1 ... 71 72 73
e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
1/29/15 10:49 a.m.

In other news, I would say that testing went well last night. We tried a lot of different cars at several different tracks with some pleasant surprises. The Vette, though it doesn't much like sharp turns, really isn't bad on smaller or tighter tracks. You have to be more judicious with your throttle application, but overall still very fun.

I had only run 80's Monza a couple times but did enjoy the track when I got it somewhat right, though I did spend quite a bit of time in the sand pit at the end of the back straight.

I definitely vote for Matterhorn over Monaco. They have their similarities for sure, but Matterhorn has some runoff areas where a mistake might not take out the entire rest of the field. Case in point is where I was rear ended going into T1, and though I had trouble getting back on track and going again the rest of the field went through without much issue.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/29/15 1:54 p.m.

Mudd and I tested the MR2 and the Supra at HSR/R and they are a blast there!!! each has there own special "needs" but very fun and laps were 1:15 (or less) with both cars so there is no issue that I can see about running them there.

Just for S&G's we then ran them at the Daytona Oval. Again fun!!! It would make for an interesting race. The MR2 gets "interesting" in the draft and those speeds. Very challenging and fun. I can only imagine what the bug would be like as it is a similar PP to the MR2 and the Supra.

Ohya and the MR2 was 3-2 seconds faster at the HSR/R than the Supra even with it being down 18pp.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/29/15 2:00 p.m.

I agree with Matt re the Matterhorn versus Monaco but either would be fun. I just completely suck at Monaco so this would force me to learn it if we are to run it. Not a bad thing.

There are several Matterhorn tracks maybe we should explore the others as well? I also like the 2nd Matterhorn track we tested. The downhill sweeper has huge potential for the big one but I like the challenge of that set of corners leading up to the hard left hander. I think everyone has upped there race craft since the last time we ran there and had the huge crash with the Miatas. The bugs there would be interesting.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/29/15 3:16 p.m.

Just wanted to note that I just saw a winged Supra (black) on the way back from lunch. Don't remember seeing one of those for a while.

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
1/29/15 6:46 p.m.

Comp, are you up for doing the Run-offs for Sunday night? EVO's followed by Muscle Cars?

Also, what would be a good distance for the races? I imagine dean may give us something to ponder in that regard...

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/29/15 7:41 p.m.

In reply to CAMikaze:

As long as nothing crazy happens I'll be there Sunday night.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
1/29/15 8:51 p.m.

OK, have we settled on which cars for what day of the series and when the next series starts?

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/29/15 9:22 p.m.

Argo

Series starts this Sunday provided the track list is finalized.

sss car is the supra noted earlier. The RZ version (the one with the wing) pp at 470. With an oil change it is 478. We are running SM tires. Brake bias is the only adjustment.

Tuner car is the MR2 1600 again noted earlier and I posted a tune for it that is a decent starting point. All tuning is allowed. No added aero. Standard max 10% power reduction.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/29/15 10:10 p.m.

Guys the Superbowl is Sunday. Starting at 6:30 pm eastern. I think this will conflict with the racing

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
1/29/15 10:19 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

That will definitely interfere. Even those not that interested in the game may have a social engagement.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/29/15 10:26 p.m.

Doh! I didn't even think about that. I am very unlikely to be home by race time.

I guess we will just have to roll with it. Start if you like, but we can always start with the Wednesday series maybe? (since sun isn't really much of a "starter" series this time)

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/29/15 10:59 p.m.

I think we will start the following Sunday.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/29/15 11:48 p.m.

OK. Now we just have to decide if we want to start next Wed. In thinking about it the Sun series really is a tamer version of Wed. The MR2 is a mellow bug, and the supra is a very mellow Vette.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/30/15 7:42 a.m.

Your call Air. It does give us more time to test some more things. I would also run the fist event on Saturday night or Monday or Tuesday. I am around.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/30/15 9:55 a.m.

It's probably best that we don't run on Sunday. I have become aware that Dean has figured out how to get a bit of an unfair advantage by running with the tires in his car under inflated.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/30/15 11:06 a.m.

Ya but the Stewards only squeezed my tires. They were supposed to actually check the pressures and adjust them as required. I only scuff them up to my liking and then turn them in to be properly inflated and certified.

And before Spool gets all hot and bothered no you can not squeeze my tires Spool. .. .

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
1/30/15 11:50 a.m.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
1/31/15 11:17 a.m.

Are Bugs and Vettes official for the Wednesday series?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/15 2:51 p.m.

Yes.

I will try and get the new thread up tonight.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
1/31/15 4:42 p.m.

Cool. Thanks.

Now to pick color and wheels on both cars.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/10/15 5:57 p.m.

Is everyone that was subscribed to this subscribed to the new thread? It is here

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/simulation-central/grm-gran-turismo-6-racing-league-series-5/98331/page1/

Argo, Grae you joining us Wednesday????

1 ... 71 72 73
Our Preferred Partners
gZJnXs38jDkbUCv4gdhKbqSmRUbgnQr7tlG9B2Cys4EnoyBWDorR0mVu6vIdtQal