future Series Testing folder.

dean1484
2/27/23 11:38 a.m.

Does anyone want to race their car in a series?  Weren't we looking at an LS-swapped Volvo wagon or something like that?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/27/23 11:53 a.m.

Im all for Rodan's Miata.  Or Sauce's BMW.  Or Gameboy's BRZ/I could duplicate mine as well.  Or an LS Volvo.  Or Brad's Mini again with more fat tires.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/27/23 11:56 a.m.
aircooled said:

Highllights, with some new camera angles in the final shot:

How did you get the angle in the first shot?  Can you do a free camera for videos?  I have only been able to do it for photos.

1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fMDhWJuZ2GAPxjQ6zQxeuSAgb2pah6irZ1jkuArQ7w0OMPQjpShGUJGV0VVUlITj