SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/18/15 8:48 p.m.

XBL has it for free right now. I played the first one and liked it, but never ended up playing the others. I said what the hell and downloaded it.

Holy crap what a great game. It also seems like this is a game that hasn't succumbed to the multiplayer community. They put so much effort into the details, it's ridiculous. I know I've missed stuff, but I'm so immersed into the game, that I don't want go back to find them. It's very fast paced, but I'm already 4 hours into it and I have a feeling, by the way the story is going, that there is still a lot a head of me.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/18/15 11:43 p.m.

One of my favorite games ever. I thought it was great up until the last 30 minutes, and then it became amazing. Make sure that you don't read or watch anything online that spoils the ending for you.

PS - I recommend that you don't play the DLCs that extend the story into Rapture (from BioShock I&II). In my opinion, they undermine the Infinite story and make the Booker and Elizabeth characters harder to like.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/19/15 12:06 a.m.

I haven't and thanks for the heads up.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
3/19/15 8:49 a.m.

Great game. I played through it and have put it down because I got at the part where I am defending an airship and guys keep coming aboard in waves and I keep failing. I am pretty sure I am close to the end but have not gone back to give it some more attempts.

I have Wolfenstein New Order sitting around since Christmas but I figured I should not start that until I finish Bioshock. I hear the Wolfenstein game is great too.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/19/15 9:31 a.m.

That's the final battle before the long ending sequence begins. You're right, it's Epic in difficulty.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
3/19/15 10:17 a.m.

What are your guys favorite powerups? I almost always have the electric shock and death by crows equipped, There are several that I really didnt use for more than a few minutes.

I am open to suggestions for that final battle. Been meaning to google a walkthrough for that part but also dont want any spoilers.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
3/19/15 10:46 a.m.

Has anybody played episode 2 of Infinite?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/19/15 11:31 a.m.

My god, this is one of the best storylines in a video game in a long time. It just keeps going and it stays interesting. Since it's already science fiction, the time tear stuff is awesome. It comes in handy and the phasing to the reality definitely adds to the storyline.

Also the amount of Elizabeth Cosplay out there is ridiculous.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/19/15 11:35 a.m.
failboat wrote: What are your guys favorite powerups? I almost always have the electric shock and death by crows equipped, There are several that I really didnt use for more than a few minutes. I am open to suggestions for that final battle. Been meaning to google a walkthrough for that part but also dont want any spoilers.

So far with what I played, I like the Shock Jockey, Posession, Murder of Crows and the Inferno.

calteg
calteg HalfDork
3/19/15 7:36 p.m.
nderwater wrote: One of my favorite games ever. I thought it was great up until the last 30 minutes, and then it became amazing. Make sure that you don't read or watch anything online that spoils the ending for you.

x2. I actually thought the gameplay was a tired rehash of bioshock 1 & 2, but the ending blew my mind. Totally didn't see it coming.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/19/15 8:13 p.m.
calteg wrote:
nderwater wrote: One of my favorite games ever. I thought it was great up until the last 30 minutes, and then it became amazing. Make sure that you don't read or watch anything online that spoils the ending for you.
x2. I actually thought the gameplay was a tired rehash of bioshock 1 & 2, but the ending blew my mind. Totally didn't see it coming.

I didn't remember 1 too well, but never played 2, so I thought the gameplay is awesome.

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
3/20/15 1:25 p.m.

So far with what I played, I like the Shock Jockey, Posession, Murder of Crows and the Inferno.

I was hoping you would play this. I've been meaning to mail you my copy of it since I just finished but free download works too.

That’s all I played with for the most part. You can also combo the attacks. Try Murder of Crows then Inferno. you get crows on fire that deal more damage. It also looks crazy.

Story is awesome and the ending is ending is amazing if you pay attention to the story and characters. You can play through and get most of the story or listen to the random recording and get more little details. The new enemies are good but not as tough as a big daddy from for first 2 bioshocks. I never felt like I had to run from a new enemy but there still challenging and I like the rifts.

For the last battle focus on the goals and less about what’s coming at you.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/20/15 2:59 p.m.

HO-LEE CRAP.

Just finished it. My god the ending was epic. The whole Multiverse thing was insane. The end though, wow. Just wow. Blew my mind.

I don't think I have played a game with such a great story line.

I also imagine that I wasn't the only one who picked up on all the old Ragtime versions of more modern music. I was wondering why that was until you have to go find all the Tears for Lady Comstock.

They made mention earlier in the game about Tears that just appeared all around Columbia. One of these tears opened up in the studio of Jerimiah Fink's brother, Albert, who was a musician. He created most of the music you hear around Columbia. It all made sense once you find the Tear in the studio and you hear Cindy Laupner's "Girls want to have Fun".

Stuff like that made this game awesome.

Kotaku was kind enough to compile them together.

http://kotaku.com/here-are-all-of-bioshock-infinites-secret-musical-cove-461865411

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/20/15 3:15 p.m.

Also, anyone catch the Revenge of the Jedi shout out?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
4/10/15 5:55 p.m.

Alright, what are your favorite weapons? I'm playing it over again and I have to say the Repeater and Shotgun is my favorite combo. Yeah I switch it up for an RPG or Sniper Rifle every once in a while, but I keep going back to those two.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LF10MdF9Zd4zvJ1G8wAMtKG4FIcJVzLY1DLKy4IDxtU4cb9MZvSEOyeLI1ZfjzRn