1 2 3
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/10/21 7:23 p.m.

Ok, someone had to bring it up.  It'll be available for the PS4 and PS5...

As usual, it looks amazing.  They are bringing back a lot of what made the GT series great.

I'll probably end up giving them my money again.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
9/10/21 7:29 p.m.

A pack of Willys running wild!!!!!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/11/21 1:39 a.m.

Looks like a good update.  Sport never really grabbed me.  The PS4 and 5 thing is a bit strange.  I think it's great it's available on PS4 since I never made the leap, but it HAS to be giving up some performance/ possibilities.  Of course there is "abandon the old wheels" issue....

Love the return of used cars and performance mods!  Track maker?

A suggestion for anyone getting this near launch, Look Out For Cheats / Exploits!! (which they will patch eventually)  The last two releases had them and they can save you a LOT of grinding if you don't want to do that (or pay more).

For more info.  Tracks features etc.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7/

This makes me happy.... bring on the 30,000 cr challenge!  Hopefully they have a lot of the traditional GT cars.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/21 1:56 a.m.

I always enjoyed buying used cars that were a little bit obscure. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/21 10:08 a.m.

I hope they get the physics correct. There last game was basically un drivable on my setup. The steering  was so slow and so many turns lock to lock that it made the most recent game really suck.  I hope they fix this. There answer to it was to add unrealistic amounts of grip.   I never could figure out how to fix that issue. I think I have only used there previous game a half dozen times because of this.  

I would be happy if they brought back GT 5 and changed nothing other than updated the graphics.  I hope they focus on making an actual racing game and get away from the gimmicky stuff that they went way overboard with in subsequent releases while making the actual game play arguably worse.  

I wish they would just let me pay for all the content. Sort of a developers option.  With out having the in game $$$ I did last time by cheating I could have never tested all the cars and stuff I did to set up on line races that were actually good.  

BradLTL
9/12/21 9:34 p.m.

I've fired up GTSport a few times recently. It's not as bad as I remember. Maybe I'm just super rusty. Had a fairly entertaining race against a rando in the daily (weekly) grind race. I've discovered I can't consistently drive MR or RR cars, I get snap over steer on heavy braking that I can't figure out.

dean1484
9/13/21 2:48 p.m.

I need to do that!!!

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
9/13/21 3:03 p.m.

Track Editor is enough for me to buy it. I made or downloaded all my local tracks and some of them actually were pretty nice.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/13/21 7:24 p.m.

Lucky for me, my son the bigtime gamer has moved up to a PS5, but still has his PS4. It's about time he handed something down to me! smiley

dean1484
9/29/21 10:44 p.m.

Any word on this?  It would be fun to go back to this game. 

We were racing the GT tracks tonight in Assetto Corsa and it was so much fun to be back on some of the classic GT tracks.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/30/21 12:04 a.m.

They are taking pre-orders already.  Currently the only classic tracks confirmed are High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain.  They claim all PS4 wheels will be supported.  The PS4 version is a bit cheaper and can be later upgraded to the PS5 version.  They have launch special versions that have a few free cars and some bonus credits.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
9/30/21 8:24 a.m.

Ps4 version is $10 cheaper I feel like if I pre-ordered I would completly forget about it.

BradLTL
2/3/22 9:57 a.m.

Its so pretty... (skip to 15:00)

Don Fip
Don Fip GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/3/22 8:23 p.m.

The Cafe concept seems pretty cool to incorporate the design and history aspects of the car's or make's culture.  The music modes not too sure about tho.  

I preordered the digital version on PS5 and I recall it saying the game will start downloading around 2/22 so looking good that the planned release date sticks. 

johndej
johndej Dork
2/3/22 9:02 p.m.

Damn haven't played any games since GT4/Tony hawk pro skater/GTA but this has me tempted to buy a cheap PS4 and pedal set then build a setup for an old TV and Miata seat I've got around.

Any idea if you can get say summit point or VIR or other local tracks? Sounds above like people can build them then share?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/3/22 9:52 p.m.

No, they have never had any smaller track in GT, and generally not a lot of US tracks (Laguna, Indy, Daytona and Willow Springs at one point, maybe more?).  Probably very few in this release (if any?)

GT is much less of a sim than others, but it normally very good at making a good game of driving without too much silliness and of course, a very slick and pretty presentation.

Definitely no custom stuff in GT or any console game.  You are probably thinking of Assetto Corsa or iRacing on PC, they generally have a lot of local stuff.  Heck, we are going to do a recreation of this years One Lap Race in Assetto Corsa, and we have all the tracks! Well, we aren't going to use Putman, because the model just isn't good enough. There are even a lot of very cool historical tracks available (e.g. Riverside and Bridgehampton).

johndej
johndej Dork
2/3/22 10:33 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Oh yeah sorry I haven't had my own console since a PS2 to actually regularly play but I have played some of the newer ones with cousins and friends. I know it's not trying to be iracing or anything but saw trigun7469's comment about a track editor element and got to hoping they had expanded their offerings or that you could make or share your own content some how.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/3/22 10:50 p.m.
BradLTL said:

Its so pretty... (skip to 15:00)

<insert JJ abrams lens flare joke here>

It does look pretty.  The trackside detail in grass, signage, trees, etc. is significant.  I'm not going to discount it yet, but I'm definitely not getting a PS5 for it.

I wonder how the next PC sims will compare.  ACC Graphics are pretty good (and optimized) already on UE4.

BradLTL
2/4/22 11:17 a.m.

It looks very much like a GT game.  I don't think we should have an expectations that it will be competitive with other sims on a driving level.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/4/22 1:09 p.m.

Yeah, if the new GT does what GT has done in the past, it could be quite good (for those who where not quite as impressed with the recent offerings).

Regarding the custom tracks.  Yes, I forgot about the Track Builder.  It was actually pretty decent, and if they could improve on it, it could result is some serviceable copies of whatever track you might want to replicate.  The primary issue with the original version was that any track you created (which could be created by laying an actual track map under it) had to laid over pre-defined terrain, so you had no real control of that.  If they could add the ability to tweak the elevations, that would be a huge improvement.

I have seen no evidence that that Track Builder will return though, which is a little strange.

3point6oneninety
3point6oneninety
2/13/22 12:14 p.m.

I'm looking forward to this. I had some fun with the weekly one make races where everyone had to race the same car. According to a recent announcement one will be able to transfer the online driver ratings and custom liveries from GT sport. The best part is that Fanatec made a budget wheel set for it. I tried some crapy ones before but it's time to step up to a nice one.  
https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/gran-turismo-dd-pro

BradLTL
3/3/22 9:47 p.m.

I'll let you know...

​​​​​

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/4/22 12:53 p.m.

I watched a quick review (on PS5).  The points he made that were of interest to me (maybe Brad can confirm):

- Seems to be a good throwback to "traditional GT", generally fun to play through

- Physics seem to be stepped up, including better curb and track bumps and hills effects (this is very nice to hear)

- AI seems better / more interesting to race against

- Good weather, but... only available on a few tacks (no US tracks)

- Not certain what the online situation is. E.g. how much control you have over rooms etc.

I do have to say, I don't like the fact that it looks they made some (a lot?) of the old cars rather expensive (more like current value).  I completely understand it, but I would almost like a "lets just pretend it's the mid-90's" mode of pricing and availability.  You could call it the Classic GT Mode (as in, similar to when the original games where released).  I think it's mostly because, the cheap used cars you can get now are of very little interest to me, but in the mid 90's you could get some pretty interesting cheap used cars.

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/4/22 1:04 p.m.

My son's been playing all morning, and I tried it for a few minutes over lunch.   We're playing it on a PS4, and except for the long load times, it works great.  

The physics are definitely better than GT Sport.  Just more realistic and less arcade game like.  Also highly appreciated is more realistic AI for the other cars.  They still do some questionable things, but they seem much more aware of what's going on around them and actually taking that into account.

Fortunately he's got some commitments later this afternoon, so hopefully I can get some more time on it.

BradLTL
3/4/22 6:46 p.m.

I played for about an hour this afternoon.  Initial reactions are very positive.

Pros:

• Physics are really good.  The Mini drives very realistic. I actually spun off at Goodwood over driving and stomping the brakes.
  • It's pretty... duh
  • It wants you to love the cars, even the cars you don't care about
  • Runs great on the PS4
  • It feels like a GT game
  • The weather is great. The dynamic effects are really good (only 1 experience so far)

Cons:

• There's a lot of hand holding at the beginning
  • It crashed once so far (I didn't lose anything)
  • The AI isn't great. I'm only an hour in, but it's pretty sub par for the course
  • Force feedback is pretty bland.. probably need to tweak settings
  • Lots of text to click through
  • I still haven't unlocked everything yet, so my Mini is the wrong color and it irritates me
1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yBGmHTebjyvqewgZMG2T9sCwUKDkskAdPCxVOUVSoLoBD5wJMQ9nYeUF6jBtIGSV