1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/27/23 12:50 p.m.

Yeah, that is just a free cam moved camera and a screen recording.  The angles in the last shot are from hitting F6, which cycles through a couple of interesting, very close to car shots.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/27/23 1:01 p.m.

OK, another (well similar) very GRM idea:   We can do a NA Miata series, with progression from stock to modified (with some help form Darwin of course).  Potentially we could see if we could tie in Flying Miata and represent some of their products in the car as it is modified (e.g. suspension kits, exhaust intake upgrades) and of course culminating in the below, which I am told can pump out well over 200 hp.  Maybe they might throw in some swag?  We could also potentially transition to the ND at some point, and maybe a Monster Miata (if we can find one or make one, of cours I don't think they offer that anymore). Going from smaller to larger tracks would of course be appropriate.  I do have a copy of Streets of Willow, which is very small and might be fun for a stock NA.

The Miata's of course are prime for custom liveries and can easily accommodate some nice and visible GRM and Flying Miata Logos.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/23 1:12 p.m.

That is an interesting idea

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/28/23 1:27 p.m.

I'll make some tire adjustments, but I think my SR20 E30 hoon machine would be a good candidate.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
2/28/23 2:00 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I really like that idea!  A 'spec' series, but the 'spec' changes/progresses from race to race through the series.

One of the things I'm playing with is trying to use a time attack NB I downloaded to create a 'current' representation of my NA performance wise, and also a 'K swapped' version by just modifying the engine power/curves and possibly gearing.

dean1484
2/28/23 6:40 p.m.

I made a transfer folder on the google drive. It ids for sharing cars with other people. It is not a permanent place to keep cars

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/1/23 4:32 p.m.

I am probably out for tonight, I have a friend visiting.

I have a drop I can use, but I won't be able to capture a replay(!)  If someone can be sure to capture it, I should (?) be able to use your file if you copy it to the Google drive folder. 

dean1484
3/1/23 6:22 p.m.

I may run a little late I have a zoom meeting tonight.

dean1484
3/3/23 7:57 a.m.

Air

I put videos in the transfer folder. One is from AC the other is a copy of what I streamed. The stream audio is poor the balance was not set right so I am over boosted and everything else is really quiet. If you use any of it you probably  should put in a separate audio of some kind.  

The race results I put images up in the general chat. On discord.  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/3/23 11:05 a.m.

I'm traveling next week, so I'll miss the frustration of Bathurst.

Sharing this for the future:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ford-sierra-cosworth-rs500-pack.24027/

https://tpongracz.com/shop/ac-dtm-1991-season-pass/

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/3/23 11:56 a.m.

The progressive Cosworth could be interesting.  If those DTM cars are equalized, it could be worth $15.

I will try and download those replays.  They should work fine.  I am curious why one is 3 times the size of the other though.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/3/23 2:03 p.m.

Any incidents, or particular parts of the race I should be looking at?  The start of the second race is always good of course.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
3/3/23 3:11 p.m.
aircooled said:

Any incidents, or particular parts of the race I should be looking at?  The start of the second race is always good of course.

Focus on the Merc LOL.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/3/23 8:19 p.m.

Results and Standings.  Check the Adjusted Points, getting very close 2-4, and even 5.

dean1484
3/4/23 8:31 a.m.

2nd race my pass of Mike in the Merc. I will take responsibility for it as the replay shows my back end move out and hit him. But good racing leading up to that with Sauce Mike and I.  I will let you judge but if I should swap finishing positions with Mike. I thought I had left him room and I absolutely did not kick the rear of my car out like the replay shows but it is in the replay.  I actually need to look at the OBS recording and see if I can see it from the in-car. I am hoping it is a net-code thing and not me. Mike and I were having a really great race up to that point. 

dean1484
3/4/23 9:40 a.m.
aircooled said: They should work fine.  I am curious why one is 3 times the size of the other though.

One is just the data that the game uses to generate the replay. The other is the recording from OBS. The OBS recording is a video. It should be a much larger file.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/4/23 11:10 p.m.

Some highlights, and some lowlights:

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
3/5/23 8:50 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Dean I see no reason to swap positions.  In my mind it was a racing incident and stuff like that happens in close quarters racing. 

dean1484
3/6/23 5:33 a.m.

I did a little testing last night after I worked on the physics swap from one car to another and I think race pace for me is a high 2:09 low 2:10. 

At the end of the back strait it is really bumpy and the car really wants to get away from me. I have to be really carful there. I think I got the area at the top of the hill sorted. I just have to lift in a couple places.   

I have a really soft set up tune that I need to try and see if it is a bit more forgiving.   

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/6/23 9:40 a.m.

I don't think I felt any contact here?!?!?  Apologies for that!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/7/23 7:44 p.m.

That is a big miss with AC.  It give zero feedback when you hit someone.

Bathurst is next.  The Lexus might step up for this one?  Will we hear the dulcet tones of Celine Dion again?  That AMC might be a missile here.  Good thing we have a steady driver at the helm(!)  (see video above) cheeky

So, what do we expect the odds of a log jam are?  (The twisty downhill areas is super easy to clog up)

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
3/7/23 7:46 p.m.

I have another commitment tomorrow, so I'll have to miss out...  I'm not a big fan of Bathurst, so I'm not heartbroken.  cheeky

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/7/23 11:23 p.m.

There is a 110% chance of an Austin Powers clog resulting in a log jam

bumpsteer
bumpsteer New Reader
3/7/23 11:48 p.m.

Yeah about 50% of the time I unexpectedly check up going downhill I end up having to reenact that scene with the added comedy of trying to find what shifter is which because I can't actually physically see the steering wheel in front of my face. 

dean1484
3/8/23 12:00 a.m.

It is going to be fun!!!  Testing tonight got me a 2:07.6. There is more but the back end of the car is really wanting to come around on the last left hander at the top of the hill and if I end up chasing it I end up touching the curb exiting the corner and that never ends good. 

1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sU2TP1mtA3AyA9hzeei0tvuP0gsNoJ6czsnuxe8fqSUBM5E4u7LnSfZtP3T7lTO6