1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/7/19 3:35 a.m.

I keep forgetting that my '90 Legacy RS is the best general purpose A class car ever. Rally all the things must actually be the best way.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/19 7:10 a.m.
skylarhagler said:

Well I finally got it. Working my way through to get some cars. Gamer tag is kzx_crackerjack

Good news- we usually drive cheap trash. 

Bad news- I have a LOT of cheap trash.  

skylarhagler
skylarhagler New Reader
4/7/19 7:20 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

i love cheap trash. Fancy cars are boring.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/7/19 10:16 a.m.

Leave us alone with the expensive trash long enough and it becomes cheap trash. Example; my gold wrapped agera on rally tires.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/19 11:39 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

But do you have the Louis Vuitton edition? I know I do  

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/7/19 10:35 p.m.

Got another drift zone 3-starred. I have the XTS Limo set up with the largest engine, front drive, and max PSI in the rear tires. I'm basically lunch tray drifting, holding the parking brake through most of the zone. The nice thing is I can dial in and recover from some past 90° angles, which seems to make the counter advance faster. It just doesn't work on narrow roads.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/8/19 10:04 a.m.
Mike said:

Got another drift zone 3-starred. I have the XTS Limo set up with the largest engine, front drive, and max PSI in the rear tires. I'm basically lunch tray drifting, holding the parking brake through most of the zone. The nice thing is I can dial in and recover from some past 90° angles, which seems to make the counter advance faster. It just doesn't work on narrow roads.

Interesting approach. Never tried it. I should. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/19 12:44 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I've driven the entire divided highway this way. I want to try it again with simulated damage. I imagine dragging the rears five miles at 65 has the potential for flat-spotting.

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/8/19 12:47 p.m.

You guys hear about the upcoming Drift Adventure mode?

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-horizon-4-drift-adventure-next-month 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/8/19 1:08 p.m.

I don't think that will keep me playing much longer than it takes to get the achievements for it. I need another island or something at this point. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/8/19 5:17 p.m.

I'm apparently gonna need to learn to drive rwd.  

RevRico
4/9/19 6:50 a.m.

The crown Vic is going to be next season's 80% reward. Dammit, I'm getting sick of this game but I do want a cop car since thousands of wheel spins haven't produced one yet. 

And after looking at the rest of the next "year" rewards, is the only one I don't already own. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/9/19 7:11 a.m.

I just wondered how many different versions of Cleetus McFarland's "clickbait patrol" livery are out there already. 

To be fair that car is hillarious and makes me want a big power crown vic every time I see it. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
4/9/19 7:53 a.m.

Here’s the condensed version of what’s coming...

https://youtu.be/HwppPkwgDCk

And I was wrong, Mndsm, it’s more cars get wheel spacers, no arches.  There will be more body kits added though.  And the Free Roam Rush has been taken out of the Street and asphalt Circuit events.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/19 11:15 a.m.

OE36 M3 son. With the new paint options coming, I can do some cool E36 M3 to a slab sided car. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/19 11:16 a.m.
racerfink said:

And I was wrong, Mndsm, it’s more cars get wheel spacers, no arches.  There will be more body kits added though.  And the Free Roam Rush has been taken out of the Street and asphalt Circuit events.

Buncha whiners need to learn to drive tarmac on rally tires. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/9/19 6:33 p.m.

holy crap that layer mask option is going to be a gamechanger for liveries.  especially if you can group layer masks. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/19 8:24 p.m.
failboat said:

holy crap that layer mask option is going to be a gamechanger for liveries.  especially if you can group layer masks. 

You can. I already did a reverse cut Louis Vuitton. It's too subtle for most, but its brilliant. I am reasonably certain that you can mask over vinyls too, so....the idea of running a fade on top of a paint job with a reverse cut mask on thsat.....

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/19 9:25 p.m.

Drift adventure. Super fun. Will do again. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
4/9/19 11:28 p.m.
Mndsm said:
racerfink said:

I'm glad it's gone. Too many trees a la Raab.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/10/19 4:15 a.m.

I got one rush win in becsause my Legacy was better at doing 160mph across a field than whatever the other guy brought.

Also. Accidentally bringing a rallycross car on slicks to a cross country adventure. Oops. Somehow didn't suck that bad but it was a bit tricky at times.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/10/19 7:05 a.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:
Mndsm said:
racerfink said:

I'm glad it's gone. Too many trees a la Raab.

That was the gamble. Trees for glory, or safety. 

RevRico
4/10/19 9:34 a.m.

most likely on April 9th:

•           A+B Class RWD
  •           A+B Class AWD
  •           S1+S2 Class RWD
  •           S1+S2 Class AWD

So it looks like Car Classes will be combined, so you could be driving a B-Class RWD car while a friend is in their A-Class RWD in the same event. This is designed to offer more flexibility when choosing a car at the start of the Adventure, but the difference between B and A can be huge. We’ll have to wait and see what the mode is like at launch.

Sop good news is, we should only need 4 cars. I guess better news is that it counts as adventure for next months big completion. 

They really need another actual update though.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/10/19 6:07 p.m.

oh berkeley yeah. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/10/19 8:42 p.m.

So it turns out either Rico and I are good or the a list clientele aren't playing drift adventure. We won both events that we entered and took most of the rounds between the two of us. Either way I made a lot of people upset with my choice in vehicle. Pink miata ftw. 

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iQMOmyVVMxAqcMTMCBtl7iolwfkisP3QhEIG9TyFW8N6cTSDTHdaZFqV64c4mlR3