1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/4/19 9:06 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Imola should be pretty good for the Panoz. Not sure about Hockenheim. 

I'm hoping that at Monza I can make up time around the parabolica since I will be slower on the straights. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/4/19 9:58 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Dean's pit stick maneuver is on the replay. Watch 19:50 through about 20:50.  That took out the leader and gave Sauce the lead. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/19 10:09 a.m.

OK, cool.   I didn't realize it was that early in the race (about half way).  I was watching Dean from the following cam at the time, so I got a great view of it.   I didn't see what he was doing until the pit wall suddenly appeared. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/4/19 10:12 a.m.

Drove a few laps at Monza this morning. First time I've driven Monza in PC2. Track is bumpier than I thought it was going to be and the sausage curbs were not in GT5/6, so that changes the chicanes a bit. Top 23 fastest PS4 laps are all Toyotas. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/4/19 11:15 a.m.

Just signed up for a new ISP. Switching from cable to fiber. 100Mbps to 1Gbps. Won't be installed until after Monza, so the extra speed won't help me there....wink

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/19 10:31 p.m.

weird how I got tipped over I was off track and yet a car found me. Was it an Ai or was it brad. Also note that going in the corner the Ai in front of me does not seem to have any brake lights and yet decelerates harder than me and the other Ai. A bit weird.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/4/19 10:56 p.m.

I flipped you on your lid. Didn’t intend to hit you, but was going to right you when I came back around. You were off and going before I made the lap though. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/4/19 11:59 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

You just magically flipped back into your wheels and onto the track after about 2 minutes of sitting on your roof. Nobody hit you. Either it timed out and reset you or maybe you pressed the car reset button. 

dean1484
1/5/19 6:31 p.m.

I was pressing all the buttons on my wheel and I must have hit the right one to flip my back. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/7/19 9:11 a.m.

Not sure what happened last night. My car was great during practice and qualifying, then when the race started I had absolutely no rear grip. I think my best laptime was 1:45 and I don't think I ever completed two consecutive laps without a spin. I hope I messed up something in my setup or had the wrong one loaded because that was miserable. I did make some tweaks to my brake ducts to cope with the 135F track temps at the end of practice that didn't help me on the 93F track during the race, but it had to be something more than that. I'll figure it out by Wednesday.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/7/19 10:29 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Soooo I may have had the race weather set properly but the practice weather same as last week...

That definitely didn't do any of us favors as my tire temps were out of wack too and the car was sub-par, but not that bad. Dean by far had the best race pace, if it wasn't for repeated run ins with the AI he probably would have won. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/7/19 10:46 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

At one point after he exacted revenge on the AI, I caught up to him and nearly unlapped myself and was right behind him, then a few minutes later he was in 2nd. He made up a lot of time quickly, I think there may have been some chicane cutting to catch back up to you after being nearly a lap down, but yeah, he will be tough to hang with on this track.

If the track temps stay in the 90's the entire time, then I need to go back and adjust brake ducts and the radiator opening.

I'm going to focus on beating the AIs by running clean consistent laps. I think I'll have a more competitive car at Imola.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/8/19 10:22 a.m.

Did some more testing last night and have the Ferrari very well sorted at this point, with the exception of the launch. The car accelerates great out of corners, but from a standstill it just doesn't want to stay in a straight line. 

Of note, it's possible to run softs for this race. You have to look after them and they can be a bit dicey towards the end, but it's doable. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/8/19 10:40 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

So, I did a few laps with aero at 0/1 f/r and my top speed really wasn't appreciably different than my 0/0 setup, but it seemed I needed to brake a bit earlier for T1 and the turn in was not as good. So, I tried 1/1 and then 1/2. All were slower lap times than 0/0. I tried moving brake bias a bit rearward, but didn't seem to help. At 1/2 my top speed going into T1 is about 4-5 mph slower and I have to brake earlier. Makes no sense, but I'll play around with it some more. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/8/19 11:00 a.m.

Last night I also ran on softs and they worked well, but were a bit slippery for the last 2 or 3 laps. I think I would've finished 2nd instead of 3rd, but Dean gained about 2 seconds bypassing the first chicane fairly early in the race. Without those two seconds, I may have stayed ahead of him after my spin. No way to know though for sure. I do know that although I could catch him and follow him, I couldn't pass him, but it was fun. I had to brake early for the first chicane because I'd have more speed from the draft. I would nearly run into the back of his car at a couple places and try to not hit him, but those were places were I couldn't take advantage and get by, so all I could do was slow down and avoid contact.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/8/19 12:25 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

If you're on tonight send me your tune and I'll play with it a bit, see if we can get it sorted out. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/8/19 12:34 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Sounds good. I suspect I need to stiffen my suspension to make use of the downforce. 

dean1484
1/8/19 2:03 p.m.
T.J. said:

Last night I also ran on softs and they worked well, but were a bit slippery for the last 2 or 3 laps. I think I would've finished 2nd instead of 3rd, but Dean gained about 2 seconds bypassing the first chicane fairly early in the race. Without those two seconds, I may have stayed ahead of him after my spin. No way to know though for sure. I do know that although I could catch him and follow him, I couldn't pass him, but it was fun. I had to brake early for the first chicane because I'd have more speed from the draft. I would nearly run into the back of his car at a couple places and try to not hit him, but those were places were I couldn't take advantage and get by, so all I could do was slow down and avoid contact.

I did make the bypass but gave up all the time so as not to have an advantage.  That lap was actually about a second slower than my averages.  I did the same thing later in the race chasing Sauce.  Missed my breakpoint completely so gave back the time.  I think I did it one more time on the 2nd chicane as well with you following.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/8/19 2:23 p.m.
dean1484 said:
T.J. said:

I did make the bypass but gave up all the time so as not to have an advantage.  That lap was actually about a second slower than my averages.  I did the same thing later in the race chasing Sauce.  Missed my breakpoint completely so gave back the time.  I think I did it one more time on the 2nd chicane as well with you following.  

I also blew the brake point into T1 once, but did the same thing and made sure the timer was red before I got to the next turn. Pretty much everyone here adheres to the rule that you shouldn't gain an advantage from going off track, though there is some leeway for AI interactions devil

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/8/19 3:53 p.m.

I thought that you were like 3 seconds behind Sauce on the front straight and then were 1 sec behind after you re-joined after the chicane. I may have seen it wrong as I was just skimming through the replay then I deleted it.

The second chicane I doubt anyone could reliably gain an advantage cutting it with all of those curbs/launch pads in the run off area.  The times I've out braked myself on that one and miss it, I lose time.

Looks like I will get paid to not work for the next couple of weeks while waiting for a new contract to come through. The boss is letting me charge time to overhead, so I should get a lot of practice time for Imola and Nurburgring. I'll more than likely miss a couple weeks once the contract comes through since I'll be up in MI for a couple weeks.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/8/19 5:06 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

You're probably accurate about the time gain, it's just a matter of when he backed off to give it back. If another car is coming I will slow down later in the lap rather than risk losing a position at the time. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/8/19 7:47 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Good point. I just watched a little snippet so I didn't see what came before and after. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/10/19 7:47 a.m.

Good race Sauce. I was a little slow off the line, but was still in P2 heading toward T1 with the red AI Mercedes gaining on the inside. I didn't do enough practice races so wasn't exactly sure where to brake. Tried to play it safe and got passed by an AI on each side. I didn't want to be behind any AI, so I didn't give the joker on the inside any room and pretty much forced him to the edge of the track. Came out of the chicane in 2nd. Strange to lose two positions and gain them back in one chicane. The yellow AI Ferrari tried to dive bomb me at the second chicane under braking. I could only drive my line at that point so I turned in with him inside of me. Luckily he braked and I made it through with just minor contact. By that time Sauce had a 3-4 second lead and I tried to close the gap. I strung together my best set of consecutive laps and never gained anything on him, nor did I really gain on Dean behind.

I spun on lap 11 at parabolica, then spun at the last chicane (Ascari?) on lap 13 and almost lost P2. From that point to the end I was just trying to do safe consistent laps and save what was left of my left front. 

dean1484
1/10/19 1:05 p.m.

Was lots of fun last night!!!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/10/19 3:01 p.m.

I had the view change on me again at start, so I was a bit slow off the line changing views. I still managed to catch up to the pack in T1 and I was not terribly interested in diving into that anyway.  I was ahead of the AI Porsche and the Brad Porsche for a about half the race until I got a bit distracted and spun, which heated up the tires and resulted in a few more at least partial spins.  From then I was just trying to stay ahead of Sauce, who caught me in one of the last laps.

I might do OK in the next race with the tight turns, but I am in negotiations with the Deano Racing team in acquiring the rights to run a version of the Tangerine Torpedo for the last few races.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KVTBJhdApWrIlWbFwZ68ORbBB2d3YMYZBmTGswFHgB0QvgztK0VFePbLg7LGRVnZ