1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33
Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/23/15 10:11 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Advan046 wrote: Summary of Vette 2 race. Spool hit a car on lap 1 at the top of the hill, hit another car right at the top of the downhill to the hairpin so hard that it flew up in the air several meters AND he drove under the car, had to deal with an orange moving cone for 1 lap, then still won the race.

I hit cam at the top of the hill (he was sideways after the first tunnel). And I accidentally dive bombed Comp at the bottom of the hill. I missed my brake point, realized contact was imminent, so I went to the inside to avoid him, but gave the position back to comp. Was there another incident I wasn't aware of? I don't recall any other moments.

Whatever Spool!!!! You don't remember hitting a car and somehow driving under it as it flew over you car!!!!!! I already took some photos but forgot to upload them.

I came upon Comp recovering from a spin on lap 1 just before the kink to the steep downhill to the hairpin. I tried to avoid but touched the grass and spun rather horribly. Then before the smoke cleared SPOOL blasted me head on and I am flying in the air! After I landed with lots of red dots on my car and mud on my tires I had a long slide into mid track and by the time I got grip to go left Sauce had already dived onto the grass on the right and spun past me. Crazy!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/23/15 10:19 a.m.

I honestly don't recall any flying cars. I'd like to see that replay though as I didn't save it. I remember going through a cloud of smoke as cars were spinning, but no big hits to my memory. Then again, I was on my second glass of scotch by then so I might just be stupid and not remember it

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/23/15 11:04 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: I honestly don't recall any flying cars. I'd like to see that replay though as I didn't save it. I remember going through a cloud of smoke as cars were spinning, but no big hits to my memory. Then again, I was on my second glass of scotch by then so I might just be stupid and not remember it

Yes you drove like you never hit me and your engine showed damage on my replay which probably helped you as you were in the tight slow section for the duration of the damage.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/23/15 11:28 a.m.
e30Matt wrote: The last Vette race is where it really went wrong for me. Approaching T1 Dean apparently ran out of real estate on the right side, and from my view it was like he bounced off an angled wall or turned hard left. Either way, we had contact, and Spool was to my left though still mostly behind and I had slight contact with him. They seemed fine and kept going, and I wasn't damaged but ended up in the grass off track left.

I got a great start and got a run up the right side of the track. Then from my perspective I got the squeeze and was going to run out of track. Now that I know spool was on the other side of you that makes more cence as I actually expected you toswing to the left a bit for the corner in to the uphill. I was then on the brakes (as were you) as I realized that I was going to run out of race track because you were not moving over (again now I know why). What happened from my side of things was I had just a slight bump side to side with you and got kicked to the right and went across the grass and then managed to keep momentum and was headed in the rite direction up the hill so I just kept going. I need to look at that replay as it happened so fast that I am not 100 percent sure of exactly what happened. Then to top it off there were spinning cars in the uphill that I had to dodge and I just missed cam as I came under the bridge. It was a crazy first lap.

The other thing that I need to look at is my close call with air coming on to the sweeper. I have no idea how I missed him. That would have been a huge crash had we made contact.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/23/15 7:05 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Comp: GREAT race in Vette 2. That last lap was a total cat and mouse game. If it weren't for that bobble coming out of the last hairpin you would have won that race! Good job man, very exciting. That bass shaker is working like a charm!!! Sauce, kinda bummed you went off in the bug races. You have me by .4 in qualifying and we were set to have a good race.

You might of saw it as a cat and mouse game, I was running for my life Seriously, I knew you were coming and I was trying to just keep it clean, but every time I looked up in the mirror you were getting closer and closer. So I kept trying to get back in the throttle just a little bit sooner and ended up chasing the car and sawing on the wheel like Timo Mäkinen just to keep it on track. Coming out of the last right hander I jumped on it way too early, it jumped sideways and I caught it but got back into it too early again, that's the one that hurt and allowed you to get inside, I couldn't see you coming up through the left hander and the car was dancing all over the place, I was surprised it was as close as it was at the end. Very fun though.

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
4/23/15 8:13 p.m.

Dean, I watched the replay. You got squeezed out by Comp and Anth, though I don't think Anth knew you were there as he was a bit left of Comp and also trying to slot in behind him. In trying to get behind Comp you had your right rear wheel on the grass under braking, which made you come hard left into me.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/23/15 8:38 p.m.

Never realized i went hard left it was a bang bang then oh...... Ok there is the track lets keep going.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/24/15 12:02 a.m.

photo Matterhorn Rotenboden_zpskzkrzvwu.jpg

photo Matterhorn Rotenboden_1_zpsqmijdefs.jpg

photo Matterhorn Rotenboden_2_zpsiag22b1n.jpg

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/24/15 10:01 a.m.

Ahhhh... so Spool wasn't the only one violating the "2 wheels on the track at all times" rule!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/24/15 10:32 a.m.

LOL I wish I had saved that replay

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/24/15 10:47 a.m.

That's freeking great!!!!!!!!

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
4/24/15 10:58 a.m.

Not an Air amount of air, but still impressive! I'm going to have to watch the replay again to get the full effect.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/24/15 11:09 a.m.

You can see my car trying to get traction and starting to step out in that photo. I am starting to go opposite lock with the steering.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/24/15 3:22 p.m.

Yeah it was a pretty spectacular crash from the spin to avoid Comp to the air time to the long slide to a stop mid track.

I actually started laughing hard after the hairpin and thus spun two more times that lap!

mrmudd583
mrmudd583 New Reader
4/26/15 11:06 a.m.

What track we running tonight???

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/26/15 1:07 p.m.

Sounds like Dean is going to go with the Sierra track.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/26/15 1:09 p.m.

Here is a video of last Wed Vett race, 2nd race, last lap. I don't have the replay of the first race (the crazy one), so if anyone has that, I am hoping for some shots or videos of the craziness. (I also posted this in the thread in the main section)

https://youtu.be/AWWAltJLAWM

Things to note:

• The cars are twitchy, but you can see the desperation in both of them, Spool trying to catch up and pass on a track that it is super difficult to pass on, and Comp maybe getting a bit intimidated.

• Spool clearly has an extreme ability to recover from slides. This I think is a result of (other then talent) having his wheel set to 180 deg and likely little feed back.

• There is a point where Spool cannot brake and dives under Comp in a turn. He does exactly what you are supposed to do.

• The contact at the very end might be seen as iffy, but Comp messed up, Spool got a run and gave as much room as he could. I can't imagine it made much difference anyway, Spool was clearly going faster at that point (otherwise he never would have gotten next to him in the first place).

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/26/15 1:18 p.m.

Massively intimidated

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
4/26/15 4:37 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Sounds like Dean is going to go with the Sierra track.

If that's the case, it looks like it'll be 1 lap long for each race.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
4/26/15 5:10 p.m.

Arg..... I should be doing yard work and cleaning up my garage but everyone is sucking me back into games.

May have to do updates and spectate tonight then grind some creds and join y'all.

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
4/26/15 9:24 p.m.

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS

Round 10 - Circuito de la Sierra

Sunday Supra SSS

Race 1

1. Sauce
  2. air
  3. CAMi
  4. Mudd
  5. comp
  6. dean

Race 2

1. Sauce
  2. Mudd
  3. CAMi
  4. air
  5. comp
  6. dean

Sunday MR-2 Tuner

Race 1

1. Mudd
  2. Sauce
  3. comp
  4. CAMi
  5. dean
  6. air
  7. keith

Race 2

1. Sauce
  2. Mudd
  3. air
  4. dean
  5. comp
  6. CAMi
  7. keith
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/26/15 10:55 p.m.

That actually worked out better than I thought it would. I actually think the vets are going to be fun now that I have a bit of a clue as to where the track goes.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/26/15 10:58 p.m.

And welcome Keith

I hope you had a good time. That track is not the norm for what we do. Usually we run more normal tracks with more laps.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/27/15 8:11 a.m.

So how did qualifying work? I imagine it's too long of a track to do your outlap and a qualifying lap.

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
4/27/15 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon:

We didn't qualify. First starting order was reverse grid based on season points standings, and after that it was the standard reverse grid based on previous race results.

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33
Our Preferred Partners
jbAUKslvNVq7TyJqROAJ437N8KLM3N5xfdgcbnPOidiALpvFiMVZJtEGwq8u2Zcy