ShinnyGroove
ShinnyGroove Reader
3/26/20 10:43 a.m.

I'm way better with real cars than imaginary ones, but I have a Playstation 3 and and a Logitech G920 control set.  In true Grassroots fashion, I built a "simulator" with scrap plywood and a spare seat from an F body Trans Am.

My son and I have been playing Gran Turismo and it's really fun.  The driving dynamics seem pretty realistic.  However, it would be amazing to drive the tracks that I usually go to- Road Atlanta, Barber, AMP, etc.  Anyone know of a simulator game for PS3 that has real tracks and good driving dynamics?  I think IRacing is probably off the table.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 5:42 p.m.

Your problem is that support for the PS3 has all but died.  The problem with going to a ps4 is your wheel will most likely not work unless you use an emulator.  Allaircooled has been making his G27 wheel work with the PS4 so if you wanted to try that rout he could probably help you. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/26/20 6:18 p.m.

I don't know of any PS3-4 games that have those tracks anyway.  Project Cars 2 for PS4 probably has the larges selection of US tracks (GT is focuses on Japan, Assetta Corsa Europe) and it doesn't have those.  It doesn't even have any of the smaller US tracks (it has 9).

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/27/20 11:00 a.m.

Those tracks are going to push you to PC. Probably rFactor. 

ShinnyGroove
ShinnyGroove Reader
3/27/20 9:21 p.m.

Thanks guys. Pretty much as I expected, looks like I need to look into the PC route. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yRIDpQ3ZzKOYzopgBrnS0ZikLdE283JOjl0hTxbGPLWG61SiBEhyN0HNTsXYJ65G