1 ... 11 12 13
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/22/19 12:42 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I have the data. I’ll take a look and report back. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/22/19 1:37 p.m.

Dark was in the lead at the end of lap 5 by 0.697 seconds, then the next lap was 3:48 behind you. I can send you the excel file if you want it.

I thought at one point after you came out of the pits, I was fairly close to you and remember even seeing you ahead of me in places. Not sure what lap that was (6-7 looks like), but I was on my original tires and was set on making them last until at least lap 9, so you just drove off into the distance.

I never got into a groove the whole race and struggled to just turn clean laps even though my laptimes were a bit slower than what I thought I'd run. 9:05-9:10 was my target race pace which I only managed to hit (or beat) on 5 laps out of the 17. A little disappointed with my performance, but not my finishing position.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
12/22/19 2:29 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Thanks for posting, that's all I was curious about, no need for the file.  

IIRC after my first stop at the end of Lap 6 I came out of the pits about 24 seconds ahead of you.  My target lap time was in the same range as you, but shortly after that stop I hit a groove where I was running well but not killing the tires.  I told myself to ignore everything else and just focus on staying in rhythm and that everything would work itself out.  That actually led to some surprising consistency, looking at the data the time delta between my laps 9 and 10 was 0.117s, and lap 11 was 0.9s.  I think it was mostly due to the balance of the car with the fuel levels in the middle of the race but it felt great.  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/24/19 7:36 a.m.

My current test list for the next series:

1. Formula Renault
  2. BMW M1
  3. Aussie Supercars
  4. Nascar racin'
  5. Indy Road cars

On medium to large tracks, plus at least 1 oval. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/24/19 10:05 a.m.

If you schedule a 2.5 hour race on an oval....   

....I will find you...

BradLTL
12/24/19 10:08 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

In the rain...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/24/19 12:55 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I'm not sure what the official results are, but by my math Sauce finished with 137 points to my 135 points for the series. I would've had him if the last race was not double points. Also, it looks like Air took P3 by four points over Dean. (I had this backwards at first because I had Dean in P7 at Mugello instead of getting 7 points.)

Brad and I were the only drivers with 2 or less DNSs to not get a fastest lap bonus point. Sauce and DarkKing got one each and Dean and Air each got two.

Argo was the most consistent driver of the series with 6 straight DNSs.

Looking forward to the next series whatever it may be. Still haven't turned the game on since Saturday which is a long break for me.

BradLTL
12/24/19 1:44 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Just for you, I updated and posted the official results.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/24/19 2:22 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Thanks. I had P3 wrong in my post above. Air is P3 by 4 points.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
12/25/19 11:20 a.m.

Well, Sauce Jr the II decided to make his debut on Christmas morning. It works out well, we have a lot of family in town for the holidays which helps a ton. 

Also, I won't be going back to work until the end of January, so I'll have some time on my hands if testing needs to be done. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/19 12:25 p.m.

DUDE!!!!!!!  Congrats!!!!!  I trust mom and Jrll are doing fine?   

That is the best Xmas present you could get!!!!  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
12/25/19 12:28 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yep, everyone's doing well just badly in need of sleep. Thanks! 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/19 12:40 p.m.

You do realize he will for ever feel jipped in the presents department with his birthday and Xmas on the same day.  

My brother is a Xmas kid. Never heard the end of it. Hell even now we hassle him about it. Lol. 

BradLTL
12/25/19 12:44 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Congratulations. That is awesome. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/25/19 1:17 p.m.

Congrats!

You might consider an un-birthday 6 months off of the actual day.  You could do a Alice in Wonderland theme (or mad hatter tea party) if you like.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/25/19 2:45 p.m.
dean1484 said:

You do realize he will for ever feel jipped in the presents department with his birthday and Xmas on the same day.  

My brother is a Xmas kid. Never heard the end of it. Hell even now we hassle him about it. Lol. 

The most famous person I share a birthday with is Gregory Peck......Sauce Jr deuce can say he shares his birthday with Jesus, so that is cool.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/25/19 2:45 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Congrats!

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
12/25/19 7:19 p.m.

Thanks guys. Dean is right about the Xmas birthday thing, my dad's birthday is 3 weeks before and got the same treatment so Air is probably on to something. 

TJ, who is this Jesus guy? Never heard of him. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/26/19 11:30 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

My Brother-in-Law's B-day is Dec 27th or 28th. I doubt it matters much now, but as a kid it would seem to be better to celebrate it 6 months off the actual date or something not so close to Christmas.

1 ... 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FtzFEl6t0ffsJnTIc7xxLb15Z2s1jaObT3vsQRuC13HlBYIJIB31PQuSmN9RbBeB