1 ... 21 22 23 24 25
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/6/17 2:02 p.m.

I can't stop building stuff. At this point, I just go and scavenge for stuff to build with. I probably should keep following the story line.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/6/17 2:04 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

Don't look up youtube videos of people building up areas. They get pretty crazy.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/6/17 2:09 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

I already have and most of those people were PC users, because the Xbone version is not as forgiving with building.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/14/17 11:03 p.m.

Well I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/19/17 10:34 p.m.

Well I'm officially hooked.

Did anyone ever mention this game is horrible for a person with ADD?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/19/17 10:43 p.m.

For whatever reason, Bethesda games drive me to stay away from their main quests as long as possible. Probably so I don't 'miss something', but then when I get to some big 'boss battle' I usually end up saying 'is that it?' and continue on another side quest. Won't stop me from buying the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/21/17 1:51 a.m.

Alright, I have to ask, but is it worth me dishing out $50 for the Season Pass? I really like the Contraptions DLC and some of the other ones look fun as well.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/21/17 9:24 a.m.

I have never paid for DLC. I wont feed that wild animal but it appears everyone else does. I will cave one of these games...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/21/17 9:29 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Alright, I have to ask, but is it worth me dishing out $50 for the Season Pass? I really like the Contraptions DLC and some of the other ones look fun as well.

Hold off until it's on sale again. I managed to get the ultimate edition with all the dlc for $55 during a sale over the summer.

The 2 big dlc are worth it though, Hell nuka world is worth it on it's own.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/22/17 11:48 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

I already own the game. I have a $25 Target gift card burning a hole in my pocket. So the season pass will end up being $25.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/17 5:52 p.m.

Just fired up the game for the first time in six months. It was great fun. I wasted most of Saturday night playing.

calteg
calteg Dork
1/24/17 6:59 a.m.

I'm about to hit level 100 on survival mode. I've put way, way too much of my life into this game.

edit: Season pass is worth it. Nuka World and Far Harbor add content, all the other DLC is biased towards adding more settlement bling

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/24/17 12:01 p.m.

I bought the Season Pass. Ended up being $28 with my gift card. I enjoy building the settlements and now that I have figured out the Perk situation, I have my supply lines set up and some settlements have stores, so I can make some bottlecaps. Hopefully I can start buying building supplies instead of hoping that I find stuff.

dean1484
1/24/17 7:57 p.m.

The key I found is to set up as many water purifiers as you can and then make sure you have the perk that lets you fast travel while carrying over your limit. You can make caps fast that way.

dean1484
1/24/17 8:01 p.m.

I have another character that I created before the update. I copied just short of 900 million caps worth of adhesive shipments. I calculated that based on the selling price of 500 caps per shipment so that number may be a bit low and it does not include a bunch of other shipments I copied as well.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/24/17 8:21 p.m.

I have gotten back into this. Been playing my Melee only character. It is quite something taking on a Mirelurk Queen with a baseball bat . I took a LOT of drugs to take that big bitch down.

I am using explosives though. It would be insane to go hand to hand only.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/27/17 11:57 a.m.

Had to take a break. I'm too obsessed, plus I've already made it to the institute without going through all the factions.

Can someone fill me in on how to be on the good side of all the factions?

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/28/17 11:24 a.m.

Been playing off and on for a few weeks now, not really pursuing quests too much but just exploring and discovering locations. Been playing mostly without power armor, not intentionally, I just was low on fusion cores for a while and now I keep forgetting to go back and suit up, and I end up just mowing through enemies without it. I need to get my settlements set up and producing caps for me.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/29/17 9:31 p.m.

I had forgotten how amazingly handy the robot DLC is. I'm working on maxing out all the companions, but hadn't picked up any new ones outside of the DLC packs for a while. Building a companion than can haul 500lbs of stuff AND shoot lazers and fire at everything is just awesome. I might finally be able to checkout all the building stuff.

I'm in a weird place with the factions though, and I'm not sure how to proceed. The raiders from Nuka World seem to want me to give up all my minute man locations. I don't care so much about that, as I got the castle and think I finished their story, but I haven't been progressing at all along the main story line. I still haven't found the institute on this playthough yet.

In my past playthoughs, and from reading online, there isn't really a way to keep all the factions happy. And for me personally, none of the factions matched the way I play or think or feel, so it's kind of hard to pick a winner.

Regarding power armor, I wear it when I find it, then take it home when I clear the area. Sanctuary Hills has over a dozen full sets, and pieces for at least 20 more. I have them all standing in a field like a platoon.

My biggest problem right now is finding lead. Lead is the most important part of making bullets at basecamp, and seems to be one of the rarer things in the game. Grabbing every pencil, weight, makeshift battery, and shipment I can find, and it's still not enough to keep me well supplied.

For the most part, selling prewar money, cigarettes, and ammo for gun types I don't use, lets me buy anything I want and drain the stores account at the same time. I haven't noticed a real need for cap generation at home, but I could always have more.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/16/17 8:58 a.m.

So, I never realized that you could exceed 99 on defense of a settlment. I've made the castle impregnable and added 20 gun turrets along with manned defensive positions on hte walls. Defense: 146. Boom. I think I'm going to do that at all my settlements.

dean1484
2/16/17 6:17 p.m.

I finished the island dlc thing. It was fun.

I am now in Nuka World.

I am going to just kill everyone. I have no like for any of the raders there.

But I have a challenge. I am going to try and see how many I and get out in the clearing just outside the gate and the use nukes on them. Should be fun. It would be epic if can get 50 of them at once.

I look at Nuka World as basically a place to go mental.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
2/16/17 7:42 p.m.

I made a new game just to build E36 M3. Downloaded the mods to do it and that's it. I will mod the guns in the game and power armor, but I'm just running around building settlements. I just built a fishing pier out at Nordhagen Beach, because why not?

Unfortunately I downloaded one recently that messed up the space to use at Starlight Drive-In and I can now only get about 3 feet from the workshop and it drops out of workshop mode. I disabled the one I thought was affecting it and no go. I'll have to play around with it, because that's one of my favorite buildable areas. Also one of these mods is seriously lagging my game and sometimes freezing it up.

At some point I'll disable all of them and get back to my original game.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/19/17 7:21 a.m.

i also just started using the supply routes. pretty awesome. I'm burning through caps trying to get all these settlements self sufficient though.

EDIT: also, didn't realize there was a cap on how much can be built at a settlement. hit 185 defense, food/water/beds for everyone there and then it capped me. Maybe I should take down a turret or 12. I only have 34 up.raiders and supermutants are pulverized instantly.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
2/19/17 1:31 p.m.

Not sure about PC or XBox, but there is a glitch for PS4 that lets you keep on building after you've reached the limit. I've learned a ton from Youtube videos.

dean1484
2/20/17 12:53 p.m.

So I did the nuke a cola world kill everyone thing. Lots of fun. The draw them out and then nuk the only really worked with the group that I by the market that has a bunch of people in cages. But I still got about 30 of them out in the open with me up on the stairs I went to town on them with nukes. Lots of fun

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VREAHkF4cl6kLQv8pYSEDEz6KEME1Xm4yqp0QoOdGoFQf224nT0jzYdzyPIwY5h4