Sidewayze New Reader
11/10/20 7:45 a.m.

Has this been tried with FS2020 yet?

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/20 9:21 a.m.
Sidewayze said:

Has this been tried with FS2020 yet?

i'd be curious how it does, FS2020 is single threaded right now.. so it probably wouldn't do terrible.. maybe not.. but would be interesting..

Sidewayze
Sidewayze New Reader
11/10/20 1:26 p.m.

The answer to that question could greatly effect my life....

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/11/20 12:51 p.m.

iRacing is 50% off until December 3rd if anyone is thinking of signing up for the first time and 25% off for subscription renewals.

https://www.iracing.com/membership/

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/11/20 4:13 p.m.
adam525i (Forum Supporter) said:

iRacing is 50% off until December 3rd if anyone is thinking of signing up for the first time and 25% off for subscription renewals.

https://www.iracing.com/membership/

FWIW, it was 50% off for new members when i joined back in early october as well, i think that's always a deal they run.

BUT i may be wrong.. just figured i'd chime in on it.

also FYI to anyone who hasn't played and is thinking about it, the membership is literally the cheapest thing..

you'll exceed the cost of a 2 year membership buying like 15 cars and tracks..

91camarosrs
91camarosrs New Reader
1/14/22 3:57 a.m.

im really not into gaming super much, but i do have a racing seat and a logitech wheel. 

played around with forza, but now want to get into racing sims, but also dont want to spend $1000 on a tower ill barely use. this might be my ticket!!!

91camarosrs
91camarosrs New Reader
1/31/22 2:29 a.m.

ok so i was given a computer..... from what I have read, it's not ideal but it was free(didn't have a hard drive).   Although small, my old laptop 2.5" HDD "fits", I still  have it from when I swapped to a solid state so there's one piece reused  

Well, I told my step son about this, as he's into the gaming world and he went nuts. Picked the computer up that day,and  well, a couple days later he messaged me and showed me that it now has 16g of ram(previously had 4) and a gt1030 video card. 

I barely know anything about anything. I do know that the small case and psu limit my video cards. He's currently doing tests.  But this MIGHT work. The video card and ram was a little over $220 i believe. 

I have an extra room with a 1080 56"? Tv that i wanted to hook this to, and a folding sim chair and expensive logitech wheel that i don't remember at the time.

If this doesn't work, I should be able to upgrade to a case that allows a 1050 and the power to supply it. All the interwebs says i can't use this card but we will see. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/22 7:25 a.m.

Your up grad path for that may be limited as the motherboard may not be a standard format that fits other cases AND look carefully at the power plug on the MB look to see if it uses the standard 24 pin plug or is the PSU a HP proprietary one. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/22 8:17 a.m.

For a GPU measure the space you have in MM and then look at pc parts picker and set the max GPU length. Zotac seems to be the king of short cards.  I think you can get a two fan 3070. The other thing to look at is height but you can always run it with the cover off.  

I have built a computer in a 5l case and have on and off looked at an upgrade for my zotac 2060 super.  I got it about 6 months before the 2070ti came out in a short card.  Been kind of looking at upgrading to a 3070ti but as far as I can see the most powerful small GPU to date is a 3070 and that would not be a large enough upgrade from the 2060super to justify the cost.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8TirqyEtWXLY7RgiRSo5sSLWlcEIMucBbv7ES4PeyIJlGq5L6KgFGl5QwZlD6E15