1 2 3 4 ... 22
failboat
failboat UberDork
9/17/18 12:52 p.m.

Demo keeps crashing after the intro race on my pc. It was bugging me to upgrade my drivers and still no dice. 

But it seems to look better and run smoother than Horizon 3 for me, maybe increased framerate? I feel like the lighting has improved or something. 

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
9/19/18 9:07 a.m.

The kid has been playing the demo nearly every day.  I played some yesterday and I think the offroad/rally events are much better than Horizon 3.  The rest is about the same but with better graphics - its a pretty game.  Looking forward to wasting too much time on it this winter.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
9/21/18 8:59 a.m.

I have seen nothing enticing about this game what-so-ever.  Think I’ll wait until the discounts start happening.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
9/21/18 10:36 a.m.

I'll probably get it. I wanted to hate the England map idea  but I like what I've seen so far.

failboat
failboat UberDork
9/23/18 3:20 p.m.

i just preordered the base game. Im on pc but its cross platform compatible with xbox. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/23/18 4:20 p.m.

Game pass kids. Free if you take 3 minutes a day to get Microsoft points, $10/month otherwise. 

Grab a one month subscription to try things out, that's the only reason I'm going to play it till wreck fest drops. 

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
9/28/18 12:45 p.m.

I like it so far, but feel like we don't need over an hour of guidance before you're finally turned loose to do what you want.

My other minor gripe is that it takes forever to receive your dlc cars.  I was finally hoping this is the title that would give you a one-button option to collect them all at once.

RevRico
10/3/18 9:26 a.m.

I hate what they've done to the fast travel system.

Yea, I know, racing game, I want to drive that's why I play, but I'm so sick of having to go back and forth manually already. Sure, once some money comes in I can buy properties sort of around the map, but come on. Most of my time seems to be going from as far East as possible back to the west side.

Otherwise, feels like more of the same, for the good and bad that comes with it. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/3/18 11:35 a.m.

Purchase the Fairlawn Manor property (2 million) and it unlocks fast travel anywhere. Plus 10 super wheelspins.  Good chance you would make a lot of your money back with those.  TBH I had to google horizon 4 fast travel to figure out what you were talking about......I guess I need to save up for that house. 

I bought a 200k property last night and with the 3 wheel spins that came with it I made back 170k with 2 of them. I admit that its rare you get the high dollar payouts but that was nice. 

RevRico
10/3/18 11:03 p.m.

In reply to failboat :

I saw that building right after I spent 400k on other buildings around the map. 

I really really hope all the clothing, horns, and emotes will quit coming up on my wheel spins when I unlock them all. Freaking annoying. 

Up to 1.1 million when I hopped off tonight, so I should get it tomorrow. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/5/18 7:42 a.m.

The rally races are great as well as all the different surface types and how they feel. I like the map a lot better than australia. More windy roads and a great variety of scenery especially with the seasons.

Mostly grinding the rally races and drift zones, with the cars i have. 

As per usual...taking any rwd car and throwing rally suspension and tires is a ton of fun. Rally miata? Yes. Any muscle car ever? Omg yes.

RevRico
10/5/18 1:18 p.m.

I need to build a better drift car to finish the drift, and my X class 918 isn't quite enough for the danger signs. 

I've had great luck using my rally sti (05) on drift events, but as I type this I'm putting the finishing touches on a 1000hp Austin black cab that I'm hoping will drift well. I really wanted the gremlin to be a drift car, but even on stock tires it grips for days. 

I'm into the grindy, do everything 1000 times to finish it part now. Going to be spending a lot of time doing the stories over and over for 3 stars each. 

Feel free to jump into my session or send an invite any time. I got to play with Nixon again yesterday for the first time in a long time. 

little bit of a power upgrade, but still on stock tire compound. 315 front and 325 rear widths, but stock compound. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/5/18 3:27 p.m.

I find horizon winter almost as annoying as real winter. They give me a free Corvette and it immediately starts snowing. That being said my 520hp supercharged Monaro on snow tires and rally suspension is amazing.

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
10/7/18 12:09 a.m.

I've been having a blast hoarding cars from the auction house. Well that, and doing races in my D100 Peel P50.

RevRico
10/7/18 12:11 a.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon - Jordan :

You didn't motor swap yours did you? I did, it's C class, S with off-road tires. 300hp in a 400lb vehicle is maybe too much, at least in 3 wheels. It's not my friend and actively wants to kill me. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/7/18 4:55 a.m.

I just unlocked and the drift club yesterday and subsequently 3 starred all of them. All the cars are much more power than i usually prefer but were all tuned well....i wonder if the build presets in the game are actually for these cars.....i want those tunes.

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/8/18 4:22 a.m.

Fun playing a couple races w you guys last night. I dont have a mic currently. Maybe soon.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/9/18 2:09 p.m.

Did the drift club missions, then built a V8 s14 and started drifting every where. Actually I built 2. I think I actually like my tame 460hp stock body car more than my rocket bunny car with 666hp. Maybe the rocket bunny car is getting turbos and more power later.

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/9/18 2:18 p.m.

I think my LS swapped car above only has around 450 hp.  A775.  Street tires. 

I have another one that may be less than 300 hp and slides almost as well. Stock tires, increased tire pressure, and 4.90 final drive goes a long way.  I have a tune jotted down from FH3 for a ~200hp 240sx drift car. 

Its kind of fun crushing drift zones in a B class car and seeing your rankings right in the middle of a bunch of S1 cars. 

RevRico
10/9/18 2:52 p.m.

Yea, I go all power for drift builds. If the zones were about 2 feet wider I'd have them all done by now, but without fail, STI, black cab, 22B, everything slides just outside the drift zone and I can't get the turn in back. 

I need to fumble around with more tunes. I still have the Forza tuner app on my phone, but without writing everything down, it's a pain to use. 

The black cab is really promising, but it needs suspension tweaks, and I'm really not sure where to start.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
10/10/18 12:47 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Screenshot is your friend.

RevRico
10/14/18 1:47 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

For the phone maybe. When you need to get into the parts section to find tires, weight, dyno charts, power, then bank into tune it's kind of annoying.

I'm done doing weekly challenges as of now. Had 4.8 of 7 million skill points for this week's challenge, just ran a race, and I'm down to 100 berkeleying points. It just erased everything. Seems to be going around to according to the internets. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/14/18 2:29 p.m.

It quit counting my cross country races I noticed so I didn't do any more of them. In other news though I finally got the fast travel house, and the super wheelspins came up to close to 2 million in credits after I did that. So I went on an auction house buying spree. I also built a 991 turbo rally car because it made sense at the time.

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/15/18 2:20 p.m.

I feel like I have been grinding quite a bit. I have completed all the cross country races. I think I still have to run a couple more again to get my level maxed out. 

I kind of fall back on using certain cars and just use blueprints to keep using the same car for everything. So far its been just finding a car that is easy to win with to just rack up the wins, A800 tune I downloaded for the Class 5 Baja bug really rips. 

Currently trying to save up for the $5 mill house that gives you double forzathon points for everything

I would definitely do a lot of the races again (particularly the rally races) with something else.  Like aforementioned muscle cars with rally tires and suspension. Winter season is just meh...I think I prefer the non snowy seasons. 

Mostly just been grinding solo on the career races. Will probably venture a lot more online when I run out of things to do. 

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
10/18/18 4:09 a.m.
RevRico said:

Yea, I go all power for drift builds. If the zones were about 2 feet wider I'd have them all done by now, but without fail, STI, black cab, 22B, everything slides just outside the drift zone and I can't get the turn in back. 

I need to fumble around with more tunes. I still have the Forza tuner app on my phone, but without writing everything down, it's a pain to use. 

The black cab is really promising, but it needs suspension tweaks, and I'm really not sure where to start.

I built a Bentley 8 Litre to drift about in. It's not bad, mostly.

1 2 3 4 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ldEIBpZGrCRVoTriFKTfPusL98mwi7voJNQQACqmSNjrMIlneNa5YKuNAFrbtP44