1 ... 35 36 37 38
corytate
corytate UltraDork
9/23/14 1:55 p.m.

Im gonna try to get back into the game this week. Cant do the league bc I work til 9 now but I can still have fun

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
9/23/14 6:42 p.m.

Awww man. I was so close to getting gold on the 4wd super lap seasonal with a Daihatsu Storia.

Little turd was running at the ragged edge but the best I could squeeze out of it was a 1:25.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
9/30/14 11:21 a.m.

Wow, I hate both versions of the LFA. I can't seem to get it to take a bite out of a corner. It always ends up washing out with full steering lock and smoke pouring off the fronts. Any advice?

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
9/30/14 11:40 a.m.
MCarp22 wrote: Wow, I hate both versions of the LFA. I can't seem to get it to take a bite out of a corner. It always ends up washing out with full steering lock and smoke pouring off the fronts. Any advice?

What suspension settings do you have?

Slow more than you think. More brake bias to the rear to try and rotate into the corner. Drive the car like it has overheated front tires all the time.

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
9/30/14 11:44 a.m.

I haven't tried the LFA yet, but if you're adding more steering input when it's already understeering you're going to keep washing out. You need to unwind the wheel to get the front end to regain grip. You can also try trail braking or a little flick to get the car to rotate at entry.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
9/30/14 11:49 a.m.
Advan046 wrote: What suspension settings do you have?

I've tried both the stock suspension and race soft / full custom suspensions without much success.

Advan046 wrote: Slow more than you think. More brake bias to the rear to try and rotate into the corner. Drive the car like it has overheated front tires all the time.

Yeah, I'm sure some of it is driver-induced.

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
9/30/14 12:48 p.m.

Be sure with the adjustable suspension to adjust the toe, especially in the rear. The defaults have become 0.60 in the rear which keeps the rear very stable but greatly reduces rotation. I usually run it down to 0.07-0.10 to get the car to turn how I want. You can also dial in some toe out in the front to increase the steering response and aid in rotation.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
9/30/14 10:32 p.m.

I found the LFA to be an understeering pig with my normal driving style. So I started being very aggressive with turn in to get the car to slide into the corner. Slow the car down more than you think you need to, fling itno the corner and try to get the rear to slide a bit. once the nose is pointed towards the corner exit start adding power and try to keep the power oversteer to a low angle. If you get on the power too early its easy to make a big smokey sideways mess.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
10/1/14 1:20 p.m.

I found that I couldn't afford an LFA, so I didn't bother with it

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
10/4/14 3:33 p.m.

I finally tried the quick match feature and all told it was pretty garbage. Had trouble loading, then the start got all jacked up (there was a 10+ second delay between the lights and the race actually starting, and then I had the start lights on my screen for the entire race). I watched someone jump 20' straight up in the air at the start somehow, wish I hadn't forgotten to save the replay. The race itself was more destruction derby than racing. I was forcibly put off track at least 3-4 times, all seemingly very intentional. And then at the end after finishing mid-pack I was dumped to last place and my time was 2 hours and 34 minutes behind the leader... I actually have nothing positive to say about it. I'll probably give it another shot just to see what happens, but am not holding my breath.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
10/14/14 10:55 p.m.

It seems that the only way to have halfway decent quick match races is to only join the expert level stuff. Then SRF is prohibited but folks still use TC so it isn't perfect.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
11/16/14 6:16 a.m.

finally got updated from 1.06 to 1.13 last weekend. Didnt have time to play till this morning. The sierra time rally is awesome.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
11/21/14 10:18 p.m.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the sound of the new Subaru fantasy car. LOVE it!!!!

failboat
failboat UltraDork
11/22/14 5:46 a.m.

Took me a few days to realize the physics or something was slightly tweaked sinc i last played on 1.06. The cars are much easier to drift now

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
11/22/14 7:43 a.m.

The biggest thing I noticed was how much better the braking is.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
11/22/14 8:47 a.m.

The tire model had two major tweeks since launch.

• Launch orange meant you were already off the edge of a big drop off in grip. But grip was too high overall.

• First big update overall reduction in grip. Orange was some moderate amount of grip retained and usable in racing. Basically didn't mean you were sliding off track. But the transition from blue to red was MUCH faster.

• Second big update they slowed the transition to red so now yellow-orange is usable if you end up there with time to get it back to blue.

I like where it ended up. Seemed to mirror my real life racing experience with track and Autocross tires.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
11/22/14 12:26 p.m.

+1 overall everything feels real nice like. although i hadnt fired up the ps3 in about 4 months so its hard for me to pick up on exactly what changed....most of my setups feel more or less the same though which is good.

Drifting with the wheel was the largest change I noticed, much much much easier to toss the car sideways and hold it and also transition through multiple corners. The game seems more forgiving with throttle input and the community favorite CH tires no longer feel completely pathetic and useless to me.

Im a long time drifter on the forza series so finally its getting to be enjoyable on GT6 instead of discouraging and annoying.

Unfortunately the clutch behavior is still absolute poo. Thankfully if you dont touch it you can shift clutchless with the gated shifter.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
11/30/14 10:14 a.m.

I had a great time with the Rocket seasonal! Felt like I was playing Grand Prix Legends again!

Tuned the suspension and diff a bit then enjoyed the sliding fun.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
11/30/14 10:17 a.m.

Also took out the Viper GTSR in the other time trial seasonal and got gold easy. Then tried it with two other cars.

Then I dropped the Celica from its perch and blew up the standings! I think I was right at 1000 ranking.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/22/14 10:32 a.m.

The latest seasonals are interesting. The overtake ones are just about dive bombing everyone and luck. I like the Jag though.

The Chaparral is just hold on insanity. Not too fun but maybe finally a competitor for the RedBull car? IDK. I needed to change my steering degree setting to finish this one

I liked the rain event at the Ring. I didn't notice before if the rain surface was modeled the way it is in that event. It was awesome! As the track dried out near the end of the race you had a dry line. I didn't notice that ever before in the game. Usually there was just a uniform surface and a slick line that you had to avoid. But this was the reverse the main racing line actually became a dry line and if you got offline you were going for a long ride to the sand trap or walls.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/22/14 3:03 p.m.

Oh and there is some variation in the way the rain comes and goes and track conditions. On one of my runs through the event I came to find that the left after the M Schumacher Ss was much more slippery than any other time I ran the event before. Then I noticed another time that T2 was the section of slightly more wet tarmac.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
12/24/14 11:13 p.m.

In reply to Advan046:

That was a tough challenge with the weather and tire wear. You were absolutely right about going off line. I went in the weeds several times.

The passing challenges were cool too. More exciting than the normal lap time seasonals and more difficult.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
12/24/14 11:34 p.m.

There's a Vision car out again. Limited time deal from what I read. Mazda LM car.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/28/14 12:36 a.m.

Ran seasonals tonight. They were fun. Not as fun as the last set was for me.

The biggest highlight this week was the new Mazda LM vision car. Turned off ABS and it became a dream to drive! Rotates into corners with great precision. Very fun sliding into the corkscrew.

The wet race at Suzuka was easy with the Celica. May try some other cars though.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
12/28/14 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Advan046:

I used the FTO for the Suzuka challenge. It's down on PP, but the AWD makes for easy overtaking on corner exits. Plus if you get off line and slide off track, just stand on the fun pedal and steer where you want to go.

1 ... 35 36 37 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GMPERiIes4EbVq8YBH1JzTO3Yamso4kb82GZA2yb8el1vBPVJaubaXhyLLCtbMBc