RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/20/20 11:40 a.m.

Anyone playing? Anyone planning on playing? Anyone care?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/20 11:45 a.m.

I'm holding off till a sale because I have no idea what's going on with my house closing date in 18 days. I'm really really interested though, and should probably go back and finish 2016 in the mean time.

The previews and things I've heard have been attention grabbing, but I haven't seen any gameplay footage yet.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/2/20 4:03 p.m.

It's fun. Fast paced, violent, rewarding. Interesting story so far, lots of cool demons too. I'm not a fan of the forced weapon mods yet, but I don't have very many either. 

The original Doom was the reason my straight A college grades dropped to a C one semester in my junior year.

Do not regret.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/2/20 4:36 p.m.

Good:

• Insane optimization
  • Great graphics
  • Its FAST
  • Excellent combat
  • Its difficult.  Im maybe halfway through on Ultra-Violence and its quite hard.  I've never had to take the easy way out in any previous Doom game, but I did after losing to the Gladiator about 40 times.

Meh:

• Platforming

Bad:

• Progression system/upgrades/crap is just way over the top.  It was bad in 2016, but now its just too much IMO.
  • The core gameplay change:  the fire kills = armor, glory = health, chainsaw = ammo.  Its just not as fun for some reason.  You have *very limited* resources and it just feels a little wrong :(.  Maybe its just because I can't get the rhythm for it, but the big battles are just not as fun for me as 2016.

Overall its pretty awesome, but in a way I think they went too far.  Doom 2 was Doom turned to 11.  I was kind of hoping that's what it would be here.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yR0AMUHONUBgqnrLdSivLSsMBujyQNBB4n2XNmk0Vl4EMwWhFqFPte5wmLtWTAZW