1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 160
Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/13/22 2:25 p.m.

Are the servers up? I think I finally got my stuff working, and would like to do some testing.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/13/22 4:32 p.m.

They should be up.  I am not sure if you have the new server IP addresses.  They are in the main chat of Discord if you don't, same password.

How did you fix it?  Did you treat it like a Volvo?  (rip it's heart out and replace it with something more to your liking)

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/13/22 5:41 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Who knows, I left town to go racin' and when I came back my kid was playing, and the stuff was back.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/13/22 5:47 p.m.

When I click on the discord links I get an error.crying  I should be used to it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/13/22 6:56 p.m.

No, it's not you... as usual.... is DEAN!  It looks like the servers are down.

The Dean beacon has been activated.  It might be up soon.

Here is a pic of Dean about to go in and fix the servers:

Should be up now.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/14/22 10:38 a.m.

Got to run a few laps with Dean yesterday.  I'm ready for tonight.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/22 4:07 p.m.

I think one more night of testing and we decided on a short one-make series or maybe pick 2-3 cars and run 3-4 races with each car as a series.  We can discuss this tonight.

Oh and I put up a Mini versus Ford Falcon server and I have also got a third server set up I just need to figure out how to get two servers to run at the same time on the same PC

dean1484
9/14/22 4:08 p.m.
aircooled said:

Yep that about sums it up  laugh

Captian chaos. . . You know that kind of fits. . .  Hummmmm

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/14/22 4:40 p.m.

What cars are we running tonight/which of the 3 servers?  I might actually join this time.

dean1484
9/14/22 5:41 p.m.

Chk the links on discord. I don't remember. Servers 2 and 3 are on the new pc. The original server is still on my little buzz box. So you should see the original server and either one or the other on the new pc. I have not figuared out how to get two servers to run at the same time on one pc. 

dean1484
9/14/22 11:51 p.m.

Air The vans are lots of fun!!!   

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/15/22 9:21 p.m.

Pics from last night.  I still say the Minis and Fairlanes are balls o fun (once you figure out how to drive them).

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/16/22 12:08 a.m.

I messed with Sol a bit today to figure out "max settings" to get some better quality replays and screenshots.

Base AC + CSP:

Sol Max Settings:

dean1484
9/16/22 4:28 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

The 333 sp was lots of fun (I like fast cars)

The C7 and the 951 were also great cars.  Both are easy to drive with the 951 having a bit more grip and a little less speed.

So for this week, I say we start a 4 race series (which could expand to 6) with the Porsche 951.   We could toss in some one-off races in between the 6 races with the Mini versus Ford series to keep things interesting.  As for tracks, I will have to see.  I want to keep it simple.  I think we are looking at small to medium tracks with the 951 

We could put the 190 EVO merc as an option car with the 951's if you want.  Maybe we could see about evening out the tires on the two cars It would be interesting to test them both at Watkins Glen and see how even they are there.  I think the merc is the faster straight line speed car whereas the 951 definitely has the corners.  

Oh and you all need to test the GMC van I put up.  If you don't have it the car is in Google drive.  It is fun to drive.  It kind of feels like someone took a GMC van on a C5 Corvette.  You get the handling but you definitely know you are in a van.  

The big plus is that the vans give Air a HUGE canvas for creative liveries that will be very visible.  

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/16/22 5:39 p.m.

I vote to never drive the ford/mini.

dean1484
9/17/22 8:16 a.m.
Racebrick said:

I vote to never drive the ford/mini.

laugh

dean1484
9/17/22 8:18 a.m.

What about the 911s we tried.  Maybe a one off of with the 74?  That thing was lots of fun. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/17/22 6:55 p.m.

I'm going to jump on a bit tonight.  I have some more tweaking to do, but I put 275 Hard Slicks on the RX7 Turbo from the street car pack and it is all kinds of fun.  Similar in speed to the Porsche, but I think less corner grip, more straight line power, less brakes.

I think its definitely a worthy choice for a week or two.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/17/22 8:04 p.m.

Does is it make funny rotary sounds?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/17/22 8:17 p.m.

Well it certainly doesn't sound like prestige.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/17/22 11:03 p.m.

I figured out how to get decent smoke effects in replays too :)

dean1484
9/18/22 7:43 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Now that is cool!!!!

dean1484
9/18/22 9:38 a.m.

Could we do a rx7 vs 951 challenge?  Or maybe do one race of each I just swap servers between races?  

I have a thaught we could do a progressive Porsche series where we start slow and work over way up to fast cars. Two races per car. So five cars we get 10 weeks.  I am not sure how the HC would work but we can sort that later. 

I think tonight I will look in to what cars are available for that and how they drive.  

dean1484
9/18/22 9:41 a.m.

Oh Air I found a 500 hp version of the IROC Camaro. It is a bit ridiculous but fun. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/18/22 11:16 a.m.

I wouldn't put the rx7 against the 951.  They are close but I think a lot more work goes into t properly balancing cars than the 30mins I spent screwing around.

that said, it's tuning is relatively unlocked (except gearing which I set to turbo II ratios) so there is a lot of room for improvement.  Someone better than I at tuning needs to see if they can dial in a good setup.

1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2L15km9BD4CLj649N8VZKrMJj0zXWstQpPyreWBwGqiDMGSZqGHmdWPujOAVMZOP