1 2 3
CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
10/31/14 10:08 a.m.

Given the fact there are going to be some weeks in the current season (#4) where there's no racing on the schedule, I thought this would be a good place to put forth suggestions as to what next seasons schedule and series should be.

A few days ago, I put forth the idea of having a go at a Ferrari Challenge series like they do in real-life. Initially, it was going to use the 458 Italia as a spec car, but after looking up the Wikipedia entry for the series and discussing the idea in the lobby and in the Season 4 thread here's the list of cars for a possible series that would work with the regulations of the Muscle Car series in regards of performance regulations.

• 458 Italia '09: 559 PP
  • California '08: 522 PP
  • SP1 '08: 540 PP
  • 430 Scudeira '07: 549 PP
  • F430 '06: 545 PP
  • 599 '06: 545 PP
dean1484 wrote: @Cam I like the car list so far. I would like to see what the tuning options are for these cars. My first thought is 550 pp on SS or SM tires. I also will need to see what kind if tuning we want to allow. I like the tuning regs for the MC series so we can start there. My gut says we may want to add in dif tuning. I don't want to add aero. I am not going to have time to do much testing for a couple weeks but I really like these cars. I think the series has huge potential.

Another possibility is all the drivers in the series race a 458 Italia modified to resemble the 458 Challenge Evoluzione used in the 2014 Ferrari Challenge Season. If anyone needs the tune, let me know and I'll post a link to it. As for race length, the real-life Ferrari Challenge races go for about 35 minutes. Since we cannot set the time limit to that with the lobby in Endurance mode, I'm thinking the races should be 30 minutes long like the Junior Touring Cars.

Another suggestion put forth...

dean1484 wrote: I also want to look at S2000s and see if a formula similar to either the MC or may be the EVO series would work.
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/31/14 4:03 p.m.

Cam I am going to drop this link here as it is to my general testing thread. May be use full.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/simulation-central/gran-turismo-6-gt-dean-test/89581/page1/

I actually need to update it with the evo specs as well as the JTC testing.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
11/2/14 11:55 p.m.

So what about the non tuner series.

How about a supercar? Or rotating Supercars?

Pagani/McLaren/Aston/Lexus/Ferrai

370z

RGT

KTM Xbow (I hear it is better now)

dean1484
11/3/14 2:57 p.m.

I am thinking we should re visit the CSC cars just eliminate the Dino, 2000, and the Stratos. We would have to look at the Alpines as well as they were really fast just diabolical handling.

dean1484
11/3/14 3:00 p.m.

The Ferrari series is not really a tuner except for adjusting power using the typical %90 ruel. Everything else was left stock including the trans. It was very interesting as the cars drive very differently but were all reasonably competitive.

dean1484
11/3/14 3:04 p.m.

We will also need a replacement for the EVO series. We have done FR, FF, and AWD. I am thinking a RR series of some kind. I was also thinking of a Mid engine Rear drive but that is usually supercar territory.

For the RR I was thinking possibly using MR2's. . .. . . OR how about a max tuned VW Gaia or something from the RUF line up? Do a one make & model race to keep things even and easy for people to just grab a car and go. No testing multiple cars and tuning multiple cars.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
11/3/14 4:29 p.m.

One thing that could be done with CSC2 would be to not allow shifting weight. THAT would eliminate the Stratos as a potential ringer, and probably have an interesting effect on others.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
11/3/14 5:10 p.m.

X2014 junior?

dean1484
11/3/14 7:58 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

That would not be the end of the world for the Dino. I could tune around it.

dean1484
11/3/14 8:01 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

I thought for sure you would be all over the VW or mr2 or possible ruf series.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
11/3/14 8:30 p.m.

I figured that is just assumed at this point.

You want a challenge? How about a RUF series where we start with SS and step down a tire every two races.

I had another interesting idea (have not tested much) for an unlimited VW bug series. Creates an interesting challenge regarding adding weight. You can add weight to the front, but you will be heavier. They are a strange handling car. Sort of an understeer / snap oversteer kind of thing. It would be a tuning challenge to make them consistent.

dean1484
11/3/14 9:26 p.m.

I like it!!!!

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
11/3/14 9:29 p.m.

I like the idea of Bug race. Obviously it's just going to be the 1200 and not the 49, right?

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
11/4/14 12:02 a.m.

Yes, the 66 (six volt, swing axle)

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
11/4/14 8:24 a.m.

Dean, there are actually quite a few MR cars that aren't supercars. You have 3 generations of the MR2, various Lotuses (Loti?), the NSX is a great car but I wouldn't classify it as as supercar, the DeLorean, RUF 3400S (Boxster), Clio, Mazda Autozam, MGF, Renault 5 Turbo, and last and probably least, the Honda Beat. Some will probably take quite a bit of work to make competitive, but there definitely are options.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
11/4/14 8:30 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Yes, the 66 (six volt, swing axle)

Want to try an interesting experiment? Do a max. build of the 66, put a set of RS tires on it and try to keep the shiny side up OFFLINE.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/4/14 9:41 a.m.

I like the idea of a spec bug series.

dean1484
11/4/14 9:44 a.m.
e30Matt wrote: Dean, there are actually quite a few MR cars that aren't supercars. You have 3 generations of the MR2, various Lotuses (Loti?), the NSX is a great car but I wouldn't classify it as as supercar, the DeLorean, RUF 3400S (Boxster), Clio, Mazda Autozam, MGF, Renault 5 Turbo, and last and probably least, the Honda Beat. Some will probably take quite a bit of work to make competitive, but there definitely are options.

Aren't a lot of these RR cars?

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
11/4/14 10:05 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

No, they are MR. There aren't that many RR cars, mostly the other RUF's, Beetle, Karmann Ghia, and the Alpines. There may be another couple out there, but there really aren't a lot of them.

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
11/4/14 7:51 p.m.

For the Ferrari Challenge, I'm thinking some of the longer tracks should come into play like Spa, Nurburgring GP/F, Fuji F, Twin Ring Motegi Road Course, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course and Grand Valley Speedway to name a few.

Also, the final round for next season if the Ferrari Challenge is included should be held at Monza.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
11/4/14 8:49 p.m.

In sure it goes without saying, but I fully support an s2000 series

dean1484
11/4/14 10:07 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: In sure it goes without saying, but I fully support an s2000 series

Only if you come back and race with us. I like that car. Would we do a race prepared car or a tuned stock car or a completely stock car. I was thinking we could do it using one of the paintable race cars and use the Mazda touring car rules.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
11/5/14 6:03 p.m.

I would love to, but Wednesdays are still quite busy for the foreseeable future

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
11/10/14 10:48 a.m.

So I was looking into it, There are 26 wagons in the game, if you include suvs like the Vibe and Element, and minivans like the Avantime and Odyssey. I excluded the Sti wagons, because those would be cheating.

You could do a series of those pretty easily, but the PP would likely have to be 500 or lower to accommodate the slugs in the group.

Kei cars would be really fun, but I don't know that the Autozam and Cappuccino wouldn't just beat up on all the others.

We could do a Big Porky FWD series. Like HH but way worse. Starting weight of at least 1400kg. About 15 from what I saw, but I may have missed some. Plus I own and drive most of them. (I'm actually just looking for a series for my 406 >.> )

Spoolpigeon wrote: I would love to, but Wednesdays are still quite busy for the foreseeable future

Then hold the S2000 series for Sunday and you show up for that one.

E: We could do a low end MR race. There's a ton of them. The Speedsters, both Opel and Vauxhaull, MR2/S, the MGs, the Honda Beats, Autozam, the Hommell, the Europas, and the R5 turbo. You could maybe do the 3400S, Clio and Elise depending on the PP, but I'd say they'd likely end up ringer cars.

Poor mans race car series using the cheapo cars available in the game.

You've got 3 VWs, two Lupos and a Beetle, the Nissan MMR Cup, the Spoon Fit, the 87 Motul Civic and the Drider Civic, and the Hyundai Click. All under 50k, and it might make for a pretty interesting series.

CAMikaze
CAMikaze Reader
11/10/14 4:44 p.m.
Grizz wrote: Poor mans race car series using the cheapo cars available in the game. You've got 3 VWs, two Lupos and a Beetle, the Nissan MMR Cup, the Spoon Fit, the 87 Motul Civic and the Drider Civic, and the Hyundai Click. All under 50k, and it might make for a pretty interesting series.

No Camaro's? They are the Poor Man's Corvette after all...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
15gY270GQsx5RaTYruhVSHQYuCesKMOn6YDZKEqW9bxKjQuPRmzIHbIKGlsJuh2y