1 2 3 ... 6
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/1/15 4:07 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM-PCARS inaugural series.

This is a 10 round Championship series hosted on the PlayStation4. Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged.

The series will be run on Wednesday nights at 10ET. The first race will be on: January 20th, 2016

PS+ is required to participate.

Car class: Group A (Open Setup)

• BMW M3 E30 Group A
  • Mercedes Benz 190 Evo2 DTM
  • Ford Sierra RS500

Rules:

• Races will be based on time as follows: Practice 20 minutes / Qualification 10 minutes / Race 30 minutes
  • Realistic Driving Aids
  • Fuel and Tire usage will be set to Real
  • Damage will have a performance impact (this is subject to change depending on driver behavior)
  • Flag will be ON
  • Penalties will be OFF
  • Ghost cars will be ON
  • AI drivers will fill the field and be set at 85%

• 1st - 25pts
  • 2nd - 20pts
  • 3rd - 18pts
  • 4th through 16th will be -1pt per position with 16th getting 5pts
  • AI drivers do take points away from humans (this should make things interesting)
  • DNS / DNF will score 0 points

Schedule:

1. (1/13) Test-n-Tune TBD
  2. (1/20) Monza GP - Replay
  3. (1/27) Brands Hatch GP - Replay
  4. (2/17) BRNO - Replay
  5. (2/25) Catalunya GP - Replay
  6. (3/16) SPA - Replay
  7. (4/13) Dubai GP - Replay (In Car Only)
  8. (4/27) Hockenheim GP - Replay
  9. (5/4) Road America - Replay
  10. (5/11) Sonoma GP - Replay (In-Car Only)

Champion

ARGO in the Ford Sierra RS500

Results:

Player Streams:

BradLTL
12/1/15 4:08 p.m.

Who's in? Any feedback?

The rules may be changed as needed and as we figure out what works for our group. I figured for the start we needed something with fenders. Open wheel could create some spectacular crashes, but I don't want everyone rage quitting after the first lap.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/15 11:11 p.m.

Assuming I have a working wheel by then, I am in. There is an amazing selection of cool GT3 cars in the game and a pretty good selection of GT4. Use most of the real series circuits?

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
12/3/15 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Argo1:

What happened to your wheel? I know you had a really good one.

Brad, I hope you get a good group responding to this. I wish I had time to join you right now. I've heard good things about the Project Cars Sim.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/15 8:39 a.m.

No PS4 for me yet.

jv8
jv8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/3/15 10:03 a.m.

I'm interested... although I'm an online league newbie... hopefully I can help fill out the field without too much inadvertent damage.

Project Cars looks and sounds amazing on the PS4. I miss the game environment of GT6... maybe GT7 will be the best of both worlds.

BradLTL
12/3/15 10:14 a.m.
jv8 wrote: hopefully I can help fill out the field without too much inadvertent damage.

You'll be fine. I've had the game for awhile but have only logged about 7 hours of racing in it. It just more interesting to race with people you know than it is the computer. That said, I've setup this series to fill the grid with AI. The theory is that they will always provide someone to race against so you aren't just lapping out there by yourself.

Also, paying points to the last position (DNF get 0 points) and having the Bots take points from humans should keep people racing even if there is a wreck.

It should make for an interesting championship if we get enough people.

Argo1
12/3/15 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Graefin10:

So far I can't get Project CARs and PS4 to work with it. Seems to be a common problem based on the forums. I've ordered an adapter that should work.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/4/15 10:56 a.m.

Which one did you get?

The "M4" one does not look like it works very well (essentially just emulates a controller, with a huge dead zone)

BradLTL
12/22/15 7:34 p.m.

Argo's wheel was sent to a professional to be fixed and tested (me). It now works as designed with the PS4 and PCars.

Anyone else have excuses that need to be resolved?

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
12/24/15 4:41 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: Argo's wheel was sent to a professional to be fixed and tested (me). It now works as designed with the PS4 and PCars. Anyone else have excuses that need to be resolved?

Yeah...I haz Project CARS for X-Box One. Having a blast with the FR-S even though only using standard controller and the FR-S doesn't really sound like that. But these guys know how to make a proper racing Sim - ex SimBin personnel that developed the best GT racing simulator for PC, GTR2.

Argo1
12/25/15 5:00 p.m.

Could be challenging to organize a group for the PCars series since the users are split across three platforms (PC, Xbox, PS4). Maybe organize as many as possible for a PS4 GRM group and then join the organized international races as a group.

BradLTL
12/25/15 5:37 p.m.

The GT6 league took a bit to get going. Have to start somewhere.

dean1484
12/25/15 6:11 p.m.

How much is protect cars?

dean1484
12/25/15 6:23 p.m.

I actually think that with many platforms it will have a wider user base and you may find it easier to get people. This is predicated that you can play on line across platforms. If it can do that it will greatly widen the field.

BradLTL
12/25/15 10:00 p.m.

You can get it for about $30 most places. Unfortunately the racing crowd is limited to PSN.

Link

BradLTL
1/3/16 3:46 p.m.

10 days and counting....

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/3/16 4:00 p.m.

crap don't have the game and probably won't till after the 16th....

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/4/16 6:47 a.m.

Do we need the PSN to play? Internet obviously but PSN specificaly?

BradLTL
1/4/16 6:51 a.m.

You'll need PSN, but not PSN+.

In order to host you need Plus, but I have that and will host. You should be able to join with a basic / free account.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/4/16 6:56 a.m.

Cool, you bump it back a week and you will have one more for the first race, if not it will be race 2.

BradLTL
1/4/16 5:30 p.m.

I'm game to push it back to get another racer in the series. I'll update the schedule to reflect the change.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/5/16 1:33 p.m.

Cool I will be in!!!

dean1484
1/5/16 4:10 p.m.

I need my G27 to work with the PS4 (Santa got my house a PS4) I really dont want to get another wheel. Is there one that works on both the PS3 & 4?

Argo1
1/6/16 10:34 a.m.

My Fanatec GT3 RS now works well with both. Brad was able to update the firmware which required a Windows 7 computer (I only had access to Windows 10).

I saw that Amazon is pre-selling Grand Turismo Sport for PS4 with a ship date of 12/30/16. I will make that purchase.

Project CARS is a great driving sim but full of bugs and glitches. Cars and tracks are great. AI is aggressive and a challenge to race with. Graphics and sound are great. Beyond that it gets a bit shaky. Also, the console versions only have about 80% of the capability of the PC version. Overall, with the annoying bugs, I give it a "6" out of 10.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yG2OoNTyttpan0JB7QFTRTy6grrv2osSQSvrT0RIizER3vLUlZhzz9fFDaPAk4DO