1 ... 34 35 36 37 38
Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
6/12/14 12:06 p.m.

Looks like the Expert one at Suzuka pays 260k for first with the full login bonus.

Buuuuut, it's those "you have this much time to chase down first place, and they're cars at a higher PP than you" deals.

E: Nope, it's only the first one that's like that, the others are just lap races.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
6/12/14 12:22 p.m.

Hmmm. Well, at least its a bit of a change. My self-challenge with these was to try and run them with full stock cars. If I was still too fast, I would start using the shifter and clutch.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
6/12/14 2:20 p.m.

I just ran them in whatever I had that I knew was fast.

But I need money, since I'm buying all the Superbirds and Chargers in all the colors for paint chips.

I still miss my Ginetta G4 and Jensen.

E: The expert one is berkeleying stupid.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/12/14 4:15 p.m.

In reply to Grizz:

Stupid stupid or stupid difficult?

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
6/12/14 4:51 p.m.

Both probably. I enjoy watching stuff that is close to 600PP stock walk away from an almost 700hp Audi R8. Oh, and getting SC penalties because it was either go off or hit them.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
6/13/14 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon:

Definitely stupid stupid. I just got 2nd because the Mclaren F1 behind me rammed me on the last corners on Suzuka, and then passed me, and since it's over 600PP, I couldn't catch up at all.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/13/14 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Grizz:

It was dumb. Took me several tries to get it. I used a 458 with aero mods. I could catch cars in braking and corners, but would get yanked on the straights.

A lot of work for very little payout.

Advan046
Advan046 HalfDork
6/14/14 10:11 p.m.

The seasonal for experts was a bit lame. The only way you win is because of massive mistakes by the AI while they drive cars with higher PP.

The penalties are not fairly imposed.

Faster cars with poor driver.

Official imposing penalties unfairly....

This is the ultimate simulation!!!!!

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
6/16/14 11:54 p.m.

The pro Seasonal is a bit silly. With the new AI, NEVER try and pass on the outside. Not sure I like it, not sure I will even finish it. It's more frustrating then fun. The AI messing up does add a bit of an interesting dynamic.

I tried an offline race (like the old arcade mode) and the new expert level does seem a bit better. It was super easy before, now it a bit more challenging.

The first two seasonals were fun if you HC yourself. I did the easy one is a full stock BTR with no ABS and using the shifter, which made it MUCH more challenging. Still not too hard, but fun.

The second seasonal I did in a stock (street) GT40 with no ABS and the shifter. That was quite fun also. They have a very nice sound for that car.

Using the shifter and clutch added a lot of dynamic to the races. You tend to drive a lot less the 10/10, and have to lug it in gear a few times. Its nice to be able to go back to the self HC.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/19/14 8:04 p.m.

Anyone having troubles with the Toyota/Sarthe seasonal? My console crashes when I try to go on track. The other seasonals work fine, just this one is giving me fits.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/19/14 9:37 p.m.

I finally got it to load after about 5 freezes, but it was having issues loading the track completely....

No track surface!!! Still managed to get gold, but it was pretty sketch in certan spots when the track wasn't there.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
6/20/14 12:04 p.m.

So, let me get this straight. The track isn't there, and its "a little sketch", but you still get gold?

^^^^^^^^^^^^Spool^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/20/14 12:34 p.m.

Lol I wish!

In my defense, the track was missing in about a 1/3 of the track, spread out in different spots, instead of the entire track. So some spots were fine, and others were kind of guessing based off the other land marks on track. I should have saved that replay haha

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/2/14 1:39 p.m.

One thing I noticed in a recent seasonal was that the ALMS and Lemans cars have the position lights working on the sides. I thought that was a nice touch to see the three lights go on when I made it to third then have only one light as I made it to the lead.

Simple thing but I enjoyed it.

The AI is somewhat predictably choke prone now. The only way I was going to beat the leading R8 prototype was if they went off track and on queue it does on the last lap. Not very fun to count on your competitor's failure.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/17/14 12:39 p.m.

Maybe I need to look harder but how come there are no female avatars for the drivers in GT6? I have daughters and one of them mentioned wanting to maybe play the game another day and asked if she could design how the driver looks.

I guess they are just considered to be unisex looking avatars so it would just be my daughter's choice of the colors and designs that she wants.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
7/19/14 7:06 p.m.

Rally challenge? I set a good time on the latest 550pp seasonal challenge. Who ever surpasses it gets a free internet.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/21/14 11:55 a.m.

I wanted to point out an interesting challenge race:

The 600 pp Expert challenge seasonal at Bathurst is quite interesting to run in a tuned up Rocket (it's relatively easy in a stock Ferrari Enzo). The AI cars are way faster, but you way out corner them. Makes you have to make some interesting passes.

As a warning, the AI tendency to ram you is of course very deadly with the Rocket, so look out for that. I have JUST lost that race a few times in the Rocket a few times, I WILL do it eventually!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
7/22/14 6:33 a.m.

In reply to aircooled:

I did that one in a KTM and found a similar experience. Dead last going up the hill on the first lap, pass half the field on top of the hill, then get passed again coming back down the hill lol. Definitely a fun way to run that challenge.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/16/14 6:31 a.m.

saw that the GT6 1.12 update was just released. Sounds like it has some cool features being added.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-12-released-includes-new-track-new-online-features-new-cars/

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
9/16/14 10:19 p.m.

I wanted to check it out, but the hour and 45 minutes it took for all the updates took all desire to play the game out of my system.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
9/16/14 10:52 p.m.

Oh sweet, they fixed the steering dead zone!

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/22/14 11:43 a.m.
Grizz wrote: I wanted to check it out, but the hour and 45 minutes it took for all the updates took all desire to play the game out of my system.

I think the last update I have is 1.06. quite frankly i am terrified to see how big a download I am facing. But I really want this one.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
9/22/14 12:16 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

YEah may not be worth updating right now. The last update came with a bunch of glitches that just might destroy GT6 if they can't get them fixed by the end of this week.

• Lost sound of your car randomly in all modes of the game, no tire noise and no engine noise
  • Steering wheel Force Feedback is highly variable car to car so you kind of have to tune the steering after switching cars.
  • Braking modeling seems different. I am only guessing that ABS is not as effective at keeping tires blue at 1 as it used to be.
  • Game freezing more often than not when viewing replays.

Yeah just let it collect more dust until October comes around.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
9/22/14 3:02 p.m.

i have limited bandwidth at home. trying to plan accordingly to borrow my 'rents fios for a few hours when we go visit in a few weeks.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
9/22/14 8:12 p.m.

I really like the new track, and the pseudorally event for it is pretty enjoyable.

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hOy67t1d7BV2HnAqTnPCr1FXmf6a2imWZTnvEmgMTuZb6nmzY3MgiJouLZy5J6Ly