1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/2/20 2:35 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

This may be a case where whomever spins the least wins. I will say that high speed right near the end of the lap before the silly hairpin is great in these cars. Easy to get a nice 4 wheel drift through there.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/4/20 9:06 a.m.

Did a few laps this morning. Looks like we'll start with 55L and need maybe 85L for the race. Tire change takes longer than fuel, but didn't run enough laps to know how much tire wear to expect.

Trying to work on a safe race pace, but it's tricky for me to turn consistent laps. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/6/20 10:54 a.m.

So I created something last week in our test system that wasn't supposed to go live until June that has been fast tracked to being implemented tonight. It *shouldn't* take too long, but you never really know and will require validation after I'm done. If things go well I should be able to join though possibly late, if not then you guys have fun wink

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/6/20 11:43 a.m.

I suspect that there will be plenty of support to push a week if you can't make it. Either way works for me, but if it's just going to be 4 cars on track, I'd vote to push a week to get 5 cars.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/6/20 12:52 p.m.

I don't mind pushing a week. 

Also, I feel like this race should have a 2 drink minimum. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/6/20 1:01 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Two drinks is not enough to give me the spins, but the track/car combo is. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/6/20 10:36 p.m.

My mic died in the race. It did that popping noise, then nothing. It took me a while to realize I wasn't actually going out when I was talking.

Love that track, but I created a mischief when I pitted. Decided to go for fresh tires based on the gap to Air. My untested pit strategy that was supposed to give me 36psi on all four tires, didn't quite work out that way and my rears were running 37.5psi for most of the second half of the race which made the car a little more interesting. I managed to keep the spins to a manageable level. Spun twice on the carousel, once at the top of the hill and once at the double apex at the end of the drag strip. I was planning on 1:40 race pace, but most of my laps ended up below that. I averaged 1:41.3 counting lap 1 and my pit in and pit out laps, so that was surprising.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/7/20 7:02 a.m.

Good race "TJ"

(S)T(ig).J.
(S)T(ig).J. MegaDork
5/7/20 8:00 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Thanks. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/20 8:54 a.m.

I actually did not mind that car as much as I thaught I was going to. Next week is a complete change. I am going to have to practice some to get used to a car with aero and grip. It is going to be a fun race next week!!!  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/7/20 9:30 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yes, it will be a lot different. I ran the Ford GT at the ring back before our names got pulled from the hat. It was the car I was hoping to get. Hopefully the default setup is ok. We should be able to change brake bias at least in this one.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/7/20 9:59 a.m.

I had to practice a bit for Sonoma because I won the GTE race there (Sauce still had the terrible BMW) and the GT1 race (Sauce got killed at the start and was last or near last at T1). Wanted to keep the streak alive and again luck was on my side, getting a free minute while Sauce pulled over to create a pit strategy more than likely is the only reason I was able to win, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, so I'll take it.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/7/20 10:20 a.m.

Ordered a new headset. Should have it before next week's race.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/20 12:27 p.m.

What did you get?  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/7/20 12:31 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X9W721J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted another wireless one, but figured I wouldn't get the cheapest one this time.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/7/20 6:16 p.m.

Ford GT GTE at Nurburgring: start with 88L. Use about 2.5L/lap. At the most 32 laps, but 31 or 30 seem more likely. No refueling needed. No idea on tire wear since I only did a handful of laps. 

No stopper may work. Or could pit for a second set of hard slicks. Or could pit for a set of soft slicks. Track temp is a little above optimum for softs, but probably doable without over heating them. Not sure what pit stop delta is. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/7/20 6:20 p.m.

With the aero on those cars,  I suspect you might be able to stretch tires.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/7/20 6:23 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I think so. The hards last a long time. I suspect strategies that make sense are no stopper, or 1 stopper for softs. Depends on pit delta and laptime delta between hards and softs. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/8/20 1:42 p.m.

I am curious.... those cars seem like kind of a tight fit... after the last race.... how will TJ fit his head into the car...

You also might want to call Gary Busy, he might have a helmet that can be modified to fit:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/8/20 1:44 p.m.

Too bad there is not a classic Mini in the game, then we could do one of these.  I would love to see more racing like this!:

(check out the front camber this guy is running on the Mustang!)

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/8/20 7:01 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Hey you can't go posting a video I posted in a different thread right after Gary Buseying me. Lol.

In other news, I got a new driver lined up to join us Wednesday. xXDriver_13Xx. He's pretty quick. I'll send him the invite, unless he shows up here on the forum first. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/9/20 1:29 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

He's good, I had some great racing with him in the Logitech series. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/11/20 7:16 a.m.

Looks like I will be mic-less this week. For some reason Amazon thinks my new headset is not a priority item and they delayed the shipping. It's not even left yet. Free 2 day shipping used to be real, now apparently it's more like 2 weeks. Oh well, I guess I should be happy I can get it at all.

EDIT:  I've done a few laps and I think I will find that I am a couple seconds off the pace, but the car is nice to drive and the default setup is not too bad.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/11/20 9:55 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

What times are you running? I think the times posted after the last race were in the 1:52 range. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/11/20 10:46 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Not in the 1:52's that is for sure. My best lap is more like mid 54's and most laps have been a couple seconds slower than that. Without a bunch of practicing, I'll be happy with a race pace more like 1:57 or so it seems. You and Driver13 (and darkwing if he returns) will run off into the distance from me I expect.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
58QDg0TCpYFOimCYd8V0artxENdKoep3HRsplXWkKy0Ud2RVoP8qLUFiLAXsgxSI