carbon
carbon HalfDork
1/14/14 8:38 p.m.

On race softs I just ran a 7:04:217 in the FT1 @ the nordschleife. There was some time left in the car but it was a fairly clean lap. Anyone turn times there yet?

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/14 6:24 a.m.

That car drives awful on street tires. Any better on RS?

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/15/14 10:33 a.m.

Would this explain why you are something like 6 seconds slower then monkeyboy in the seasonal challenge?

I don't find it too bad, you just really have to invoke some power oversteer to get it around corners as fast as possible. Stickier tires might make the issue worse.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/15/14 10:38 a.m.

Man, I hate that track. Not the track itself - but the idea of a freaking "fast" seven minute lap is just painful. I have enough trouble keeping pixel cars on the edge for a 2 minute lap. A mistake after 6 minutes would seriously harsh my mellow.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/15/14 10:55 a.m.

I am with you brother on that one!

Interesting track (NOT good for more then one car though, too thin), but I also do not like the 8 min investment for each try. Main issue is I don't spend hours and hours playing, so like a bit more bang for my buck.

I also prefer the Seasonals that don't allow tuning for the same reason.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/15/14 12:05 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Man, I hate that track. Not the track itself - but the idea of a freaking "fast" seven minute lap is just painful. I have enough trouble keeping pixel cars on the edge for a 2 minute lap. A mistake after 6 minutes would seriously harsh my mellow.

This man speaks the truth! One of the earlier versions (I think it was 4) had a Ring lap in a touring car as one of the final license tests. I invested hours driving 2/3 or 3/4 of the way around only to drop a wheel off and have to start over. I nearly 9 ironed my Playstation before, by some miracle, I finished a lap in just under the acceptable time. It took me well over a week, IIRC.

Not really a huge fan of the FT1, either. It may be the sucky tire choice for the online challenge, but I think their physics model came from something that initially said "Caterpillar" on the grill.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/15/14 12:52 p.m.

The seasonal featuring that car is horrible. I tried to beat air cooled but ended up rage quitting due to the horrideness of the car. When they awarded it to me I wanted to give it back.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/15/14 1:05 p.m.

Hmmmm.... now I know what series to do if I want to win....

(assuming Monkeyboy does not pop in of course )

BTW - I hope this is not an issue, because, for me, you have to drive that car like the Muscle cars to get the most out of both of them.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/14 1:25 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Hmmmm.... now I know what series to do if I want to win.... (assuming Monkeyboy does not pop in of course ) BTW - I hope this is not an issue, because, for me, you have to drive that car like the Muscle cars to get the most out of both of them.

By that he means leave them in the garage and hope they appreciate in 30 or 40 years.

carbon
carbon HalfDork
1/18/14 1:52 p.m.
carbon wrote: On race softs I just ran a 7:04:217 in the FT1 @ the nordschleife. There was some time left in the car but it was a fairly clean lap. Anyone turn times there yet?

make that a 6:59:752 with some pretty costly (timewise) errors

carbon
carbon HalfDork
1/19/14 3:57 p.m.
carbon wrote:
carbon wrote: On race softs I just ran a 7:04:217 in the FT1 @ the nordschleife. There was some time left in the car but it was a fairly clean lap. Anyone turn times there yet?
make that a 6:59:752 with some pretty costly (timewise) errors

Make that a 6:50:602. There's some time left but that was pretty clean.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yXlvjsyBvxJjKcRvtLEYEO2Vjor4RfcCwaOW79dHGA1nGNqiv6vgAXbZaLsBOAXX