1 2
axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
7/1/14 12:13 p.m.

Entry and Registration Welcome to the CTA Season 1. Registration process listed below and what information is required for a successful registration.

*Chose up to Three Primary Sponsors, they must be reflected on your car You also cannot have the same sponsor already claimed by another team unless it is a Manufacturer sponsor such as Ford, Chevy etc etc.

Team Name: Manufacturer Choice: Driver 1 Gamertag: Driver 1 Number: Driver 1 Sponsors (Chose a Max of Three):

Liveries No offensive, Racist or sexual designs will be tolerated!! Ensure you have your race number on both sides of the car, the bonnet and the rear bumper, font choice and colour is up to you but please make sure it is readable.

Schedule Road Atlanta - 30 Laps - July 15th Sunset Infield Course - 25 Laps - July 29th Sebring - 25 Laps - August 19th Infineon Long - 25 Laps - September 2nd Mazda Laguna Seca - 30 - September 16th Road America - 25 Laps - September 30th

Rules and Etiquette: Max Respect at all times to all drivers, please call your lines and make sure that everyone can hear Race Control (Lobby Host) at all times. I don't mind friendly banter, but please don't be screaming everyones ears off all the time.

CTA is a non-contact series, it is expected that some contact may be due to lag and will therefore not be subject to review.

Race Day The lobby will open at 9pm EST. All drivers will receive there lobby invite from there room hosts, if you do not please contact via private message on the site or xbox live so that we can get you sorted as soon as possible. Qualifying itself will take place at 9:15pm, you will be given 5 laps to set your quickest clean lap, if for what ever reason you dirty all your laps then those with clean laps will qualify ahead of you, collisions will be turned off however it is recommended that you leave each other enough room to complete that elusive clean fast lap. At the end of the session please wait at the first corner so that the lobby host can write all times down.

The grid will be sorted during the pace lap, drivers will use this lap to get into there grid position whilst maintaining no contact, drivers will then move into a side by side formation ready for the rolling start, during this time the pole sitter will need to choose inside or out he will also be in control of the start by either a small countdown or a choose a designation point as to when the race may start.

Restarts.

A restart will only happening in the following situations;

1. The room has been set up wrong.
  2. Someone lags out on the pace lap
  3. Race accident involving 4 or more cars in the opening 2 laps
  4. Any damage on the pace lap

Each Race is expected to last anywhere between 35-50 minutes, some may take 1 hour or more. Once the Race starts, each race will start with a rolling start. The pole winning driver gets his/her choice of what line they start the race from, while Odds will be on the Inside of the first corner and odds on the outside. All Restarts are single file and you can change lanes before the line and pass as long as the green has been called. If you jump the restart you will receive a drive through penalty or a time penalty of the same equivalent.

There will be 1 Mandatory Pit stop during each race between a set lap.

Points System 1st place 20 2nd place 19 3rd place 18 4th place 17 5th place 16 6th place 15 7th place 14 8th place 13 9th place 12 10th place 11 11th place 10 12th place 9

Pole sitters in all rooms will gain an extra point

If you lag out or quit you will recieve points for last place overall.

Assits

All assists will be avalible should you need them, however for those of us that dont then that is also fine so dont feel like you must use them

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
7/2/14 8:04 a.m.

Great practice last night. Some great racing with some real close finishes. Much was learned. See you all on the 15th.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
7/4/14 2:05 a.m.

Well I finally decided on my ride and livery. Team Name: TBH Motorsports Manufacturer Choice: 1970 Camaro Z28 Gamertag: Gerry Axeman Number: 56 Driver 1 Sponsors (Chose a Max of Three): Fanta, Chicos Bail Bonds and Hoosier Tires

chrispy
chrispy Reader
7/7/14 8:28 a.m.

Still working on all of the above. Stay tuned.....

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
7/8/14 1:31 a.m.

With that time frame, and the length of the races, it's gonna be awfully tough for me to run.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
7/14/14 8:55 p.m.

Tomorrow night at 9pm. See you.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
7/15/14 8:11 a.m.

Team Name: 5Ps Racing

Manufacturer: 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T

Gamertag: ChrispyNick (Chris)

Number: 42

Sponsors: Dodge/Mopar

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
7/15/14 6:38 p.m.

Team name: A&L Racing

Manufacturer: 1970 Mustang BOSS 429

Gamertag: StubblyTie8

Number: 28

Sponsors: Ford, Champion, Coca Cola

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
7/15/14 6:46 p.m.

Can't guarantee I'll have enough time to make it to the finish line, but...

Bud Moore Racing

racerfink

Mercury Cougar

Mercury

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
7/16/14 12:09 p.m.

Well last night was fun. We had some changes on the fly which I think added to the challenges. We did a 15 lapper with a 5 lap qualifier for starting order based on finish. I like that idea. Gives people a little break and lets them get their lines down before the racing really starts.

Finishing order was in order of finish

Racefink in the Mercury

Mutant Challenger

Axeman Camaro

Cheeto '70 Mustang

StubblyTie '70 Mustang

ChrispyNick Challenger

Great time and good racing. Lessons learned ... tires go away quickly when your setup sucks. Mutant likes to distract you on the last lap. Cars in your mirrors are closer then you think!

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
7/20/14 11:41 a.m.

Glad to see that you guys are enjoying this 8)

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
7/29/14 9:41 a.m.

Doubt I'll be home in time for this one tonight...

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
7/31/14 5:47 a.m.

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

chrispy
chrispy Reader
7/31/14 7:50 a.m.

Still interested, but I had a prior commitment on Tuesday. I really haven't been playing much of anything for a week or so.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/4/14 4:38 p.m.

Did the race run last week? If not, do we want to try and make it up tomorrow night?

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
8/7/14 7:17 p.m.

Well guys, I can tell you the news from TORA... starting Friday August 29, there will be Vintage Trans Am, at 2PM PDT/5PM EDT on Forza 4, at 5PM PDT/8PM EDT on Forza 5, for a six week run.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/14/14 3:13 p.m.

A few days out from the Sebring round. This race WILL be running, one way or another. I will run the lobby if Axeman is not around.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/16/14 7:29 p.m.

Just a reminder, the Sebring round is this coming Tuesday!

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/18/14 8:15 a.m.

Tomorrow night at 9!

chrispy
chrispy Reader
8/18/14 8:23 a.m.

Wife's work schedule has changed so there is no guarantee I'll be on. Bummer.

DES4
DES4 New Reader
8/18/14 5:34 p.m.

I'll make it.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/19/14 8:05 p.m.

Anybody besides me and Cheeto???

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/20/14 12:10 a.m.

Results

1st- racerfink

2nd- Cheeto23

Where was everybody? Filled in the field with 11 ai cars, which made for an interesting opening few laps. I had turned the grid to random in anticipation of qualifying, and with just me and Cheeto showing up, we decided to just go straight to the race. Cheeto started 7th, and I started 10th. Cheeto worked his way through cleanly to take the lead by the 2nd lap, while I had some problems with the ai braking in the carousel for no reason, and took a little front end damage.

Halfway through lap two, I caught Cheeto, but his car was stronger coming off the corners, and I thought I was gonna have to sit back and wait. I didn't have to wait long, as his car started getting pretty loose coming out of those same corners. I've tried setting up that Mustang build, and it's definitely a loose car!

Once we settled in, it became a matter of being consistent so we could stay ahead of the ai after we made our mandatory pitstop. Cheeto cut his a little close, and luckily for me, I choose to stay out another lap and put more distance between myself and the ai.

My car was actually better after the stop, and I turned a best of 2:18.9. Would have been better with more cars! Check the build thread for this series, and come on out and play!

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
8/21/14 1:44 a.m.

Points after two events

1st - racerfink 41pts

2nd - Cheeto23 36pts

3rd - Mutant 19pts

4th - Gerry Axeman 18pts

5th - StubblyTie 17pts

6th - ChrispyNick 16pts

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
8/21/14 9:22 a.m.

I know some of you guys have had some issues with TORA in the past, I can tell you that there's been some shake ups in the officials lately, and I am running the upcoming Vintage Trans Am series as my own pet project.

It starts next Friday, August 29th, at 2PM Pacific/5PM Eastern.

We've got 17 entries at this point, but would love to see some GRM'ers come in and make it a full two lobby field.

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/f452-tcr-vintage-trans-am-series-2

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5YZs64Tr8mCV17cUPliQIOe9QX2DL5wUjUAXcQ8o4Rn21cbrZK0uXIGFKRNPCrg3