1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/16/20 10:36 p.m.

Well, I "fixed" my wheel with some redneck engineering that is passable for short stints.  Most of the buttons don't work nor do the paddle shifters, but the manual shifter works in sequential mode and it registers wheel rotation correctly.  I'll probably limit myself to the Logitech stuff until the new wheel arrives since it's so hard to drive but hopefully I can be back out there with you guys soon.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/20 7:39 p.m.

So usual time?  My son may do some laps as well. I mean he can rob it drive this crazy car better than me. 

dean1484
6/17/20 7:41 p.m.

Is drinking required for this tonight?  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/20 9:15 p.m.
BradLTL
6/17/20 10:55 p.m.

Dk... "I didn't touch him"

dean1484
6/18/20 12:19 a.m.

So I can assume he just turned away from DK?  Those are great images!!!!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/18/20 7:08 a.m.

Formula C is fairly entertaining, but if we are going to do open wheelers, I'd rather do it in one of the faster classes. 
EDIT: Not Formula X or Formula A, so I guess Formula Renault.

GTE is a good class. I did a few laps in the Ford with special Sauce tune, didn't really like it. Switched to the Porsche and was a couple seconds faster. Still way slower than Sauce's time.

Are we doing a spec series this time? Can we go back to allowing tuning? What about damage?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/18/20 8:49 a.m.

I tested out a few cars today. I still think we should do a spec series with the Ferrari 333SP. That car is fun, sounds wonderful, fast, easy enough to drive.

Have we ever tested out the Renault RS01 Trophy? It looks a bit like their GT3 car but has more power. It may be fun, but I haven't tried it yet.

I tried Formula A for the first time. I'd like to do a series with these, but not really suitable for arrive and drive. Complicated with KERS and DRS and a bit too fast and wild. Not recommended.

I want to drive the BMW V12 LMR Group C car and see how that is. It's in the same class as the 333SP and comes in a more interesting selection of liveries than the Ferrari.

BradLTL
6/18/20 11:19 a.m.
T.J. said:

Formula C is fairly entertaining, but if we are going to do open wheelers, I'd rather do it in one of the faster classes. 

I really like the way they drive... they just need to be about 20-30% faster.  I don't think I've tried Formula A.

Based on last night the RadBull is not gonna happen.  Maybe it's tunable into something that can be driven, but it would take forever and still not be fun.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/18/20 12:04 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Try Formula Renault. Formula A are F1 cars. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/18/20 12:42 p.m.
BradLTL said:

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/18/20 1:51 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Line?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/18/20 5:38 p.m.

Another open wheel candidate. The Lotus 78B (Vintage Formula 1 B) is also interesting. Sounds good, lots of livery choices, not too crazy but not too tame. 

dean1484
6/18/20 5:56 p.m.
aircooled said:
BradLTL said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa  I was going to post this now that I have looked at it on my office computer screen and not my phone.  There is no light between the shadows of the cars.  I call that a punt and the way the car rotated.  Hummmmmmmmmmm  LOL  

dean1484
6/18/20 5:59 p.m.

I really did pummel that guy.  I feel bad for him as he was holding his line.  Then BAM he is sideways in front of me.  That was really funny and besides why not go 3 wide through the esses.  LOL 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/18/20 6:01 p.m.

Brad, is there a car we can choose to get Argo back?

dean1484
6/18/20 6:02 p.m.

Looks like tire markes to me on DK's car.  laugh

BradLTL
6/18/20 6:07 p.m.
T.J. said:

I will ask. He'll probably give some lame excuse like "working".

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/19/20 8:02 a.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Try Formula Renault. Formula A are F1 cars. 

Brad, Formula Renault.

Did a few laps today. Similar to Formula C, but with more power. No KERS or DRS to complicate things. Really fun cars. Faster than GTE, sound is good, comp tires available, lots of liveries, no ABS or TC. If open wheel series is in the cards, this car is a shoo in. 

dean1484
6/20/20 11:40 a.m.

I am out this week   I am up at the lake house and don't have my ps4 up here. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/20/20 12:28 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Looks like it will be another testing week like last week, except this week will include the wonderful Formula Renault.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/21/20 2:11 p.m.
BradLTL said:
T.J. said:

I will ask. He'll probably give some lame excuse like "working".

Good guess.  I just don't make it home in time to race most days.  I will still do an occasional race when I can as long as you guys don't start talking about GT Sport.

dean1484
6/21/20 5:45 p.m.

So Argo what do you think about GT Sport. laugh

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/22/20 1:53 p.m.

Woo, my new wheel arrived a day early! It feels weird in that it's actually a slightly larger diameter and is quite a bit heavier, but I like it. The extra mass reduces the FFB effects a bit without losing the feel, so things like hitting sausage curbs don't jack the wheel like they did before. The larger diameter is actually a good thing too, I have a habit of my steering inputs being a bit too large so reducing that a bit should be an improvement. It's going to take a little while to get used to it though. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/22/20 6:17 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Nice. 

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
POCAsNdAFsL9p3OupJZVPX47UmD8JBp7eIR0j17ekKeX2tsOBKvQV2dPhVAVMUqm