1 2 3 ... 33
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/15 10:36 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Gran Turismo 6 racing League - Series 5

This is a championship series based on the cars and spirit of the Grassroots Motorsports (and what is available in GT6). Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged.

STANDINGS

Sunday STANDINGS

This league will consist of 10 races run weekly, and 2 classes on each of the two days (Wednesday and Sunday)

• Must use a VW 1200 '66
  • SM tires
  • No other restrictions (NOS allowed)

• Must use Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
  • RH Tires
  • No modifications or adjustments allowed except brake bias (room will be set to no modifications)

There is also a special, separately tracked series run on Sundays BEFORE the two above series, using the same track. This series also has two races:

• Must use a SUPRA RZ '97
  • SM Tires
  • No modifications or adjustments allowed except brake bias (room will be set to no modifications)

• MR2 1600 G '86
  • SM Tires
  • 460 PP max
  • Power reduction max to 90%.
  • All adjustments and mods allowed except as noted below:
  • No NOS allowed
  • No added aero (stock wing can be removed)
  • It is suggested you start with the tune shown a few posts below
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/15 10:36 p.m.

To help equalize cars and/or drivers, cars will be handicapped based on finish position. Handicapping is detailed below.

Bug: -10pp (pp?)

Vet: -10pp (pp?)

Sup: -5pp (pp?)

MR2: -5pp (pp?)

HC levels will be tracked on the Standing board above.

Additional Point Leader HC: Any participant who is 1st place by at least 5 points will always have the designated HC for that series for the next race.

• 1st - 16 points
  • 2nd - 14 points
  • 3rd - 12 points
  • 4th - 11 points
  • 5th - 10 points
  • 6th - 9 points
  • 7th - 8 points
  • 8th - 7 points
  • 9th - 6 points
  • 10th - 5 points
  • 11th - 4 points
  • 12th - 3 points
  • 13th - 2 points
  • 14th - 1 points

• Two extra points for the biggest shunt victim. Voted by participants if needed.

Points for the championship will consist of your 8 highest scores (you will drop your lowest scoring race). With this, missing a race won't eliminate your chances. First tie breaker is total 1st place finishes. Second

tie breaker is ROC/Challenge race.

Starting and Restarts

If major glitching, drops or a large series of collisions (CF) occur at the start or within a few turns of the start anyone witnessing a significant enough of an event should type RESTART in the message window and a

restart will be initiated. In the event of a restart:

• All participants will exit the track
  • Once everyone has left the track and instructed to, re-enter the track
  • Line up on the track in the original starting order (as best can be re-created) with special emphasis on the top 3 cars.
  • Wait for the race countdown and do not change your order.

Rolling start: The lead qualifying will be responsible for pacing the pack at 80 mph to a designated point (probably the last turn before a back straight) at which point the race starts (in the case of a restart, the

starting point will be much closer to the start line).

There is NO passing until that point, and previous to the start point cars will attempt to get into the original start order. If another major glitching incident occurs with the re-start, the glitching car will be asked to start

at the back and stay clear of cars for the first few turns. Ultimately a glitching car may be asked to leave, which will be avoided if at all possible.

Rules: (Repeated violations / complaints will result in a DQ.)

• Qualifying: A 10-15 min qualifying session will be held before each race. A one lap "reset race" will be run before the first race qualifying to clear/reset the qualifying times.

• You must start the race on the tires that you qualify on. (The Spool rule)

• All driving aids are off (TCS, Driving line, etc), except ABS

• Damage is set to Low, draft to High, edge setting is Real, penalty is set to Off.

• Racing etiquette applies (e.g. it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to ensure a clean pass). Keep the racing clean.

• Passing Consideration: No passing under braking. Make certain you have a clear position on a car (beside the car) BEFORE a corner if you plan to pass in a corner. In such a case both cars are required to

provide driving room in the corner (punting rule does apply). See below for examples.

• Braking consideration. In order to avoid rear-ending others during braking, please either take a different line from the car you are following or fade brake as shown below:

• Corner Cutting: Maintain two wheels on the track (not curbs) at all times. Cutting is allowed to avoid hitting other cars (do not improve your position)

• Punting Courtesy Rule: The following driver is responsible for not making contact with the car in front. If you push someone else off of the track you are required to wait for them to return to the track and allow

them to stay in front of you for at least one turn. This rule also applies if you force someone into a cut if they have a clear reasonable position beside you.

• Track Re-Entry: If you do run off the track, re-enter the track by merging into the track, parallel to the track. Give way to faster traffic. Avoid crossing the track or driving slower in the racing line when possible.

• One Move Rule: When being followed by another car, you are allowed one move that is out of the normal racing line per section (straight / turn) of the track. E.g. if someone is drafting up behind you, you can cut

to the inside to take that line, but cannot then cut back to the outside. Swerving to avoid the draft is not allowed (although you can still make the one move).

Duplicate Car Challenges

In some cases there may be a restriction as to the number of duplicates of each car type are allowed. In the case where two drivers show up with the same car, the challenge rules apply.

• You can only loose two challenges. After two, you must pick an available car (unused for MC, unused or only one used for the others).

• You can only challenge for a particular car once. The second challenge would have to be another car.

• If any of the drivers of the car you are challenging for have a HC, you must run a HC (lowest finisher still looses the car).

• If during a challenge, any of the cars are negatively effected by a verifiable shunt, the challenge will be run again the next week, or a short 4 min runoff race (only challenge cars allowed) will be run after the normal

races if time allows.

If you would like to compete in 1 or more classes, you will need to have AllAirCooled (ARR-Argo1 and Dean1484 are alternates) (PSN IDs) as a friend to enter the room. Send me a PM, or post in this thread

listing:

• PSN ID
  • GRM ID
  • Desired Class(es) and car choice (if applicable)

Drop ins are also generally welcome. If you are not planning on actively competing is the series, please avoid hindering any of the active drivers.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/15 10:38 p.m.

All races are held in Private Lounges. In order to find the room you will need to have another participant in your friend list( preferably Dean1484, Argo or Allaircooled) and click on the "Show Friends Only" checkbox near the bottom of the Online screen.

Races scheduled to be held on Wednesday evenings. Each class race would run sequentially. At 8PM Central Time (9ET, 6PT) we will run a one lap "reset race" to zero out the qualifying times.

Qualifying for the first race will start immediately after the reset race with the race starting at approximately 15 after (depending on participant arrival). The second class will start qualifying at aprox. 8:45 - 9:00PM Central Time, with the race starting at approx. 9:00 - 9:15PM Central Time.

Event Schedule and Results:

Results color coding: Blue = Pole Position, Green = Fast Lap, Purple = Shunt Award (blue/green is pole and fast lap)

• Round 1 Tokyo R246

• Round 2 Apricot Hill (reverse)

• Round 3 Monza (80's)

• Round 4 High Speed Ring (reverse)

• Round 5 Ascari

• Mid Series Break: Testing for next season

• Round 6 Midfield Raceway

• Round 7 Laguna Seca

• Round 8 Spa

• Round 9 Matterhorn Rotenboden

• Round 10 Circuito de la Sierra

-Challenge/ROC:

Spreadsheets:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/15 10:39 p.m.

Car Starting Tunes:

Bug

MR2

MR2 1600 1986. We are only using this car. No other MR2's will be in the series

Do an oil change.

They are tuned to 460PP

The following tune us a very good place to start. Stock these cars are diabolical tail happy things.

• 90/90 ride height

Suspension

• 5.41/6.32
  • 5/1
  • 5/1
  • 5/1
  • .05/1.1
  • -0.08/.15

• fully adj trans speed set to 143 (Change as needed for the track we are at)

• Triple plate clutch.
  • Standard Dif. Note that this will be adjustable to fine tune the car but I did not need it.

• Power 96.9

• Stage 3 engine tuning
  • Sports Computer
  • Racing exhaust
  • Isometric exhaust manifold
  • standard cat
  • intake tuning
  • High Rpm turbo
  • no nos

• ballast weight of 82kg

• ballast position -50
  • Stage 3 weight reduction.
  • carbon hood
  • window weight reduction

this should net you - 460 pp - 274 hp - 1019 kg - 50/50 weight - 206 ft lbs - 3.71 kg/hp

This is my base line tune for the car you can mod as you want but it is a decent place to start.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/31/15 10:39 p.m.

Team Photos

Dean:

Air:

Spool:

Advan:  photo Syracuse - Night_1_zpsacysnynt.jpg

photo Syracuse - Night_3_zpsazsjqmoh.jpg

photo Syracuse - Night_2_zpse3ugykzd.jpg

Nick:

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/1/15 2:18 a.m.

Air do you have Spools tune for the bug? It could be posted as a base tune like the MR2.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
2/1/15 8:40 a.m.

Great car choices this season. Im really going to try and make time to join in this one...will likely be the sunday series. Whats the tire limits for the mr2?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/1/15 10:12 a.m.

SM for all but the Corvette. (Correct Dean?)

Yes, I want to post the base tune for the Bug. I changed mine so I don't know if I still have the Spool base tune. Do you have it Dean?

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/1/15 12:12 p.m.

I have spools tune. Yes SM tires

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
2/1/15 2:28 p.m.

Can we change oil in all 4 classes?

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/1/15 6:05 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: Can we change oil in all 4 classes?

Yes absolutely!!!!!!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/1/15 11:42 p.m.

Also Dean, what are the actual restrictions for MR2? Just pp? Or hp and weight? No wings I suspect.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/2/15 9:04 a.m.

MR2 uses "standard" GRM tuning regulations for a street tuner car.

• Everything is adjustable.
  • You can add or subtract anything except aero (see below for aero rules).
  • Power reduction max to 90%.
  • No added aero
  • You can remove the stock rear wing if you want.
  • SM tires
  • You have to stay at or below the 460 PP limit.

I think that is it. Unless I missed something. The room will be set up with those spec's in mind.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/2/15 10:12 a.m.

Since we are not starting this Wednesday, we will do another test and tune. The goal for Wednesday is:

• Dial in the tunes on MR2's and Bugs (we will likely mostly run at Tokyo in prep for the start)
  • Test which Matterhorn track we want to use and maybe test the Ring to see if we want to sub that in.
  • Test HC level. We need to figure out a number for each series (10 pp is the default)
  • Decide if we are OK with the current HC setup.
dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/2/15 11:18 a.m.

Ohya. Air we need to:

• Look at the PP HC. I am thinking for Wednesday that it should be 5pp similar to the HH cars. 5PP was more than enough to show them down while not completely killing your race. Since PP seems to be calculated with a high relationship to the HP. Lower PP cars getting a 10PP HC is a much bigger performance hit due to it being a greater percentage of power reduction as compared to the cars that are in the 500+ PP range

• Look at how the series leader PP HC is applied. I got hosed on that deal in the HH series (changing cars did not help either) .

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
2/2/15 11:23 a.m.

I see you already covered the topics in my last post. LOL sorry about that.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
2/2/15 12:10 p.m.

Yes as far as the HC goes I think we can do the double race drop if:

• one drop in first half and one drop in second half
  • Get rid of the half HC for the 5 point leader
  • Only apply 5 point leader Half HC for the second half of the series.
Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
2/2/15 2:28 p.m.

Are we sticking to the 2 short race format that we have been using?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/2/15 3:26 p.m.

That is something else we can discuss. The two race format is probably still good for the slower cars, but we should consider one longer race for the Vettes at least.

Also, we might want to try a Vette race on Wednesday to see how long tires and fuel will last. It's not really in the spirit of the "arrive and drive" no-tune cars, but we certainly don't want to do it for the Bugs!

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
2/2/15 4:39 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Since we are not starting this Wednesday, we will do another test and tune. The goal for Wednesday is: - Dial in the tunes on MR2's and Bugs (we will likely mostly run at Tokyo in prep for the start) - Test which Matterhorn track we want to use and maybe test the Ring to see if we want to sub that in. - Test HC level. We need to figure out a number for each series (10 pp is the default) - Decide if we are OK with the current HC setup.

Don't forget...

• Runoffs for SpecEVO and MC

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/2/15 6:12 p.m.

Ah yes, almost forgot, thanks for the reminder.

CAM and Comp need to have a bit of showdown.

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
2/2/15 7:04 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Ah yes, almost forgot, thanks for the reminder. CAM and Comp need to have a bit of showdown.

...or two.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
2/2/15 8:49 p.m.

The bugs terrify me. Should be fun.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
2/3/15 8:06 a.m.

The bugs are a hoot. The only crap thing about them is the gearing with only 5 speeds. Set the gearing for top speed and the car bogs off the line. Set it for a good start and you run out of gear on the top end. I would bet tuning the gear ratios will be more important than suspension tuning with those cars.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/3/15 9:43 a.m.

Yes, gearing is pretty critical. Add in the NOS and it gets even more interesting. There is a huge difference between the NOS and no NOS top speed.... what do you gear for?.....

1 2 3 ... 33
Our Preferred Partners
1Gd2ALTxxGlgs0aBuujSm41jw28Sr5BiXIcM5NOPErIXw0Hhufvuvy5ZQ4rhN4kF