1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/18 7:08 a.m.

Rocket bunny and I think it is a gt3 car. 

dean1484
3/30/18 7:10 a.m.

You all realize that if I get my but handed to me by Spool in a rocket bunny I will forever be shamed. wink

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/30/18 8:01 p.m.

Wednesday will be interesting. My network troubles seem to be continuing. I’ve isolated the issue down to an old linksys router (running DD-WRT)  that I’m using as a hub/range extender. It appears to be crapping out. Problem is that is what the PS4 is connected through. I could continue to engineer a solution, but I didn’t. Instead I just dropped a large chunk of cash on a new asus ac2900. It should be here in 3-5 business days. 

Is like for that to be up and running for Wednesday, but I think I have a backup plan in case. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/30/18 9:23 p.m.

How do we find the race? Is it a lobby room?

dean1484
3/30/18 10:11 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

You are invited in to the room. We need your PS4 Id so we can add you as a friend. Then when brad sets up the room he sends invites. Brad seems to be on around 8:30 eastern but many times the rest of us are on earlier to practice so we invite each other in to the room until brad invites us to the room he sets up for the race. 

It sounds clunky but it works well. 

dean1484
3/30/18 10:13 p.m.

Brad. You should make a list of the PS4 id and GRM names for people that want to join in and send friend requests. 

dean1484
3/30/18 10:17 p.m.

Have we finalized our cars yet?   I am 99.9 percent set on the Bentley.  I have one more thing to try on the Cadillac to see if it tames it. I know the Cadillac is faster I just can not keep it from getting away from me at anything over 9/10ths

dean1484
3/30/18 10:26 p.m.
BradLTL said:

Wednesday will be interesting. My network troubles seem to be continuing. I’ve isolated the issue down to an old linksys router (running DD-WRT)  that I’m using as a hub/range extender. It appears to be crapping out. Problem is that is what the PS4 is connected through. I could continue to engineer a solution, but I didn’t. Instead I just dropped a large chunk of cash on a new asus ac2900. It should be here in 3-5 business days. 

Is like for that to be up and running for Wednesday, but I think I have a backup plan in case. 

Amazon prime have it Tuesday 

https://www.amazon.com/Dual-band-Dual-core-AiProtection-Compatible-RT-AC86U/dp/B0752FD3XJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522466505&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+ac2900&dpID=41UaqAudiML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Brad are you connecting wirelessly?  I have found that hardwiring the ps is much better especially for on line games.

BradLTL
3/31/18 7:21 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

No. I ran wires through my basement just for you. 

The problem I have is my primary router is an airport express and it only has like 1 Ethernet port. So I am using my old linksys as a hub effectively. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/31/18 1:53 p.m.

My PSN name is M10PSI. 

I've settled on the Audi for this series after trying out most of the GT3 cars. It is the car that I was the most consistent with without spending a lot of time messing with the setup from the default setup. I really wanted the Ferrari because every race needs a gentleman driver in a Ferrari doing dumb things and causing havoc. 

dean1484
3/31/18 2:10 p.m.

Don’t worry the tangerine torpedo will be in the house. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
3/31/18 7:50 p.m.
aircooled said:
Spoolpigeon said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Efff some GT3 cars. Those have zero appeal after trying them for the other series. 

Preach brother!  

BTW Spool, I still need to show off my 911 livery to you and your group.  I think they would really appreciate it.  Let me know when you guys are online and I can stop by.  I haven’t been messing with GTS much lately so I am not online much.

We’re doing a silly season at the moment: Thursday Night Sword Fights, sometimes on Sunday too. 7pm eastern, so like 3am Pacific time? N400 cars on Comfort Soft tires. 3 lap races, winning car gets booted from the series. We’ll run it until we run out of cars, then come up with something stupider. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
3/31/18 7:50 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Rocket bunny and I think it is a gt3 car. 

OK, now I might have to try it lol

dean1484
4/1/18 8:17 a.m.

Zolder is going to be fun. Tight track with some very slow corners. Passing is going to be lots of fun. I ran a bunch of laps and got a best of 1:38.  

bslate3
bslate3 Reader
4/1/18 12:33 p.m.

I’ve been trying to figure out this game. Why the heck do all the cars have SO MUCH snap oversteer?! It’s like I’m driving on ice ALL the time. 

dean1484
4/1/18 12:57 p.m.
bslate3 said:

I’ve been trying to figure out this game. Why the heck do all the cars have SO MUCH snap oversteer?! It’s like I’m driving kn I’ve ALL the time. 

I agree. It can be very frustrating. I don’t think they have the physics correct yet “for a game” but it can be tamed but it takes a lot of tuning.  However once you get it right it is fantastic.  I have wrestled with this as it is very much how real cars are and that is not for everyone. Most people want the physics of GT6. But that is not really How race cars are in real life. Race cars tend to let go and then you are gone. Unless you are a pro you are not saving it. That is why the F1 drivers get paid so much. Only a select few have that talent.  Us mortals can not do it.  

If it makes you feel better there were 12 bots and four humans racing last Wednesday. The humans were in 13 14 15 and 16. It is a really tough to be good at.  I am way behind the curve on this game. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
4/1/18 1:38 p.m.
bslate3 said:

I’ve been trying to figure out this game. Why the heck do all the cars have SO MUCH snap oversteer?! It’s like I’m driving kn I’ve ALL the time. 

That’s why I haven’t played it much. It’s unrealistic in that sense. Plus the settings are immense and way over my head for the most part, so I’m not making any headway in making the cars drivable. 

dean1484
4/1/18 1:47 p.m.

The problem with s they have applied the same set of physics to all the cars and that is just not real life. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/1/18 5:24 p.m.

Are we going to stick with the rolling starts?  Still says so on page 1. Just want to practice the correct start. Sounds like the starts were tough last week during testing. 

If rolling starts, what about the formation lap?

BradLTL
4/1/18 5:25 p.m.

No. We’ll go back to standing starts. I just haven’t updated the OP yet. 

(Slacker)

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/1/18 6:00 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Good. That's the way I've been practicing. 

dean1484
4/1/18 6:02 p.m.

I liked the rolling starts. I mean we need more speed going in to the first turn with 16 cars all packed together. Since I seem to be qualifying in the back it is my best chance to pick up some spots. laugh

dean1484
4/1/18 6:11 p.m.

I was playing with bot settings and at 70/40 the bots are slow. In the Bentley I pass the entire field of 30 cars in three to five laps. What I am noticing is the the speed of the bots seems to also effect there aggressiveness. At a setting of 80/40. They are much faster and more aggressive I am thinking of trying something like 80/35 or 75/40 or 75/35. I like the speed of there speed at 80 so maybe just dropping the aggression a bit will keep them a little calmer. What I have noticed is that at the 80/40 setting is that if you get off line in a corner they will go for it. You really have to block the line to keep from getting shunted. Otherwise they will go for it. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/1/18 6:21 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:
bslate3 said:

That’s why I haven’t played it much. It’s unrealistic in that sense. Plus the settings are immense and way over my head for the most part, so I’m not making any headway in making the cars drivable. 

You really need to try some of the older and non-aero cars.  They are much easier to control at the limit and lack the "autospin" thing.  I still need to do some aero tests, but I think that is what does it.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/18 6:36 p.m.
bslate3 said:

This is for anyone trying to get decent in this game:  Start by turning off the traction control and turning off the abs.  Use the "stable" setup in the game and start running practice until you have a feel for the car.  The traction control masks the true handling right up until it snaps loose.  The ABS masks the brake feel.  If you have a bit of rear bias, you wont feel it with ABS under full braking but as you let off and the ABS releases you will snap into oversteer on corner entry.  As you gain a feel for the cars you will be able to feed back in  the amount of TC and ABS that is appropriate.

I really didn't like this sim when I first got it.  It seemed impossible to get a decent feel for the handling.  It is more accurate and difficult than arcade games like GT6/S.  Turning off the TC and ABS while learning let me get a much better feel for the game in a short period of time.  Now I have a decent feel and respect for the game's realism.   I'm still not good but I know that it is me, not the sim.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a78M6rU6K9XcjFV0IUuAC0jtpq40OSuzUxPhNexxZSW3KOQcrLTPoi4TTaegn2rv