Points updated. Replay posted.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/22/16 1:49 p.m.

what was TE9500rpm driving?

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/22/16 1:50 p.m.

McLaren, he ran a 32.4 fast lap. Quick dude. He was probably 3-5 seconds clear by the end of the first lap.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/16 11:29 p.m.

Ran a few laps at Catalunya before the internet was disconnected. Car feels pretty stable but not especially fast. Online fast laps are in the 1:42's. My best on a very hot (108) track was a 1:47.6. Probably won't get more practice and tuning before race day. The good news is the bot race pace seems to be about 1:48-9.

BradLTL
7/26/16 5:36 a.m.

FAQ:

Q: Can I pick a new car every race? A: No, once you've selected a car that is the car you must use for the rest of the series.

Q: I can't make every race, can I still join? A: Yes, most participants will end up missing a race or two. Please don't join if you only plan to make 1 race though.

Q: Do I have to run every session on race day? A: No, show up when you want, run when you want. Just know if you miss the race or qualifying that's your problem we won't wait or restart for you.

Q: I'm not very fast, can I still join? A: Of course, just make sure that you follow race etiquette.

Q: What if I see a driver cheating, or someone is intentionally causing contact? A: Let me know and I'll take appropriate action to ensure it doesn't happen again.

BradLTL
7/28/16 5:51 a.m.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/16 8:42 p.m.

My race in summary: great first half... hand-to-hand combat with another racer and red mist with damage to my car the second half.

Argo1
8/4/16 10:06 p.m.

My race: No practice. No setup. No bueno.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/5/16 8:09 a.m.

I really enjoy watching the replays but don't know who is who. Do you have a list of driver's and their car numbers?

BradLTL
8/5/16 8:16 a.m.

I do-ish. The game doesn't do the best job of keeping your car / livery. So long as you don't do anything else it stays the same, but if you change your car when you come back it sets to a random livery.

BradLTL - White McLaren (although it was orange this week)

Argo - Orange Aston Martin

Te (GTP) - Blue McLaren

Chris (GTP) - Blue McLaren

BradLTL
8/13/16 8:10 a.m.

Ugh. This week was the first time I quit a race in anger / aggravation.

Everything started fine, I qualified P2 by 0.08. The only reason I wasn't P1 was because I got balked by a car going into the pits in the last corner. I had to back off to not hit it and that was the difference.

The race started fine. It took me a few laps to get around the bot in first and then Chris and I had a few back and forth battles until I made a small mistake and let him get a few seconds up the road. I just kept running laps until my pit window. My tires were shot anyway.

This is where everything came undone. I had planned for two 12 lap stints. I hit the pit lane and my car was filled up with gas and released. Crap. I forgot to set the active strategy. So now I have too much gas and no tires. I skated around another lap and had to pit a second time. This time I fumbled around and got a strategy to pit new tires on the car. By the time I got tires and was going again I was dead last and lagging behind by 15-20 seconds. I tried hustling and making up positions. I picked off 1, and then another. I was driving angry (at myself) and got off on the grass half spun and took a header into the wall. That was all I could take and called it a night.

It's a shame, I had enough pace to make it an interesting race with Chris.

Argo1
8/13/16 8:29 a.m.

Your race sounds like some of mine have been. I actually had pace at that track. Sorry that I was in Portland and missed the race. Now it's Imola, a track that I don't like.

Argo1
8/18/16 1:19 p.m.

Nice turnout last night with six drivers against 10 bots. I had pace but cockpit software glitches doomed my race.

BradLTL
8/18/16 9:28 p.m.

BradLTL
8/19/16 9:28 a.m.

I'm not exactly sure what it is with me an Imola. Best I can tell it is my inconsistency with trail-braking, but I'm not an expert. I can put together a fast lap, but over the course of a race I'll make small errors with my braking and lose the car. Typically the are completely self inflicted

And, that was the story of my race. Quick at the start, up to P3. Make a mistake and spin to dead last. Catch up and pass some cars, make a mistake, rinse and repeat. To add to this amazing recipe 2 laps from the finish my TV decided to turn off. That was just salt in the wound and cost me a final position as I scrambled to find the remote.

BradLTL
8/25/16 9:34 p.m.

Series is getting interesting. Points updated, replay posted.

Argo1
8/29/16 12:09 p.m.

Brad will miss Wednesday's race so I will be hosting. If I'm not on your friend list send me a request to PS I'd: Argo JM2.

Spa is a great track. Should be fun!

Argo1
9/1/16 11:47 a.m.

Good race at Spa with five of us against the bots. te9500 smoked us all by running harder tires on a no pit strategy. He was 35 seconds clear of me in second at the finish. Results sent to Brad for update. I didn't get the replay saved. Only my boring Twitch feed is available. Most of the race I was by myself.

BradLTL
9/6/16 8:30 a.m.

Argo1
9/7/16 11:20 p.m.

Great racing tonight. Everyone was very close in pace. I managed to spin myself out of first place on lap one and spend the rest of the race working back up to third... only to hand it to Zeb when I let off because I thought the race was over! (Nope. 4 seconds left...one more lap) That messed with my head and I ended up 6th after an off. Chris had a nice run finishing 2nd. Bowink was a great add to the field and finished up 12th in an unfamiliar car. Rambo qualified in the second row. Who knows where he could have finished if he had not retired.

Next week Zhuhai. Two races left in this series. Let's start hearing the wish list for series 4!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/8/16 7:11 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: Let's start hearing the wish list for series 4!

3 mandatory shots of tequila for the highest place finisher before the following weeks race.

Argo1
9/8/16 7:39 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:
Argo1 wrote: Let's start hearing the wish list for series 4!
3 mandatory shots of tequila for the highest place finisher before the following weeks race.

I like it. Clearly we need to use this with Te9500 since he was a GT Academy finalist and kicks our butts!

BradLTL
9/13/16 4:20 p.m.

Points updated.

Argo1
9/15/16 12:08 a.m.

OK, so that race blew. A glitch in the middle of the race trapped the Corvettes in the pits, unable to exit. (Some say... they were in there to have recalled parts changed...) One of the Corvettes was leading when he entered the pits. This jacked up the whole race. It became an extended practice session. We will re-rack this one and do it again next week - hopefully with no glitches. LeMans will be pushed out one more week.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/16 7:37 a.m.

Argo

Did you guys get tho sorted? We have been having on line issues with the GT6 game making series racing not real enjoyable. People can not see each other. I had a room with 14 people in I but I could only see six. Anyway have you continued on with this series? And if so how is the on line play?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
doK3pET6MleuR5wDxUKAyJv55eZr49i4TTEM8I6EqL2XOpw1iH4JoxurcZNNfBI1