1 2
AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
11/26/18 12:24 a.m.

So far I've only played solo, because I hate people, but I am considering building a medic and trying to join up with a group. Maybe the game is better in groups. I hope.

XBone: MarikBathory

AClockworkGarage
11/27/18 1:43 p.m.
RevRico said:

, an invisible pip boy

Surprisingly enough the invisible pip boy is a feature, not a bug. It allows you to keep an eye out while using the pip boy, since checking it no longer pauses the game. You can toggle it on/off using the change view button while the pip boy is active.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/27/18 1:53 p.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

No, it was completely gone. No text, screen, or anything. I'd bring my wrist up to check, and there was just vault suit. Lasted about 2 minutes after I left a building. 

I hear there's an incoming patch for "stability improvements" and a carry weight bump. Once that comes out I'm going to give it a try again. I really want to explore and get eaten by all the new monsters. I also added you on Xbox for when I get back to it. 

AClockworkGarage
11/27/18 11:14 p.m.

I got ya.

I logged in as a floating head the other day.

today I got a wanted marker for helping in an event, that wouldn't go away. I just sat naked in a chair at the overseer's camp as people took turns killing me.

Typical tuesday.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/2/18 4:36 p.m.

My folks just got me this. 50gig download update on 5meg dsl. 20 hours in power spike from the high winds kills power to everything. Son of a .......

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/3/18 7:32 a.m.

finally! 2AM it finished! Got to play about 2 hours this morning. The only glitch I ran across was a Scorched half in a rock...... which is typical Fallout glitches IMO. While all the controls are familiar the game has a very desolate feel. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/3/18 5:42 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Next update comes tomorrow. I hope, for your sake, they're figured out how to send just the update instead of another full download again. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/4/18 10:12 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

the update is "only" 3GB. I've got 5 hours into it, level 6 and I love the game. The scenery is amazing. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/18 11:19 a.m.

The wife has been playing this and after starting up a character.....it didnt save it

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/5/18 7:20 a.m.

Ran the update last night when I went to bed. This morning a little glitchy in the graphics but no real issues. I hate having to constantly eat and drink though.... I wish there was a way to turn that off. 

Thanks to watching all those hours of youtubes I have been collecting and scrapping weapons like mad and at level 6 had a long barrel, scoped hunting rifle and a well prepped pump shotgun. 

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
12/11/18 9:23 a.m.

I really wanted to like it, but nope, just can't do it. There many other (better) games I'd rather spend my time on.

This looks very promising for 2019 if you are a Fallout RPG style fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGLTgt0EEqc

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/13/18 1:24 p.m.

I forgot about this thread. Oops.

So, one on my co-workers has been playing this on his PS4. He never really played any of the Fallouts before. We have been talking about it since late Nov.

I wasn't going to pay full price for it since I'm still on the fence. So I've been watching Amazon for a "used" PC copy. Well I found one on GameStop. The pics showed Fallout 76 but all the info was for Fallout 4. It was listed as a used PC copy of Fallout 4. I bought it for $13.97.

It showed up as a brand new copy of Fallout 76, complete with the GameStop "exclusive" sticker. I was a little nervous when I registered the game key, but it is legit.

Score!

So far, I have just dicked around in the vault. I'll get into it more this weekend.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/13/18 4:02 p.m.

I'm up to level 15. Slowly figuring out the building metrics for your CAMP. Love the game. the map is massive, so much stuff everywhere. Can't get enough aluminum though.... always needing it. 

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
12/13/18 4:25 p.m.

I like it, but it is a glitchy mess, up to level 18 and have had at least 8 full boots, 5 system crashes and only god knows how many random pain in the ass glitches.

If I was not still healing from a skin graft over the past few weeks (and next) I would have moved on by now.

PS4: Arsefaced207, I’ll be on for the rest of the month lol.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/14/18 5:27 a.m.

PS4 same name as here. I’m usually only on in the early mornings before work. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZFa15vWo4Ue9bgyDUL8rJOKvqFtPQJc0vfw3BpPhvTaXjGm0x8ODsTmKclESdqzo