1 ... 14 15 16 17
nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/8/20 3:45 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) :

Can i only run 1 time or do I get to run multiple atttempts?

I'm not sure I have a codemasters acount i will check.  I have Steam and it logs in automagically.

WonkoTheSane (FS)
WonkoTheSane (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/8/20 3:50 p.m.
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) said:

look up on the dirt 2.0 webpage for club# 325746 RALLYBRO

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/find-club

you are correct, the 1st event in the month long championship you will have 4 days to finish the 4 stages. results are poor in this game and likely you need to check them online. 

I believe I just petitioned to join.  It's linked to my steam account, so it'll either show up as wonkothesane @ that gmail place or as GreatLeper.

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/8/20 4:00 p.m.

got you guys in, I am not sure how to turn approval off but it seems to keep the children out. (I guess?) 

also these events are very heavy DLC usually. 

WonkoTheSane (FS)
12/8/20 4:37 p.m.
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) said:

got you guys in, I am not sure how to turn approval off but it seems to keep the children out. (I guess?) 

also these events are very heavy DLC usually. 

Oh, I don't think I have any DLC.. So I might be out by default.  

WonkoTheSane (FS)
12/8/20 10:58 p.m.

If my first rally in 8 months or so, I can say, "I finished.".  That's about it that's positive.  That car was brutal.

12/9/20 11:47 a.m.

sweden RGT is not friendly either, i picked a bunch of rough terrain/degradation for this series to keep people on their toes. 

there are some faaast people in this so I just try and keep it interesting for them

WonkoTheSane (FS)
12/9/20 8:22 p.m.

Yeah, that was a pretty brutal track as well.   I'm also not fast, especially after a 6 or 7 month sabbatical.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/10/20 1:06 a.m.

That was hard.  I was doing fine until the 3 stages where I got the car Austin Powers'd.  But such fun.

12/28/20 11:16 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

it is hard, certanitly the terrain I made difficult but the competition is tough too, I typically do max or heavy surface degredation for the fun of it because I like it rough. 

some of these guys do top 10 overall stage times too so its extra hard :(

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/28/20 12:53 p.m.

I got better towards the end.  I'm definitely going to keep posting times whenever the events are.  This worked great for my ability to make time to play.  I have no problem finding 30-40 minutes to post times during a 2-3 day window.  

I had one event where I was the first person to do it.  So like Carlos Sainz Jr. I was super excited to go green every sector and be P1!

12/29/20 11:46 a.m.

yeah it takes some getting used to but I like making them low effort and fun. a whole 12 series event is a lot of time but if you have enough events every month you can miss an event or two and still be in contention. WINRID plays every day so thats not really fair lol, of course that is a perfectly legal option... play all the events - mathmatically it is your best chance. 

speaking of which the Jan event is now live:

2/4/21 5:23 p.m.

I just sold my fanatec setup and went PC with thrustmaster my steam username is rx7kevin174 (creative... I know) 

anyways, february championship is now up and live!

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/11/21 8:11 a.m.

Did the name change on the group? I don't see available event 

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
2/11/21 6:44 p.m.

I'm gonna setup a couple months worth of events to keep things rolling.   These will be primarily random 6 stages a week should be roughly an hour a week or so.  

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
2/13/21 9:59 p.m.

I got a little tired of the game for a while, but I've been getting back into it recently, so this is perfect timing.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
2/14/21 1:20 p.m.

In reply to Fugaku :

Yeah same and with my new sim rig I've been jumpin in headlong back into the sims.   

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
2/14/21 6:32 p.m.

Just finished the first event.   Currently in 1st but only one other driver has completed the stages right now.   Handbrake is essential make sure its mapped.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
2/15/21 5:08 p.m.

Does the golf have a crappy transmission in real life or something? I don't think I've ever ground a gearbox so much. That poor thing... Also as usual, I wasn't happy with the setup until halfway through the event. For me, ended up being max accel. lock on the diff, almost no decel lock, and a fairly stiff rear ARB.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
2/15/21 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Fugaku :

I didn't have any issues with the gearbox really but I was on the out of the box setup so maybe the max accel had an effect for ya.   I would have done well by dialing in way more oversteer and accel I think but usually I just can't be arsed to go through setup and testing.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
2/16/21 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

I think most cars have a decent default setup, but all the FWD cars feel like understeering pigs on their default setups. I find that I need to change the settings quite a bit, or it's not even fun for me to drive.

Sidewayze
Sidewayze Reader
2/20/21 9:51 p.m.

Just did Germany with the Stratos.  Hadn't driven that rally before.  It's good fun. Had a couple spins.  Sitting 3rd, but I'm sure that won't last.

Then downloaded Monte and did the first stage with the Stratos.  That's stupid good fun.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
2/21/21 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Sidewayze :

I've been driving Dirt Rally games for several years now.   The Stratos continues to bite me in the ass every time I drive it.  I picked up a puncture on the 3rd stage rolling through a chicane just a bit too fast.   

Sidewayze
Sidewayze Reader
2/21/21 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

At first I had a hard time with the Stratos, but with a bit of setup it's quite nice to drive, although it can bite if you let it get away at high speed.

The one I'm having a hard time with is the 037...

Sidewayze
Sidewayze Reader
2/21/21 7:10 p.m.

It appears I need some practice in Sweden....

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
2/21/21 7:16 p.m.

In reply to Sidewayze :

That's pretty funny, I feel the 037 has much better neutral steer and balance. I have to mess with the alignment of the stratos a lot to get it so it won't kill me.

For the Poland event, I tied Dead Tom/Maniac exactly on the first stage. Never had that happen before! Unfortunately the shakedowns for the first stage were completely different (high speed easy corners) from the rest of the stage, and my setup was awful and I didn't notice. I had to fight a very unstable car, shedding bits of metal here and there until I made it to the next service, where I revised my setup. It was better but still not as stable as I wanted. This time I saved my setup so I don't have to create it from scratch every time...

1 ... 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ID6lyexFHbkG2DlJ4L6wgq84TsANBSes1mgxo3jKUyltD3jParNvz9km4TQdfCxI