1 2 3
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 2:02 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: What kind of minimum specs do I need to run it?
Processor: Core 2 Duo Memory: 1 GB RAM DirectX: Version 9.0c Hard Drive: 1 GB available space So basically anything.

My phone could run it if it was android supported

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/13/15 2:04 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Catapults are befuddling me. My last one exploded. A lot. I may go robot wars medieval style.

Took some trial and error, but here are some shots on how I assembled mine. It seems reusable, just have to figure out how to reload it now.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 2:08 p.m.

Ok, so it was the bucket I was missing. I have an idea on how to reload your thing, but I'm not sure it can be dome with mines. They're temperamental.

BradLTL
2/13/15 2:38 p.m.

So, it's be a very productive Friday.

I have 3 theories on reloading...

1. Gravity ramp with reload action using pistons to push in the next round. This has not worked yet. I get the movement I want, but the boulder either misses the bucket or gets hung up on the coils of the piston.

2. A hinged ramp using the helicopter flying bit to create the angle to roll the boulder into the bucket. Should work for at least 1 more shot, not sure how to add more after that.

3. A picker / grabber arm contraption using steering pieces and cogs. Likely the best option from a consistency standpoint, but slow and cumbersome with the limited controls (by the way, I like the limited controls... it makes it more of a challenge).

BradLTL
2/13/15 3:13 p.m.

And because I need to be done, here are the saved machines...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77838060/catapult.bsg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77838060/catapult-2shot.bsg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77838060/steerable-chassis.bsg

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 6:11 p.m.

I have a plan. I'll get back to you.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 6:54 p.m.

I figured out catapults. And since it's GRM, I figured I should be able to drive it.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
2/13/15 7:05 p.m.

You guys are the worst and the best... best of the worst? Dunno, but I have a feeling this thing is going to take a delightful chunk out of my life.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/13/15 7:12 p.m.

Catapults are definitely a nice one to figure out. Now if only I could hurl explosive without blowing myself up 90% of the time.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 9:50 p.m.
PubBurgers wrote: Catapults are definitely a nice one to figure out. Now if only I could hurl explosive without blowing myself up 90% of the time.

Too much spring is everyones downfall. I've found 3 to be about the right number.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 9:53 p.m.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/13/15 9:54 p.m.

The first one I called the scrambler. It uh... was very efficient. I had been looking at carnival rides earlier.

The second one, I'm trying to figure out how to build a railgun, because obviously a catapult is officially too easy. The back bit was because it wouldn't let me drop a rock directly onto the slide.

BradLTL
2/14/15 7:41 a.m.
mndsm wrote: The first one I called the scrambler. It uh... was very efficient. I had been looking at carnival rides earlier.

I built something similar for that level. I used the blades vs the circular saws, it seemed more brutal.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
2/14/15 8:07 a.m.
BradLTL wrote:
mndsm wrote: The first one I called the scrambler. It uh... was very efficient. I had been looking at carnival rides earlier.
I built something similar for that level. I used the blades vs the circular saws, it seemed more brutal.

How did I not think to add blades to the spinning block!? I've got some work to do.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/14/15 8:16 a.m.
BradLTL wrote:

Yeah, blades probably would have worked better, this one sort of imploded. I had flamethrowers mounted once too, for lulz.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/14/15 2:34 p.m.

This game has turned me into a terrible person... I might have built an oversized lawnmower.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
2/14/15 3:17 p.m.

anybody figured out tank steering yet?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/14/15 4:31 p.m.

That chassis that Brad has works pretty well for it I think.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/14/15 7:46 p.m.

Gah, I keep right clicking to rotate images in here like I can get a better angle on them. Yeah, that doesn't work.

In other news I present....

Lawnmower in the front, dual catapult in the back. For when you really, REALLY wanna berkeley everything up as much as possible.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/15/15 7:27 p.m.

My attempt at a tank. Not true right to left steer, but has zero turn radius, and can spin just like a tank. Now to figure out how to make a turret that will spin separate from this mess....

BradLTL
2/16/15 5:03 p.m.

My new accomplishment. I call it the Scorpion tank. It combines nice use of decouplers, circular saws and flame throwers. I call these the "claws". Then add to it a slingshot style cannon, the "Stinger" and you have mayhem. Yes, it is mobile and steerable

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/16/15 8:37 p.m.

I like it. Nice use of the saws as both motivation and death. I need to upload pics of the iron maiden later..... I killed the fps on my laptop with it.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
2/16/15 8:39 p.m.

This is a ton of fun for $7.

I need to work on my catapult/missile skills.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/16/15 9:40 p.m.

This little gem I call the iron maiden. I can steer it, technically, but it really only goes straight. The beauty of the design lies in the hinge mechanism in the center. Designed to clamp down on the enemies, and with the flip of a switch, I've got knight-kabobs from the included torches. (I might have stolen that bit from Portable Auschwitz). It's ugly, it breaks the bounding box, and it breaks my laptop, but it's REALLY goddamn funny to crush a house with it.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
2/17/15 9:03 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huELwijk3is

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7nalhGayT3POUQajKR5FRVyHKVOd49VDtGgclLNdXpQknmbk1IOV7fqhoiaqxYzg