1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/6/20 9:18 a.m.

FWIW, I am going to miss the oval next week and also it looks like Sugo 2 weeks later. I think I'll make Hockenhiem and Silverstone. Then after that I'll be out of town for a month or so for work.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/6/20 10:10 a.m.
T.J. said:

FWIW, I am going to miss the oval next week and also it looks like Sugo 2 weeks later. I think I'll make Hockenhiem and Silverstone. Then after that I'll be out of town for a month or so for work.

I'm going to miss next week as well... should we push?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
2/6/20 10:25 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I'm fine with pushing a week, though it doesn't solve TJ's long term problems. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/6/20 10:57 a.m.

It's up to you guys. Either way is fine with me. It may just mean I miss Silverstone instead of Texas depending on when I end up leaving.

BradLTL
2/6/20 12:37 p.m.

We'll push next week, I want to enjoy the disaster that will be our first oval.  A couple things I've learned:

• During the rolling starts, do NOT touch the gas.  You'll get disqualified for being out of position.  I'm looking at you trigun.
  • I ran a 24.3 lap time... and was a full second off pace.  
  • You can't just change outside tires, which sucks because I think the insides could do the whole race.
  • The draft and AI are fast.  If your spotter says "2 lengths back" be prepared to be immediately passed on the inside.... Dean.
  • T1 is a harder line than you think.
  • When rejoining from a pitstop the AI has no issue with pulling directly online at about half your speed.  Watch for them exiting the pits and be prepared to dodge.
  • My right shoulder is going to be exhausted, however my left foot should be well rested.
  • I will turn off driver ratings for this race... that isn't a license to cause mayhem, just trying to not kill everyone's rating.
  • I actually seemed to turn faster laps on worn tires.
  • If another car gets right on your rear wing, it does feel like it takes aero away from you and can cause you to get loose if you aren't ready.
  • Drafting is key to turning quick times... everyone should probably have a buddy to help them qualify.
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/6/20 1:12 p.m.

Aren't there different oval and street Indy cars?  Are we running street style on the oval?   Is the AI running oval?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/6/20 1:30 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Everyone in the Chevy oval car. 

BradLTL
2/6/20 2:48 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to aircooled :

Everyone in the Chevy oval car. 

This.  You should be able to claim your same-ish livery.  The AI is incapable of driving the wrong car on the wrong track.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/20 5:03 p.m.

This is going to be. .. . .  Interesting?  :-)

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
2/7/20 1:04 p.m.
BradLTL said:

We'll push next week, I want to enjoy the disaster that will be our first oval.  A couple things I've learned:

• During the rolling starts, do NOT touch the gas.  You'll get disqualified for being out of position.  I'm looking at you trigun.
  •  

laugh I am 2-2 so far getting Dq'ed in the pit lane, I should be able to stay in position lolz.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/9/20 7:23 p.m.

Had to make a trip to Chicago and back this weekend. I'll be out of town Wed & Thurs this week. Hopefully will have some time to practice on the oval before next Wednesday.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
2/10/20 9:15 a.m.

Hey guys! I hope all is well with everyone. Just dropping by to extend an invite to my GTS league on Sunday nights at 7pm Eastern. We've got a fun, not so serious league that still produces some killer races. Last night we started the Bedroom Poster car series, which is several short races and the winning car of each races gets banned. Power/weight limits, sports sorts, no tuning. It's been an absolute riot so far. Here is one of the races from last night. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/20 11:23 a.m.

hmmmm... I remember when it was Spool we would crash into the pit lane...

I think I tried to get into one of your rooms once, but the connection was an issue.  I will have to try again if I am available on a Sunday.  

Remind us on how to find a particular room in GTS?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
2/10/20 12:31 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I was having internet woes a while back that was causing problems in GTS lobbies, but that has since been fixed. 

To find us, make sure to send a friend request to myself and LouisvilleZ06. Then go to the lobby and select "show rooms with friends" from the menu on the left hand side of the screen. The room usually has KSRL (Kentuckiana Sim Racing League) or KYSCCA in the title. 

dean1484
2/10/20 1:15 p.m.

This could be fun. . .. I miss taping spool from behind. .. . laughwink  

Da_Rock_
Da_Rock_ New Reader
2/11/20 12:52 a.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

Sent you a friends request. Definitely interested.

dean1484
2/11/20 10:46 p.m.

So lots of oval tuning tonight. Got the tire ware and temp issues of the right front dialed in a little better. I still need over all speed compared to the AI but in a half hour race I won because I only needed to pit once while the AI had to pit  twice. So this means they will pit at least four times in an hour race where as I will only have to pit three times. If I can gain speed and keep my tire ware/temps the same I would have a much better chance in the hour race. 

dean1484
2/11/20 10:47 p.m.

Sauce I figured out the tire ware/temp thing for the right front after you signed off and ended up running the race to test it. 

dean1484
2/11/20 10:50 p.m.

The other thing I noticed is that the AI starts out really fast but after ten laps or so there speed drops off where as I consistently get faster as the run goes on. This tells me there tires are going away much faster than mine. 

dean1484
2/12/20 11:45 a.m.

The AI on this track is REALLY fast.  I am not sure that we can compete with them.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
2/13/20 12:40 p.m.

I had planned to do some practice last night but ended up having to work. I may try to get on tonight. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/14/20 4:12 p.m.

Still haven't done any practicing on the oval. Sounds like we will be doing a lot of laps in 60 minutes. Hopefully will get some time tomorrow night to get ready.

BradLTL
2/15/20 4:47 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Probably close to 130

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/15/20 6:37 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

That makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

dean1484
2/16/20 10:26 a.m.

The real question is will it be 4 or even 5 stops versus 3 stops. I can do 3 stops with out issue and I am going to test and see if I could do 2 stops. It means I will have to get 20 minutes out of the tires.  I don't think it is impossible and since I am not going to win this on speed I might as well try to win it on fuel/tire strategy. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1rYuKUqlSRhvg7PdnBS22VfovAtVCEq36CcuQ3WinjD7oKy4fgdFA0R04Zgfdqfe