1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 12:22 p.m.

Air you should try the Road E cars.  They are faster than you think.  You have street brakes so dive bombing corners almost always ends badly.  To me they are a good balance of momentum with enough power to keep it fun.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/3/20 1:37 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It'll depend on what is going any given day. I wouldn't put it past me to drop in to drive an orange car and miss a brake point or two. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/3/20 10:26 p.m.

I went through the track list and picked out the tracks that we either have not used or barely used.  A lot are smaller track so they might be good for the road cars.  I did not include the RallyX tracks.  Some of them look pretty interesting.  Some are DLC, but I am not sure which (Porsche for sure)

• Bannochbrae Road Circuit (we ran this one once a long time ago)
  • Barcelona (3 variations)
  • Hockenheim (short)
  • Indianapolis road course
  • Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
  • Mohave (this is that hill course)
  • Monza short
  • Monza classic
  • Oschersleben
  • Porsche Leipzig (3 versions, all small)
  • Rouen Les Essarts
  • Sakitto (short versions)
  • Spa Historic
  • Texas motor speedway roadcourses
  • Willow springs Horse Thief Mile
  • Zolder
e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
8/4/20 9:04 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

In regards to the tracks, Brannochbrae is super long, I think laps were more than 3 minutes in the road A cars, which isn't necessarily a bad thing just worth noting. Historic spa has like 6 turns and really only cares about top speed so everyone is going to choose the same car. The horse thief mile is tiny and absolutely awful for racing, there are zero straights and the track is too narrow to go 2 wide basically anywhere. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/4/20 9:11 a.m.

So, you are saying Horse Thief Mile in Trophy Trucks with track limits off.  I like that idea.

(my brain work funny)

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
8/4/20 11:35 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

100%. I will likely be working but you should definitely do it. 

dean1484
8/5/20 12:28 p.m.

So what are we doing tonight?  Sprint race format or Air's .. . .  .  ahhhh sugestion?  Both?  

I would like to try the Road E at a middle sized track with AI set at 100/25.  I have been practicing with those AI settings at GPF and it seems to be a decent balance of the AI having good speed while not being to aggressive and blowing you off the track in the first corner.  Beyond that I am open to suggestions for both cars and tracks.

(I am assuming that I am hosting?)  Or Air do you want to host?  I think I figuared out how to make it so we can change it up to any car/class after every race.

Ohya and are we going to alow tuning or is it default tunes for testing?

dean1484
8/5/20 12:29 p.m.

OR Horse Thief Mile with Australian Super Cars.  You know just because the Lotus worked out so well.   

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/5/20 1:25 p.m.

I say Road E and try a few of the tracks we haven't used (most are small which should be good).  Horse Thief is basically a drift track.

You go ahead and host and see if you can set it up with full control.  I am not sure how many we will get tonight (Brad and TJ are likely out) so you might consider an open room (if it turns into s-show, we can go to a closed room).

dean1484
8/6/20 3:18 p.m.

Good fun last night.  Need to figure out the driving aids on the road E cars and see if it was a room setting.  2 hours went by really fast!!.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/6/20 3:24 p.m.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I was able to drive the M1 without aids.   It might be the Force Realistic Aids (or something like that) setting.

The German guy was interesting and really good for being on a controller.  His English was not so goodly though.

dean1484
8/8/20 4:30 p.m.

Anyone around tonight to turn some laps?  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/12/20 10:19 a.m.

I've torn my calf muscle and am out of all racing activity (real and virtual) for a couple weeks; doctors orders to not extend the muscle.

But I've found this if you want to upgrade:  https://acelith.com/collections/mods

dean1484
8/13/20 10:42 a.m.

I need to see if there is a way to turn off the nannies in the street cars.  They are REALLY annoying.  I think the issue is going to be that it will be an all or nothing type thing and I know that some of us like to have a little ABS.  The stability control is the big one that I need to sort out.  This may make using the street cars a non starter moving forward.  That is sad as there are some that were fun to drive.

The Ferrari we drove last night was good fun.  I think that one goes on to the list.

dean1484
8/19/20 6:16 p.m.

So we will be messing around again tonight. 

dean1484
8/20/20 8:00 a.m.

Good fun last night with the road cars now that we got the TC and SC turned off. 

dean1484
8/20/20 8:00 a.m.

Weird that we could not get the dirt tracks to work. 

dean1484
8/26/20 4:18 p.m.

Another night of testing. Bring some ideas. Hopefully TJ will make it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2aMGZxB5AA9mnJj6SJFu3tNKwHX5qbpLKBXagS1qWmyz8d7aNs4Oa99ntyOO5tWk