1 2
jde
jde Reader
9/25/14 9:14 a.m.
Richard Nixon wrote: Are they releasing it on 360?

They are, but it's being developed separately by a different developer. Not sure if that bodes well...

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/25/14 11:14 a.m.

Its going to lack some of the xbox one features like weather.

But hey it supports fanatec wheels on 360 and not on xb1.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/26/14 1:02 p.m.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-2

Reviews so far are pretty strong, they are all for the xbox one version though. I read somewhere that the team working on the 360 version includes some of the folks who previously worked at Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham Racing series)

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
9/26/14 1:37 p.m.

Just pre-ordered the 360 version. My kids love Horizon, I'm kinda "meh" on it. I think they'll dig the cross country hooning and crashing about. "WOW, cool jump" will once again echo throughout the living room LOL!

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
9/26/14 5:53 p.m.

Drinking and gaming can be hazardous to your wallet, as I accidentally bought the version with all the DLC while trying to just figure out what it came with.

Ah well, I saved a few bucks over buying it all separately, and I moved my Horizon credit over to Project CARS when it releases in November.

The more racing games, the better!

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/30/14 7:47 p.m.

Mkay. Been playing for a few hours on the 360 version. Done maybe 5 races then sort of just screwing around with upgrades and wandering around the map. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but....

Someone on the internets (maybe even someone from T10) suggested that the map would be something like 3x larger than the first Horizon. It may be larger but its not that much bigger. Maybe 50% larger if I had to guess.

Somehow they managed to make this game look worse on 360 than its prequel. I feel like the environment in Horizon 1 was more detailed, and the lighting was much much better. This game looks bland and barren, there is a lot less vegetation and other objects scattered throughout the environment. I honestly think Horizon 1 looks closer to the Horizon 2 screenshots I have seen for Xbox One.

No more invisible walls. There are areas however where it seems like theres an endless guardrail on one side of the road or another. Yeah you can cut across the map and not have to just stick to the roads.

Aside from actual driving physics, Test Drive Unlimited 2 still KILLS Horizon when it comes to the massive open go anywhere environment.

You can import decals and stuff from Horizon 1. But not Forza 4 (like where I have created all my decals) So i have to see about importing my stuff to Horizon 1 if I want to import it to Horizon 2.

Upgrade system (and available parts) appears to be exactly the same as Horizon 1. Just adding parts, no tuning, No new wheels or aero pieces or anything.

Cars still drive like the stock tires are race slicks. Basic forza style physics with more grip.

Anything else you're curious about I can look into. It seems like a lot of features talked about in the Xbox one version were not even considered for the 360 version.

Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
9/30/14 9:27 p.m.

I got it on Xbox one, and you can tune the suspension, aero, etc like the regular Forza series. Rain makes for some fun driving in rwd cars!

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/30/14 9:49 p.m.

Horizon 2 comparison screenshots (XB1/360)
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/766131-forza-horizon-2-xbox-one-vs-xbox-360-comparison-shows-two-great-versions
Yes the 360 version does look that plain.

my original Horizon gallery...fer reference
https://www.flickr.com/photos/themattbaird/sets/72157631849594713/

chrispy
chrispy Reader
10/1/14 7:24 a.m.

I have a 360, is it worth getting Horizon 2 or scavenging the bargain bin for Horizon 1? I like Forza 4, and like the idea behind Horizon (especially the rallying/trophy truck aspect). I'll keep my eyes open for Test Drive Unlimited 2. No plans for an XB1.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
10/1/14 7:34 a.m.

You won't have any rallying or TT's in Horizon 1.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
10/1/14 7:45 a.m.

Thanks for that.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
10/1/14 9:13 a.m.

FH1 does have a dlc rally expansion. But all the races are solo time attack style. Its still a lot of fun..setting up muscle cars for stage rally and what not..beating your friends times with a vandura...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/1/14 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Uncoiled:

So, what is the verdict? I'm picking up a car today, so I doubt my wife wants me spending any more cash. Should I put it on my "want" list?

Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
10/1/14 11:22 a.m.

Its a lot of fun but its pretty much same game as the first one, just different setting and new cars but I like it a lot, for me it was worth it.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/1/14 11:40 a.m.

I'll probably get it in a week or two, then. A friend had plans to as well. I should probably beat destiny first. Then GTA comes out zomg.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
10/1/14 3:29 p.m.

Aw man, a little disappointed that FH2 isn't great on the 360. Was looking forward to buying a copy to play on my roommate's 360. I'm just going to wait until Christmas when he buys a Xbone and then buy FH2.

Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
10/1/14 4:37 p.m.

I got to play some more today and the offroad racing is actually pretty good, if you have a car set up properly.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
10/4/14 9:19 a.m.

The xbox one version looks awesome. I am sure its worth the cost of a new game.

Ive been playing more this morning on the 360 version. Will be posting up some screenshots and more thoughts later.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
10/4/14 1:30 p.m.

More 360 Details...

I took a couple screenshots today and "uploaded" them from the game. but I am not seeing them in my gallery on forzamotorsport.net. Maybe this is just another xbox one exclusive feature I will have to look into this again and see if theres something else i need to do to upload them to the website

Just like FH1, you can more or less tune your cars by mixing and matching parts to get them to handle and drive to your preferences. I am ok with that (although tuning would have been great). I wrote down some of my Horizon 1 "setups" and tried them out and the cars feel the same.

If you got the Rally DLC on FH1, you may recall you could add rally parts to ANY car. Which was awesome. I had a lot of fun putting together various RWD rally cars and thrashing them around. Rally parts are not available for all cars on Horizon 2. I could not recreate my Rally tuned 240SX, and its looking like most muscle cars dont offer rally parts either.

You may also remember the stage rally courses in FH1. The "rally" races I have done so far in FH2 are nowhere near as cool. You are however racing other cars, but they are more like the races on dirt roads in FH1.

You cant do a brakestand anymore. If you hit the brakes while your wheels are spinning the car just stops. So you cant just creep along at 5 mph scorching your tires. Not sure why that would have changed...

The roads are generally a lot wider than FH1. Many areas it feels like 1 lane is actually 2 lanes wide so to speak. Some areas of the map actually look pretty good, nearly as good as FH1. Mostly the areas around the towns. Some towns look better than others. The open spaces are where things seem to suffer from looking empty, or poor textures. The idea that the 360 "can't handle" a denser environment is hogwash, just look at games like GTA5 or TDU2.... I really feel the the game was held back deliberately from what it could have been so certain people could argue that "you need an Xbox 1 to get the full experience"

I have not tried online play yet. I have been reading rumors online that there is currently no online free roam option on the 360 yet. Even though it says right on the back of the box that you can online free roam with your friends.

All in all, still pretty fun. I dont think the 360 game itself is worth full price. Wait a while and get it for $20. If they come out with a rally expansion similar to FH1 (its T10, thats exactly the kind of crap they would pull) I probably would consider purchasing that because it was pretty fun.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
10/7/14 7:16 a.m.

Despite all my naysaying and complaining, I have been playing the game a lot the past few days. Im done posting bad news about it, the game is what it is and thats it.

I guess post up if you have the 360 version and want to try and meet up online. I dont know if my internets will be sufficient for this game or if i will lag punch you like crazy. There is a way to freeroam online but you can only play with friends, you cant join a random lobby.

my gt is ratR0 (with a zero)

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/13/14 6:49 a.m.

Oh man, this sucks for 360 owners. Glad I didn't buy it.

http://www.carthrottle.com/the-one-important-thing-that-microsoft-failed-to-tell-us-about-forza-horizon-2/

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/13/14 11:43 a.m.

I knew that day was coming, lets just all hope they do indeed keep Horizon and FM franchises separate. Horizon is arcade mode, so finish moving FM to a sim.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KzIHj1HcWB85rwCM9dl3NyxVXkQqNu5oWlgIQ5Gw04uvELQPnQDu6x3zm0liJYhh