1 2 3 ... 38
Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/4/13 11:13 a.m.

Releases Friday. 1,207 cars. Mount Panorama. Spa. Anyone else planning on buying it?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/4/13 11:16 a.m.

See http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grm-gran-turismo-5-racing-league-series-13/72381/page41/

(Several of us)

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/4/13 11:17 a.m.

Unless i can get custom liveries and all 1207 cars are "premium" this time around, meh.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/4/13 11:17 a.m.

LOL @ Grand. Hooray for spelling without thinking!

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/4/13 11:18 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote: See http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grm-gran-turismo-5-racing-league-series-13/72381/page41/ (Several of us)

I of course saw that thread, but at 41 pages it's a bit daunting.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/4/13 11:19 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Unless i can get custom liveries and all 1207 cars are "premium" this time around, meh.

Sadly, it's still paint chips, and it seems that not all "standards" have been polished.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/4/13 11:19 a.m.

Ah, check the last few...

A number of us made the mistake of having it land on a christmas list, but we are probably changing over awhile after its released.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/4/13 11:22 a.m.
Hoop wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Unless i can get custom liveries and all 1207 cars are "premium" this time around, meh.
Sadly, it's still paint chips, and it seems that not all "standards" have been polished.

So basically.... it's another GT4 expansion pack with a couple new tracks and slightly tweaked physics maybe.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
12/4/13 11:25 a.m.

Im gettijg the midlana book instead. Ill wait for the one with the free dlc. Or ps4 version.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/13 11:38 a.m.

Man SF1 you are a sad panda.

Unless they bjorked the physics compared to the GT academy GT6 sample the physics are greatly improved in the area of on edge tire dynamics.

It is on my Christmas list. If it fails to arrive I will buy sometime after the 1st of the year.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
12/4/13 11:42 a.m.

a couple articles I have read made it sound like the physics and tire dynamics were being re-worked from GT5.

Either way I am pretty excited for mah new PS3 and a brand new GT experience, last one I have played is GT4.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/4/13 11:59 a.m.

If the last one you played is GT4 ("The Real Understeer Simulator") you will be pleasantly surprised by GT6. I just hope Sears Point is in it - I assume there were licensing issues that kept it out of GT5, which was the only non-improvement over GT4 as far as I was concerned.

toad9977
toad9977 Reader
12/4/13 12:05 p.m.

I will probably get it as I have had all of the GT games. And like the last two, i will probably regret getting it and wishing I had gotten and XBOX with Forza. Whether I like this one or not will probably decide which system I go with in the relatively near future since a driving simulator is the only game I play that does cross platforms.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/4/13 12:08 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: So basically.... it's another GT4 expansion pack with a couple new tracks and slightly tweaked physics maybe.

You really are not that far off... but, I am hoping the new physics will make older cars more interesting (the suspensions are far more dynamic then they used to be). The new track maker may show promise (GT5's was pretty limited) and the addition of a stadium with cones looks like it allows for custom AutoX courses. We really need the new tracks though, some of use are getting way too good at the current ones.

I am greatly disappointed in the lack of livery but I expect one of the forces behind that is wanting to avoid (not wanting to police) the horde of penis adorned cars and cars indicating my mother sexual preference that would no doubt flood the online games.

Either way, I have gotten my moneys worth out of GT5 and don't mind paying for an upgrade.

The GRM league is currently in the middle of a GT5 series, and will finish up that in January, so we should be transitioning sometime around then. I (and others) will probably set up some test events before then (there is supposed to be an improved system for setting up online events / tournaments)

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/4/13 12:16 p.m.
Duke wrote: ...I just hope Sears Point is in it ...

Not in the initial release at least (they did add Willow Springs though). They say they will start regularly adding track though (e.g. Imola) ... not sure if, or how much those might cost...

Not sure why Sears Point disappeared. I think maybe Forza claimed the license. I would love to see the EA's death grip on the Porsche license be released, but it doesn't look good (Forza got a temporary one, but I think that is done also).

failboat
failboat SuperDork
12/4/13 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

Despite its questionable physics I logged A LOT of hours on GT4. I still think its a great game.

I was already planning on the PS3 this holiday season before I realized GT6 was coming out so this is icing on the cake. Finally another game I can use my Fanatec for.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 2:52 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Forza will always get temporary ones for porsche......I'm not thrilled with everything about FM5, but they did say "We don't want to just put new bows on the old content" GT series lost me awhile back though by taking forever and the missed deadlines.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/4/13 2:59 p.m.

Shockingly, they set a release date for GT6 and they are releasing it on schedule. Definitely a first in the series.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
12/4/13 3:02 p.m.

I'm excited, GT6 is my early Christmas present from SWMBO, and that'll complete the racing methadone collection for the next couple years.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/4/13 3:15 p.m.

I bought GT5 TWICE, once when it was new, and once when I got the XL pack for 10 bucks- it was the only way I was getting all the DLC. I don't play it anymore. I probably will end up with GT6 eventually, but not soon.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 3:26 p.m.

In reply to Hoop:

That is shocking......I complain about it but I did have my copy of GT4 for nearly 6 months before they finally released it. All the copies were just sitting at stores already in the back rooms.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
12/4/13 3:51 p.m.
aircooled wrote: The new track maker may show promise (GT5's was pretty limited) and the addition of a stadium with cones looks like it allows for custom AutoX courses. events / tournaments)

Moar info please! Did a quick search without finding anything on a potential autox creator/enhanced track editor, but my google-fu is weak today. This, and a track creator that would allow a sufficiently motivated enthusiast to model a local track, are much higher on my "wish list" that 7 new versions of the Skyline.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/4/13 3:59 p.m.

This is what is says for the description for one of the new tracks:

Gran Turismo Arena: This is a multipurpose arena used to accommodate tens of thousands of spectators, with a special circuit set up on its field. The total length of the course is short at 668 metres, but the variety of corners in its layout is equal to a large scale circuit. This is a great stage for Karts and small displacement cars. You can also remove the cornerstones and corner barriers to set up a variety of attractions using cones.

here is a pic:

This may not be as open as I was originally thinking but it looks like it allows for a fair amount of customization. They are also apparently bringing back the challenge with the Miata trying to knock over all the cones in an arena. I am hoping this is set there. The fact that it allows you to lay out cones might indicate the they can be use in the course maker also.

Not a lot of info on the Track Maker (probably will be somewhat incomplete on release). Supposed to allow for MUCH larger tracks (think full rally stages). I just hope it has better corner / track height control, it is very restricted in GT5 (e.g. no actual corner control, just how twisty a section is).

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/4/13 4:01 p.m.

I preordered it long ago. I fully plan on getting nothing done this friday.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/4/13 4:01 p.m.
yamaha wrote: GT series lost me awhile back though by taking forever and the missed deadlines.

See, I don't really care about this, at least not enough to have it sour me on a particular game. It comes out when it comes out, what's the big deal?

1 2 3 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jejLcta3pEppCTkjGGbyMHaaLzYpwhKM7OyJUffCtzi1F7PpHRnHKFvExv2JNKwi