1 2
failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/9/14 6:19 p.m.

Been seeing articles pop up on this lately...they just posted on facebook that its going to release (in Sept) in both xbox one and 360.

Im friggin excited. I had already sadly accepted I probably couldnt play it on 360.

All I ask is that they include the Vandura

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/9/14 7:18 p.m.

It's available on both. Just different developers.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
6/10/14 12:58 p.m.

Meh. One of the HUGE problems with the original was just how small and contrived the world around you was. Despite all its glaring faults, Test Drive Unlimited should have been their benchmark all along. I'm not yet convinced that the new game has addressed this aside from letting you drive anywhere.

Never mind the horribly annoying music you had to endure every time you changed, modified, or painted cars.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/10/14 2:59 p.m.

I read or watched something within the past week that said you can in fact just turn off the road and drive anywhere. Unfortunately it sounds like it STILL is going to be nowhere near the size of TDU/TDU2

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/10/14 3:05 p.m.

At least the start menu's music was ok.....

I probably won't bother with Horizon 2 as the first was kind of pointless to begin with. About the only fun thing to do was ramp E36 M3 at the golf course.

The game only existed because EA is screwing with them over the licensing for Porsche.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/10/14 3:17 p.m.

still the driving physics are great for an "arcade" racing game. It still feels a lot like forza but with more grip.

I tried to play a little Midnight Club LA the other night and after an hour or so it went back in the box. Grand Theft Auto (4 and 5) have more entertaining driving physics than midnight club (or any EA racing game for that matter.)

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/11/14 3:17 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

NFS rivals wasn't horrible, but by no means realistic.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/11/14 3:32 p.m.

last NFS I tried was Shift 2. Which was a pretty big step forward I think for NFS, but it still bothered me (quite a bit, actually) that different driving modes had completely different physics. Forget trying to use a wheel with the game, you get it set up acceptably for one driving mode and its impossible to control the car in another. I don't think I put up with it for any more than a week.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/11/14 3:37 p.m.

I don't hold much for h2. I was able complete a large portion of 1 in less than a week and I was still employed..... It was too small and too bare bones.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt Reader
6/15/14 5:06 a.m.

I really liked Horizon, and I'm looking forward to H2. As long as I can blast through some winding mountain roads in a 57 Chevy again, I'll be happy.

I will say that online was ultra terrible due to all the rail riding and bumper cars.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
6/18/14 8:24 p.m.

I'll agree that H1 was a bit meh, but this sounds like they're addressing a lot of the complaints from the first and claiming the world is at least three times larger than H1's.

I'm kinda excited for this and a couple other games, and if nothing else, I'll make it easy for folks to shop for me this Christmas.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
6/19/14 10:26 a.m.

it would be GREAT if you could take photos online and/or save replays of free roam sessions to take photos later.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
7/1/14 5:56 p.m.

I was mostly disappointed that the roads were way too wide open and that the game was clearly made for children to race supercars. I want to drive normal cars on tight twisty roads.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
9/12/14 12:09 p.m.

The Launch video just came out:

http://youtu.be/xZKVoVsNglY

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/12/14 12:48 p.m.

I still need to watch it. Ill probably pick it up a couple weeks after it comes out. I have been watching the growing car list and it looks like they have revealed all the cars and currently no Vandura (yet).

Son, I am disappoint.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
9/12/14 1:25 p.m.

I have more fun attacking Fujimi Kaido in FM4 with almost any car than I did on 95% of the roads in horizon. Game was a let down for me.

Tralfaz
Tralfaz Reader
9/23/14 7:47 p.m.

I'm not much of a video game player, but the new commercial for this that starts out with slot cars is brilliant and has me pricing the xbox.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
9/24/14 2:10 a.m.

I'm still going to hold out until I see that the map isn't a square that takes all of 5 minutes to navigate.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
9/24/14 7:30 a.m.

Atoms, and Trophy Trucks, and Supercars, oh my. It'll go on my wish list, I think.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/24/14 8:53 a.m.

I'll be getting it. You guys should know my Xbox handle by now.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/24/14 12:01 p.m.

I actually preordered from amazon this morning.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
9/24/14 3:44 p.m.

I won't be getting it.....probably not even in 7mo when it'll be 9.99 in the discount bin.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
9/24/14 4:08 p.m.

I'm looking forward to it. I've said it before, FH is what NFS used to be a long time ago. I'll probably pick it up in the next few months.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
9/25/14 3:43 a.m.

Are they releasing it on 360?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
9/25/14 7:33 a.m.

I believe so yes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gn0YzsvBWQxpmw5QAJBsURTwvQnDdrP3NGYxNMlCzpQy7i601diSZSCftguURwub