1 2 3 ... 13
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/29/18 11:06 a.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Project CARS2  series #4.

This is a 9 round GT3 Championship series hosted on the PlayStation4. Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged. The Stewards will be watching.

The series will be run on **Wednesday nights at 9:30ET**.

The first race will be on: **July 11th, 2018**

PS+ is required to participate.

Car Class:

Vintage Touring - A  will be the competitive class.

All Drivers will be required to drive the: 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8

Rounds:

Rules:

• Races will be based on time as follows: Practice 30 minutes / Qualification 15 minutes / Race 30 minutes
  • Realistic Driving Aids
  • Fuel usage is set to Yes
  • Tire usage will be set to "Accelerated"
  • Damage will have a visual impact
  • Flag will be ON
  • Standing starts
  • Track Limit Penalties will be OFF
  • Drive Through Penalties will be OFF
  • Ghost cars will be ON
  • AI drivers will fill the field and be start at 85%.  This will increase by 5% as needed to keep competitive
  • AI drivers aggression will be set to 25%
  • Competitive Racing License will be ON
  • Time progression 2x

• 1st - 25pts
  • 2nd - 20pts
  • 3rd - 18pts
  • 4th through 16th will be -1pt per position with 16th getting 5pts
  • AI drivers will take points away from humans
  • DNS / DNF / DQ will score 0 points

Championship Standings:

Replays:

Round 1 - Willow Springs

N/A

Round 2 - Fuji GP

Round 3 - Long Beach

Round 4 - Bathurst

https://youtu.be/wwVpMbpN33M

Round 5 - Leipzig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J98l0WzR3_E

Round 6 - Sugo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0hu8_pNdg8

Round 7 - Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NYM8DJpiY&feature=youtu.be

Round 8 - Azure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6JgBQvmH0

Round 9 - Bugatti

https://youtu.be/BiI7XJOrMaE

BradLTL
6/29/18 11:08 a.m.

I'm going to miss round 4, so when we get closer we'll need to find an alternate host.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/29/18 1:05 p.m.

Should be a fun season.  Should we claim a livery so we are all different? I want one of the Brumos cars.  I think there are two of them. I'll check tomorrow to be sure. Traveling for work, so no PS4 right now. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/29/18 4:04 p.m.

I ran a few laps at Willow, I remembered liking the car but had forgotten how much.  I would advise against hitting the curbs, especially in the high speed sections as that tends to not go too well.  And since someone needs to do it I'll go ahead and throw out a time of 1:25.0 as a starting point (AI at 90 was in the mid-26's).

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/29/18 5:22 p.m.

I like big willow. I should be on a bit next week for some practice/setup work. 

Only one wet race and it's on a track I've yet to even look at. 

BradLTL
6/29/18 6:12 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

These cars don’t like the wet like the GT and LMP cars. I didn’t want to overdo the rain and spoil the fun. 

I did try to come up with a good looking series. Please note the times on the races. Some are in the morning, others in the evening. Add the weather effects and we should have plenty of sights to enjoy. 

The tracks themselves should be interesting. I picked tracks we hadn’t run in a series yet. As it turns out, they favor high HP cars. It could be more of a challenge to get on the podium than if all the cars were the same. It could shake up the points. You may beat all the other drivers but only finish like 5th. Add to that two street circuits. Long Beach won’t be bad, it’s wide, but Monaco could be a destruction derby. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/29/18 9:30 p.m.

Long Beach will be a challenge.  Monaco, a disaster with the haphazard AI.   

This car responds more to gearing changes than setup changes.  I can run about the same lap time with a stiff or soft setup.  Brad and I went online for a few laps to mess with setups.  At the end of the session I was able to get into the mid to low 24's.  It's been a while since I've run Willow.  Trying to remember the nuances.   The full class AI will take some getting used to.  I had a few close encounters of the third kind, including a Mustang that was driving about 12" above the road surface.

Argo1
6/29/18 9:39 p.m.

BTW, Happy Birthday Dean!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/18 11:56 p.m.

Thanks Argo. You and Brad should have joined Sauce and I tonight.   If my reading of the records is correct Sauce and I are 1 and 2 in the world for lap times with this car at that track.  But I could have miss read things on Steam. I am with Sauce on these cars being one I like very much. I was having issues with the car catching air over that little rise with the right hand turn before the back strait and then landing it. Kind of fun actually but you need the whole track.  I think that this car will also necessitate a qualifying setup and a race setup due to the really high tire pressures at the start of a race. The optimal tire pressure range seems to be a pound or so lower than other cars and the fall off in over all grip is really fast as you exceed the optimal pressures.  But get it right and it is an absolute joy to drive. No drama just goes where you want it to. 

dean1484
6/30/18 12:04 a.m.

Sauce. I was just thinking. I think you had made the adjustment to the rear bar and that was the difference between the final setup I sent you and the setup you ran the  hot lap with. I remember this as you could only go down in the front in increments of five but you can go up in increments of two in the rear making it a smaller overall adjustment.  Does that sound right?  

dean1484
6/30/18 12:07 a.m.

As for car colors I am claiming my usual orange. 

dean1484
6/30/18 12:08 a.m.

I assume Sauce is red. Air will be blue. Argo in yellow?  I don’t know what tj and Brad run. 

BradLTL
6/30/18 7:29 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I’ll run the green #43

BradLTL
6/30/18 7:39 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Thanks Argo. You and Brad should have joined Sauce and I tonight.   If my reading of the records is correct Sauce and I are 1 and 2 in the world for lap times with this car at that track.  But I could have miss read things on Steam. 

The fast time on Steam is a 1:22.1

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/30/18 7:56 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It was 2nd and 3rd with full fuel setups, but who's counting. And I think you're right about the change, I'll have to try that again. And yes, I do plan on running red, I think it was number 63. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/30/18 8:37 a.m.

White #59 for me. 

Argo1
6/30/18 8:46 a.m.

I will continue to run the solid yellow car.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/30/18 10:02 a.m.

I will take that dark blue car.  Not sure what number it is.

dean1484
6/30/18 10:11 a.m.
BradLTL said:
dean1484 said:

Thanks Argo. You and Brad should have joined Sauce and I tonight.   If my reading of the records is correct Sauce and I are 1 and 2 in the world for lap times with this car at that track.  But I could have miss read things on Steam. 

The fast time on Steam is a 1:22.1

Ok so I did miss read it. As sauce said second and third. Not first and second. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/30/18 10:58 a.m.

I did my first RSR laps at Willow and ao far my best lap is high 1:25's. I like that there are options for the gear ratios. I have work to do setup wise   

Looking forward to playing with the AIs in the other cars. 

dean1484
6/30/18 12:04 p.m.

I am starting to think like air here but at the mid season break we could all change to another one of the cars in the class.  

dean1484
6/30/18 12:05 p.m.

Think Jaaaaaags.   LOL.

BradLTL
6/30/18 1:04 p.m.

Glamour shot time...

dean1484
6/30/18 7:55 p.m.

Probably  going to be on later. It occurred to me that I should probably try the car at a shorter tighter course. See if my willow tune works as well. 

BradLTL
6/30/18 7:58 p.m.

2 bonus points for the best glamour shot prior to round 1. I’ll make my wife judge to keep it fair (trust me, this is in your advantage).

1 2 3 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bS9D0vGGohC4fLTRaXtk9H4rTydRYTl8Ta6re4QGla7DYPckadsscCRb8D46sKcK