1 2
AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
9/30/17 1:50 a.m.

Anyone else miss 4?

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/4/17 8:26 a.m.

4 is the last one I got.  Been a few years since I plugged in the xbox, but I recently scored a free Microsoft Racing wheel, now I have 2 of those in addition to my Fanatec. 

I forsee some head to head battles with my brothers at some point, Getting my kid set up and learning how to race and drift, etc....

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
10/12/17 8:30 p.m.

Anybody else have 7 yet? I am enjoying it and think it's a decent step up from 6.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury Reader
10/18/17 5:56 p.m.

I've been playing Forza 7 (on Xbox) since the 9/29 release.  I've logged 603 miles to date.  So far, it's been a mixed bag for me.  

Pros:

- Graphics are stunning

- Physics feel great

- Option to adjust length of races in career mode

Cons:

- No more class-based Rivals events

- Lots of little bugs (display, tuning, glitches, etc.)

- Homologation is a neat idea, but limits gameplay options

- Less overall "freedom" to grab a car, upgrade it, and run it in a class

I think if they add the class-based rivals hoppers, it will add back a lot of value for me (that's where I spent 80% of my time in previous Forzas). Current;y, I'm just working my way through career mode hoping they add proper rivals back in. Otherwise, I'm not sure how much value I'll get out of the game past career mode.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
10/20/17 1:08 p.m.

I haven't spent much time in rivals in past games so I can't really speak on that. I do think that the career mode has been so focused that I haven't really gotten bored enough to do the old, tune an old quirky car to punch above its weight class. I also think that there were some dubious choices made in cars that are excluded, they got rid of the wonderful collection of 80's and 90's toyotas. Those were always favorites of mine. All in all, I think this game is ripe for updates and dlc's.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J HalfDork
12/14/17 2:12 a.m.

The Toyotas are absent because of Toyota... something along the line of "we are against people modifying our production cars for racing purposes. Last time I ever buy a Toyota product... actually I've only owned one, for a very short time, and ditched it after the engine committed suicide on my way to work.

EthanTrammell
EthanTrammell New Reader
1/3/18 11:04 p.m.

4 was the best. But the recent 7 has some or I can say many issues. Issues with PC and even with Xbox. Gaming is going tough with both the equipments. There was even a problem that the game saved was being deleted due some instruction error. Recently I got to hear that these issues have been resolved. Devs are on talking terms with the Xbox people to resolve the deletion problem as well. I along with my friends have been reading all news regarding the game for extra resources. We are desperate to play the game in full fledge.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
3/14/18 12:14 p.m.

I scooped up 7 this past weekend for XBOne and have been getting some seat (controller?) time in. I skipped 6, but had 3-5 as well as Horizon and Horizon 2. I used to run a racing league on 3-4 called the CAM Challenge (before SCCA stole my name!) exclusive to muscle cars.

I am enjoying it so far, I wish there were some lower class hoppers online (D, E, F) as that is what I enjoy racing. I guess C will have to do.

I'm not having MANY bug issues but I have experienced a few times where the game has "frozen" and I had to restart.

I'm trying to drive exclusively in-car and with as few assists as I can manage (braking line only, no ABS/TCS, normal steering) and I am putting down OK lap times, but as usual I get tangled up with people. I've won and podiumed a couple times already anyway.

I want to buy the Totino's car pack... but I promised myself I wouldn't buy any DLC this time. Plus, the lack of D-E-F hoppers negates the reasons I want it.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
3/20/18 12:34 a.m.

Rivals mode is what has put FM in a death spiral.  People used to race online, but that went away with Rivals mode.  I absolutely hate rivals mode.  Usually, I just take the very first clean flying lap I get, because it’s such a waste of a game mode.  Glad they seem to be killing it off finally.

League events are where I spend most of my time these days.  You win weekly prizes just for competing, a FE car or a suit, and there’s a FE car at the end if the month as well.  First race of the day nets you $20k, first podium of the day, $50k.  Leveling up in the league gets you $100k.  And you still get your regular prizes for your driver levels and races. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
3/20/18 1:17 p.m.

I'll have to check that out. It would be good to race something different, and not see the same cars over and over again dominating the lobby because it's a ringer for that class.

AClockworkGarage
3/21/18 12:49 p.m.

I'm still peeved that there is no AI in private multiplayer lobbies. I don't want to play with a bunch of random people online, if I wanted to interact with a buch of random people I wouldn't be at home in my underwear playing video games, would I?

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
3/23/18 7:47 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

No you'd be at WalMart in your underwear like a normal person!

AClockworkGarage
3/23/18 12:47 p.m.

I just feel that, with all of it's new features, Forza 7 is trying to tell me that my fun is wrong.

The homologation pretty much eliminates modifying cars, since I can't race them anywhere if I do, and no AI in multiplayer seems like such a staple of racing games since... forever that leaving it out is somehow insulting.

And the driver's suits. Why has so much effort been put into a game feature that dies literally nothing?

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
3/23/18 12:56 p.m.

I feel you, my biggest complaint still is that there are no hoppers for the lower classes. Why bother having F, E, and D classes in the game if they aren't represented online? I used to LOVE the multi-class hoppers in FM4 also. If they could bring back the FM4 online experience, FM7 would be by far the best.

Homologation is good and bad, I understand it for single player, and if you're in the "Breakout" hoppers online you can race whatever you bring. I think the homologation would be good for running a racing league, so all the cars are on a fairly level playing field. When I used to run the CAM Challenge league back on Forza 3, we had rules for the car builds, and it made for very competitive racing.

As far as the driver suits, I think it's a neat little feature, and another way to customize your "experience".

I'll never understand how come it seems no matter what kind of accident I get into, I always come out way worse than the other person...

AClockworkGarage
3/23/18 2:43 p.m.

I like the homologation, but not for every event. Was it 4 that had the different classes like 5 cylinder, and awd, over 500hp, ect?

Also, why do we have 100 off road vehicles and no off road courses? Not even any dirt. I've played 'Horizon' Turn 10, I know you have the code.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
3/24/18 10:18 a.m.

I don't know if I ever played ANY single player on 4, so I couldn't tell you.

I do find the off-road vehicles to be an odd addition as well. There must be a class for them or something.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
4/1/18 8:00 a.m.

I guess I can stop my bitching since they have an E class hopper now (which, might I add, I am dominating with a classic Mini and a '53 Corvette). They must rotate the classes? Also loving the "Rebirth of Muscle" hopper.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
4/1/18 5:53 p.m.

Ha, I was just coming on here to tell you they have an E class hopper!  

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
4/2/18 9:08 a.m.

I need to do some work on my Mini, I was getting beat up pretty bad last night. It needs more power and I think it could do with less grip to free up the points. I built a squareback Civic last night after getting beat by a few Hondas and was able to consistently get podiums... with a 5-minute build. I think I could do it with the classic Mini if I spent a little time on it.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
4/25/18 4:18 p.m.

Update: I am really enjoying the current Sim hopper- Sport Compact. I was dominating with a new MX-5, which then earned me the MX-5 Forza Edition. The FE has a wider stance, Rocket Bunny- style flares, wider tires, and is lighter than the standard MX-5 by 100 or so pounds. It also has better gearing and comes with a lot of adjustable stuff right out of the box. It is an absolute BEAST in the Sport Compact class.

I also just unlocked the Chevy SS Forza Edition by doing some drifting. All I can say is keep an eye on Forzavista, and you can earn some really cool cars.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J HalfDork
6/25/18 5:56 p.m.

I've been doing lots of stuff at theonlineracingassociation.com and 2old4forza.com on Forza 7. Some stupidly serious, and some ridiculously casual. The game does have its flaws, but if you discount the bad and focus on the good, the racing can be great.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/11/18 12:43 p.m.

So I opened up forza 7 for the first time in a while. They added angle kits for the drifting crowd which is neat but it also looks like a lot of cars that were previously hard to get are just available for purchase at the dealer now.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/14/18 10:24 a.m.

In case you missed it this week, the drag racing “quick mode” update was released Tuesday.  There are a few other things in the update, and a free ‘84 Skyline JGTC racecar.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
10/3/18 9:41 a.m.

October update is out.  Free car is the Roush IMSA GTO Merkur XR4ti.  Lots of new Forza Edition cars on my XP level ups.  ‘57 Chevy, Escalade, and F100 so far.  Next one to win is the BMW M6 for me. 

AClockworkGarage
10/4/18 1:57 p.m.

I do love the IMSA cars, probably my second favourite group.

They still haven't added AI to the multiplayer races, so it's still a deal breaker for me. Why can't i race in a private lobby with 2 or 3 friends and pad the field out with AI cars?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ag0J3nq0jFBToWjB6uZPNbgdDcCojHCG0QOM1wJiayQp27iKst0rEBV7CGSgaPW3