1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 160
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/1/22 2:14 p.m.
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/1/22 2:31 p.m.

That is strange.  Go into Setting / Apps in CM and look to see what Apps are showing installed and if they are checked. 

You may need to re-install them?

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/1/22 4:48 p.m.

Reposition didn't work.  These are just the apps that come in the base game, like tire temps, delta, map, etc. Thanks for the help, I even tried a reinstall and it's the same.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/1/22 5:02 p.m.

I tried checking the integrity of game files. This is what it says. This is the message I get.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/1/22 9:10 p.m.

Some shots from last night.  That paint that was on my Fiat was actually color shifting paint.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/22 10:25 a.m.

I had a great time with the car selection this week.  

if no one objects I propose we start things off with a race next  week with the fiat's. It will be a fixed setup and you are going to have to pit. I am thinking making it fuel dependent for the pit with tires optional. 

I will probably tripple the fuel usage on the server so we may even need a 2nd stop. 

This is just a test but I would like to run 2 15 min races with revers grid similar to a real season event.  

I also want to test the GT3 pack that Air found.

I thaught that the mixed class car pack I put together was good.  I really like running those cars. We can run it more if people want but I want to test other things. 

dean1484
9/2/22 10:28 a.m.

I also had a really weird idea. A one lap at the ring but the race winner can not be more than 5 seconds ahead of last place. 

dean1484
9/2/22 3:56 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I really liked the BMW in that series.  If we run that I am going to probably use that car!!

dean1484
9/2/22 4:36 p.m.

Ok So we have a T-shirt design for our winner.  I can get more made up for people and or set it up so you can purchase your own.  They are a bit pricey (about $10 more) but I decided to go with the better quality shirt and not the generic really cheap ones.  I am waiting on Air to confirm that I should post up here or if we should just wait till Colin gets it to then share with all of us. 

dean1484
9/2/22 4:43 p.m.

Oh and a huge thanks to Air for the design work on this!!!

dean1484
9/4/22 11:52 a.m.

And here it is.  Getting this printed in a large for Colin.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/5/22 6:28 p.m.

Just for info purposes, I did some research and a re-creation of the initial IROC series would be pretty easy.  They ran 911 RSRs and ran 3 races at Riverside and one at the Daytona Speedway. Which is not exactly a track you think of when you think 911, but that may be why only half the drivers (6) showed up for the final race.  We have the 911 RSR from the ACL pack and of course the two track already.  It could at most be a 4 race series, but even could be a two day race, switching tracks for the 2nd race of th 2nd day.

It's not entirely clear if they ran the Daytona banked oval, or the road course.  The road course was in existence in 1973 but the only video of the event I saw does not clearly show the road course part, but the Wikipedia entry says "This was the only IROC to be contested entirely on road courses"

Anyone have any idea if they ran the road course on not?   I guess I could ask on the main forum.

lightness : Photo | Riverside raceway, Race cars, Classic racing

IROC finale Daytona Feb 1974 | Vintage porsche, Porsche, Porsche 911 rsr

dean1484
9/6/22 12:44 a.m.

Ok I am going to set up a server with those

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/6/22 12:51 a.m.

Looks like the main forum confirmed it was the Daytona Road Course, which makes more sense.

dean1484
9/6/22 7:57 a.m.

That would be a really fun track as the RSR has good aero so you would really be moving entering turn one!!  

I also like how these handle. I remember during testing I kept moving back where I was getting the power down until I was powering through corners. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/6/22 1:22 p.m.

A straight re-creation of IROC might be a bit limited.  I would think we could add some more vintage style tracks to make it bit more complete, maybe put Riverside in there first and second from last and finish with Daytona.  I think we pretty much ran these when we ran the Legends cars last, but some I can think of now are:  Bridgehampton, Meadowdale, Sebring (1965), Laguna Seca (classic)

Any other potential tracks that existed in the 60's?  Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, (old track was actually more twisty), Imola (72), Silverstone (only Grand Prix circuit in the 60's)

Some other classic tracks that are available at THR:  Spa, Interlagos, Österreichring (now RedBull)    (https://thracing.de/tracks/)

I think it would be nice to put some time into these cars to get used to them.  They seem like they could be fun.  Maybe come up with a "safe" tune for them if people are having issues. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/6/22 1:26 p.m.
Racebrick said:

I tried checking the integrity of game files. This is what it says. This is the message I get. 

And it didn't fix it I assume?

It's starting to sound like you might want to look into backing up your car and track folders, then doing a clean wipe and re-install of AC.   CM does not seem to be the issue (it's so straight forward how installed)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/6/22 10:24 p.m.

Also Dean, there is an ACL 911 RSR and a Kunos 911 RSR.  Maybe load both up so we can compare (I suspect the are very similar if not the same).  They do have different tires though.  Here are the folders they are in:

ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr

ac_legends_gt_911rsr_73

dean1484
9/6/22 10:41 p.m.

Link to a non-compressed zip file with three 911's and Bridgehampton.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bSHhMc6b6BOvrbZnyHTNO-s4vCVN6PUo/view?usp=sharing

All are very similar.  I really like the 1974 911.  I am better able to stay in front of it when it does 911 things.

dean1484
9/6/22 10:50 p.m.

Link to the GRM IROC 911 RSR Testing Server running all three 911s at Bridgehampton.

https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/join?ip=173.76.36.116&httpPort=8082&password=RV9WTFhFXQ==

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/7/22 12:19 p.m.

Things to look for with the 911's

- Do they all have the same performance (stats seem to be the same)?

- Is the 73 a bit easier to drive?  If so, it might be a good option for those less of a "911 driving attitude"

- Kunos vs ACL cars tires.  I can swap tires if needed.

- Tire and fuel use (see if we want to do pit stops)

dean1484
9/9/22 8:03 a.m.

I had good fun Wednesday with the verity of cars.  On the server currently is selection of cars for testing including a 951 and a E36 M3.  The 190 EVO is also up there. We have raced all of them in the past. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/10/22 10:53 p.m.

A few quick shots.  The IROC races did not save properly for some reason.

dean1484
9/12/22 2:14 p.m.

ETA on the T shirt to me

Estimated delivery date:

09/17/2022 to 09/24/2022

dean1484
9/12/22 6:36 p.m.

Air if I have the replay I can see about putting it on the google drive for you. I have not messed with them much. 

1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7RYLgPqJ0STU6Z2gqfrbXRATEyTM7UgmleBVDi6S2hWjz2hfVBzf6MjkYEgB655g