1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/25/22 1:09 p.m.

Apparently, there is LIDAR (and derived DEM, digital elevation models) data available for a lot of the US, and if you know how to convert it for track use, it can make the tracks very accurate.  It still will get down the specific little aspects of course.

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-lidar-data-and-where-can-i-download-it

Light Detection and Ranging (lidar) is a technology used to create high-resolution models of ground elevation with a vertical accuracy of 10 centimeters (4 inches). Lidar equipment, which includes a laser scanner, a Global Positioning System (GPS), and an Inertial Navigation System (INS), is typically mounted on a small aircraft

LIDAR left, DEM right

Divided image with tree-covered slope on one side and the treeless, bare earth on the other side revealing landslides

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
7/25/22 7:18 p.m.

Just realized that I'm going to miss the last race. Last minute work trip to Portland next week and will be in upstate NY the week after. Gonna need a good showing this week to make up for that, but with 150kg of rewards weight I don't think that's really on the table. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/22 1:35 a.m.

New batch of cars on the 2nd server. I made a car pack that has all the cars and put it up on the google drive.   The pack is supposed to be full body race cars based on production cars with a P/Weight of about 2.5. Kind of a mixed bag of GTE GT3 and a couple other classes.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/26/22 9:15 a.m.

I'm 90% out this week.  In CT right now, headed to DC then WV this afternoon, then 99% chance I am picking up a BRZ and driving home tomorrow.

dean1484
7/26/22 9:44 a.m.

So test session this week?  

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/26/22 12:14 p.m.

If everybody shows up this week we could run Thunderhill, and test next week if Matt can't make it?  We should make sure we have a full roster for the last race of the season.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/26/22 1:44 p.m.

Yeah, it's a bit tricky.  The basic situation is that Sauce has a strong lead, but a heavy HC.  Both Drillin and Colin are within striking range and have much less HC (sorry Dean and Pro, you are only realistically a points stealing spoilers).  All have 1 race to drop (with the disadvantage of not potentially loosing a HC and having to count a bad finish), and we have 2 races left.

I think, for maximum drama (using reality auto shop show as an inspiration) we want all the top runners, running in the final race but I am not sure that will happen.  Sauce is here this week, but out the next 2 weeks. 

If we want full participation, we need to run this week and skip the next 2 weeks, then run the final race the week after.  (assuming the top 3 can show up for that)  Or, we can run this week, Sauce takes his drop next week, making this week his last chance to make points.  With a 5 point lead, that could get close.

dean1484
7/26/22 3:54 p.m.

Hay I am only 7 points back.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/26/22 9:00 p.m.

I agree with Air's assessment.  

dean1484
7/27/22 3:02 p.m.

So I am overly optimistic?  laugh

cmcmillin31
7/27/22 3:42 p.m.

I have no reason to disagree with Air, so I think that sounds like a decent plan.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/27/22 7:24 p.m.

Yes.  One thing we can all agree on:   Dean has no chance. devil

dean1484
7/28/22 8:58 a.m.

If people are swapping cars for the next race let me know so I can put the HC on to the car you are using. If you don't have a HC then I don't need to. The other reason to let me know is so I can make sure that there is enough of the cars in the server. If we all go Miata or something like that.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/28/22 1:44 p.m.

Results and Standings:

It's essentially broken down into three races:  The top 3, the fight for 4th, and the fight for 6th (which is not that close).

If Colin or Sauce win the final race, they win.  If Drillin wins the final race and Sauce and Colin finish 3rd or lower, he wins.  Well, if Sauce finishes 3rd, it's a tie.  If Colin finishes 1 ahead of Sauce, below 3rd, it's a tie.

As a note, everyone, except Colin and Sauce can switch to any car they have not driven that car previously.

Final race is schedule for 2 weeks from now.  Until then we can play with some cars / tracks for potential next season use.  We don't have solid tie breaker format, but same car 3 lap shootout with everyone else watching and talking crap seems like a good idea (not sure what car though).

dean1484
7/29/22 1:48 p.m.

So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?! - Core Of A Living Heart

dean1484
7/29/22 1:52 p.m.

I think this may be a better representation of me winning this.

Marvel Movies and Death...Not Really - Larkable.com

cmcmillin31
7/29/22 2:20 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

This is hilarious

dean1484
7/31/22 1:54 a.m.

I will most likely not be around on august 10th. 

dean1484
7/31/22 11:42 a.m.

I started testing the cars on the NS server. I put up a spread sheet with some lap times in the google drive.  

All my times are with no tuning of the cars.

Others can add there times into the sheet if they want.  

I am interested in peoples times compared there times in other cars in the field.  This is how I get an idea if different cars are competitive with each other.

This is far from a perfect way of testing. Some cars will take to tuning better than others and as we saw in the current series track layout is also a factor.  

I think I found a performance adjustment in the server that I hope will let me equalize cars independent of the HC system that I want to test.  Using this I hope equalizing cars will be easier.  

dean1484
7/31/22 11:46 a.m.

Currently the old server is not up.  I am looking in to running multiple servers on one pc. I will be messing with that over the next couple days. I think it is as easy as adding ports to my router and putting the exceptions in to windows security. 

dean1484
9/1/22 8:27 a.m.

And we are back!!!!  A big thanks to those that made this happen!!!  

dean1484
9/1/22 8:30 a.m.

Servers are up and running. At the moment we have some FWD Fiats one one drive and on the other drive we have a mix of late 60s and early 70s race cars. The kind of cars you might see at a top tear SCCA event back then. 

dean1484
9/1/22 8:32 a.m.

Also note that the IP address for the servers changed. We will get links up here shortly and update the first page as well. You can also wonder over to our discord and the links are in the general chat. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/1/22 11:45 a.m.

Standings:

Results:

1 Sebring

2 Carlolina Motorsports Park

3 Atlanta Motorsports Park

4 Watkins Glen

5 Circuit Mont-Tremblant

6 Mosport

7 Meadowdale

8 Road America

9 Thunderhill

10 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/1/22 2:07 p.m.

Good to have the thread back.  The only issue I am still having is a complete lack of apps on screen.  The bar on the right of the screen showing apps will allow me to select, or de-select them, but none are displayed on screen no matter what I have tried.

1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cOUvoRnWmaSintRAUATRYHPBZ1LWxJlzDyaF5PUHKeGiQ4il2H8AHm8A5rqfFkEI