1 2 3 ... 6
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/16/16 9:24 a.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM-PCARS series #2.

This is a 7 round Championship series hosted on the PlayStation4. Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged. The Stewards will be watching.

The series will be run on Wednesday nights at 10ET. The first race will be on: May 25th, 2016

PS+ is required to participate.

Click the following link to register: Series Registration Form

Car class: LMP2 (Open Setup)

• 2013 Alpine A450 LMP2
  • 2013 Marek RP 219D
  • 2013 Oreca 03 LMP2
  • 2014 RWD Motorsports P20 LMP2

Rules:

• Races will be based on time as follows: Practice 30 minutes / Qualification 15 minutes / Race 45 minutes
  • Realistic Driving Aids
  • Fuel usage is set to real and Tire usage will be set to 2x
  • Damage will have a performance impact
  • Flag will be ON
  • Rolling starts
  • Penalties will be OFF
  • Ghost cars will be ON
  • AI drivers will fill the field and be set at 85%

• 1st - 25pts
  • 2nd - 20pts
  • 3rd - 18pts
  • 4th through 16th will be -1pt per position with 16th getting 5pts
  • AI drivers will take points away from humans
  • DNS / DNF / DQ will score 0 points

Schedule:

Results and Scoring:

Champion:

BradLTL in the Merak

Replays:

Round 1 Replay - Nurburgring GP

Round 2 Replay - Laguna Seca

Round 3 Replay - Silverstone

Round 4 Replay - Oulton Park

Round 5 Replay - Imola

Round 6 Replay - Spa

Player Streams:

BradLTL
5/16/16 9:32 a.m.

Also, we are running at Watkins Glen GP this Wednesday. 30 minutes fun run race.

BradLTL
5/17/16 7:59 a.m.

This series has been opened up to GTPlanet and PCars Official Forum members. Here are the links to those threads:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grm-racing-league-series-2-lmp2.346188/

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47202-GRM-Racing-League-Series-2-(LMP2)

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/19/16 11:07 a.m.

Nice first track choice. At the ring

BradLTL
5/19/16 11:11 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Nice first track choice. At the ring

Yes, but just the GP track... not the Green Hell. Not sure I would survive more than a lap or so there in a Prototype.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/20/16 3:27 p.m.

Online time trial results put the RWD 4 seconds faster than the other LMP2 cars around the Nurburgring GP in the 1:44 range. Best Oreca time was 1:48. In my early recon laps I'm a long way off in the 53's. Elevation and sight lines in this track are different than the GT6 version. Wonder which one is correct?

BradLTL
5/20/16 4:26 p.m.

I don't feel that it is that different... or maybe it just been that long since I played GT6. My first few laps were in the 54s, but I am awful in section 1. I just can't get the car to find a good line. Clearly it is the car's fault.

I'm voting for 2x tire wear just to make it so softs won't make the whole race. Yeas or Nahs?

Ideally, I would like it if you had to switch compounds and a soft/soft strategy wouldn't work either. It would be good if running softs required 2 stops, where running a hard or medium and a soft only required one stop. That would really throw an interesting wrench into things.

Argo1
5/20/16 5:07 p.m.

Haven't had a chance to find out how tires drop off with wear. How much do lap times drop off? With 1x tire wear one set could probably make the 45 min race with just a splash and go stop. How much longer is a tire change stop? Are tires changed at the same time as fueling or does fuel go in first? Things to learn and test

BradLTL
5/20/16 5:20 p.m.

When I was setting up some default pit strategies the game says a splash-n-go is about a 4.5 second stop versus a tire change at 16.6 seconds.

Argo1
5/20/16 7:33 p.m.

So practicing a little with x2 tire wear seems OK. It's not excessive. We should probably do x2 fuel as well to make it interesting. We REALLY should do rolling starts. That is the way the real series starts. I tried a few of them to compare to standing starts and it is much easier to avoid carnage.

BradLTL
5/20/16 7:45 p.m.

You don't have a 2x fuel option. Fuel is either on or off. I'm good for rolling starts as long as they don't work like GT6. Meaning we all go green at the same time, not as you cross the start line.

Argo1
5/20/16 8:18 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

On a rolling start you can go as soon as the lights go green. You are actually in full control before the green light.

BradLTL
5/20/16 8:36 p.m.

Cool. Let's try it Wednesday with 2x tire wear. Practice accordingly.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/20/16 10:36 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/16 3:25 p.m.

Brad

Is there a trial version of PC

BradLTL
5/21/16 5:36 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I don't believe so, but the Game of the Year Edition is coming (out?) and for the princely sum of $35 you get the game and all the DLC.

Argo1
5/23/16 7:32 a.m.

The Watkins Glen setup was complete garbage at Nurburgring GP. Difficult to drive and prone to wheel spin. After a lot of trial and error, I think I've found which direction to go. I haven't found much more speed but the car is easier to drive now. Haven't had any chance to assess tire wear and fuel usage to figure pit strategy.

Argo1
5/23/16 7:34 a.m.

What will be the in-game date and start time for the Ring GP event?

BradLTL
5/23/16 8:20 a.m.

Date: Current (5/25) Time: 12:00 Time Progression: 5x

I want to see what the time progression looks like, not so extreme that it goes to night. At 5x it should only progress just short of 4 hours. We may get rid of it after round one.

BradLTL
5/23/16 8:30 a.m.

BradLTL
5/23/16 3:42 p.m.

As good as my car felt at Watkins Glen, it feels that horrid in Section 1 at the 'Ring. I cannot get get it consistent through those first series of corners.... and braking over the ridge into T1 is awful.

The bots are running in the 50s and 51s. I'm a second and a half off that on a good lap.

I ran a full online test today:

• Time progression wasn't noticeable at all. Maybe we should move the start time up or back? Morning to midday, or midday to afternoon? Or we can just turn off time progression?
  • Rolling start didn't seem to work. Granted I skipped to the end of Qualifying session with about 4 minutes to go, but I was 13th at that time and when the race started I was P1. I'm still for trying it in the race (I'll let the whole session complete).
Argo1
5/23/16 9:11 p.m.

Rolling start normally works just fine. I seem to be the slowest at this point. Need to find a few seconds. I think "force interior view" should be "yes".

BradLTL
5/24/16 7:05 a.m.

I don't want force everyone to that view. Some may prefer bumper or hood cam.

I'm ok with whatever view promotes good racing.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/24/16 7:37 a.m.

I am turning 1:50~:51s.

My car is great some places and horrible in others. I just can't find a happy middle ground.

As usual I am not consistent.

I do not drive with interior view. I drive with the hood view (first after helmet view). I can turn my head and see the mirrors. The perspective of the TV isn't realistic in these cars (no video game is really). Unless you have a huge tv or sit really close, I don't see how anyone can think the views are a reasonable representation. You take what most people have for a field of vision (~110 degrees functional) and chop it down to at best recommendation of 30~40 degrees? Then you pin a faux interior on it crammed into that 40 degree field of vision. Doesn't work.

I don't want a video game (no whole car views) but I don't want to be pinned "in the car" either, because that isn't realistic.

I did a night race last night and it was fun. Wonky with the tire pressures. I think it will play to us as opposed to away as the tires will cool a bit as they wear.

Pit strategy is a PITA. I have a splash set up and a half track set up, but selecting one quickly is hard.

I will be happy if I just put in some consistent laps and bring it home without having to pit for damage.

Argo1
5/24/16 10:30 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

I agree. If I can just bring it home with all the fenders on it I will be happy.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qwBIG7xELX3xnlS5wpo1aKV1iuSI46Rv8g9HLlhhDjpiBW7IVPBsw5d4TXdyDifx