1 ... 10 11 12 13 14
Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/19 2:58 p.m.

Don't be surprised if I show up in a Panoz.

Edit:  I will run the Panoz #45 for the last two races.  After running a few laps at the Hockenheimring, I was 4 seconds per lap faster right out of the box with the Panoz vs. the Ferrari and it wasn't trying to kill me.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/19 8:49 a.m.

So what happened at the start?  Was I the cause of that bumper cars?  

dean1484
1/25/19 8:53 a.m.

Looked at the replay and I can not see me but it looks like Brad was going strait so it was on me. I will say I did not know you were out there. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/19 9:37 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Looked at the replay and I can not see me but it looks like Brad was going strait so it was on me. I will say I did not know you were out there. 

You’ll be fined the cost to repair my virtual car.  cheeky

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/25/19 9:44 a.m.

I did some laps at Hockenheim. It is a fun track. T1 &T5 seem like tire killers. Not sure if there is a fast way through those without some sliding. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/25/19 10:20 a.m.
Argo1 said:

Don't be surprised if I show up in a Panoz.

Edit:  I will run the Panoz #45 for the last two races.  After running a few laps at the Hockenheimring, I was 4 seconds per lap faster right out of the box with the Panoz vs. the Ferrari and it wasn't trying to kill me.

I am sure you will find it far less frustrating to drive then the Ferrari...

.... LeMans is likely to be a lonely race for you though.  I think I was topping out at sub 190 in our brief test?

dean1484
1/25/19 10:24 a.m.

Watched the second part of the vid at the office on my computer.  I was on my phone earlier and only watched the in car part of it.  Definitely my fault.  I was having wheel issues.  It was like my wheel was 360 out at the start as it wanted to recalibrate when the lights went red and it was sorta done when things went green.  I definitely came across the track in to you Brad.  That was all on me.  I was trying to roll away slow at the start so I would not loose to much ground.  The wheel was just coming back to center from the calibration as the lights went green.  I should have waited another second or two but would probably have got hit from behind at that point.      

dean1484
1/25/19 10:25 a.m.

Argo I don't care what you drive just show up!!!  Even if you want to change cars for each race left in the series!!!

BradLTL
1/25/19 10:28 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

No worries. Oddly, it ended up being one of my better races despite the start. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/25/19 11:04 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I have a decent setup I can send you for Hockenheim. I'll tweak it some more before Wed, but whenever you want it, ping me and I can send it to you.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/19 9:04 p.m.

The Hockenheimring is a track where significant time can be gained by going wide on the track. Do we need the track police?

dean1484
1/27/19 1:02 p.m.

So anyone around tonight?  

BradLTL
1/27/19 1:07 p.m.
dean1484 said:

So anyone around tonight?  

I might be up for laps. Depends on if my wife makes it to True Detective or not. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/27/19 1:18 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I may be on for a bit tonight. 

dean1484
1/27/19 3:03 p.m.

We could do the 42 min of Daytona?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/28/19 10:32 a.m.

Did a few laps with Sauce last night. I need to work on a couple corners still, but did manage my fastest lap so far. 

BradLTL
1/28/19 11:26 a.m.
T.J. said:

Did a few laps with Sauce last night. I need to work on a couple corners still, but did manage my fastest lap so far. 

I watched True Detective with the wife. At the mere suggestion that we watch it a day late drew a scowl and a “I’ve been waiting for this”

BradLTL
1/29/19 7:18 a.m.

Spent some quality time with the Mercedes last night. Now I’m regretting not having driven it for the full season. I was as close to Sauce as I have been (still a few seconds back).  The setup I have on the car makes it feel like it’s going to kill me at any second buuuuutttt it never does. It holds at the last second. Got lap times into the upper 35s. Need to get a bit more consistent on my brake points and getting out of the tight corners, but I’m expecting a more competitive race. 

dean1484
1/29/19 3:16 p.m.

As usual I have not turned a lap with the Yota.  What can go wrong  LOL

BradLTL
1/29/19 3:28 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I think this is the only practice I’ve done this series. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/29/19 5:18 p.m.

I finally learned about the differential settings. The suspension calculator guy has a differential calculator.  Now I understand why changing my coast ramp angle didn't seem to matter - because it didn't based on my preload and engine braking settings. 

dean1484
1/30/19 12:00 a.m.
e30Matt said:

With the curbs at this track causing my car to insta-spin I decided to try a radical setup change to see if I could dial that out.  As of yet I have failed to do that, but the new setup is faster by a large margin.  In race trim I have run a couple of 1:59's, and I'm sure with some more tweaking/qualifying setup 58's are on the table.  That said, I manage to throw in a spin every 3-4 laps and overwork the front left tire pretty badly, so race pace isn't exactly great.  I'll be on tonight probably starting around 8:30 to continue trying to tame the prancing pony if anyone wants to join.

Since not everyone was around for the first series it's worth reposting some tuning links.  The first is the suspension calculator, the second has some good info in the 3rd post in regards to sorting out handling issues, tire pressures for pit stops, and some good links for other reading.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54023-Project-CARS-2-Suspension-Calculator-v0-96

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58421-Is-there-a-setup-guide-or-a-setup-site-for-Project-Cars-2

dean1484
1/30/19 12:00 a.m.

Above is note to me for later. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/30/19 6:38 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

The differential calculator link is at the bottom of the first post in the link to the suspension calculator. It is different than the suspension calculator since it does not help you determine settings, but it does show how clutch type diffs are modeled.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/30/19 1:48 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

You know, I've never actually played with the diff calculator, I should probably do that at some point. 

As for tonight, I have some work to do on the car if I'm going to catch TJ and even that may not be enough. I just hope everyone gets away cleanly, the AI can come into T1 pretty hot. 

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
td7Jv9JX0JcSXpZbntkbZu9mV7mh1R6qxKWaMb0F3KtKck37adOjpTY5nas0UoO3